Why immigrate to the US?

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
In conclusion "turn about is fair play". Remember that. And remember how you could not take it in kind. You can dish out, but you cannot take it, not even on a forum.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Mexicans do the job the lazy gringo won't, or thinks they are too good for. I will say one thing about the Mexican people like the Dominicans they all work, to survive and to have a good life, and lots work up the ladder to improve on that goal. They do not have welfare or the typical Canadian handout where people here and in the US think welfare is a career choice. You don't work you don't eat. We need that. take away welfare and give us our earned wages back.

For the most part, Mexican and Latinos doing work Americans don't want to do rings true...somwhat. However when the Feds raided Meat Packing Plants across the country last year quite a number of jobs opened up which were filled by Americans. I just think Americans want to be paid more and have worker's rights. When you are here illegally you get paid what they want and pretty much have no say in what they do. Monitored bath room breaks, skipping a week of pay, forced OT, etc... that is what Americans do not want to deal with. Likewise employers of these places don't want to deal with Americans because they do not have them over a barrel like they do with illegal aliens. Illegal aliens want to be paid more and have worker's rights but they do not have a leg to stand on because they are here illegally. They open their mouth and it is back to Mexico, El Salvador, etc.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Your idea of 'turn about' is nothing more than to come into a discussion and attempt to cause even more discord between the honest members of this forum than there already is over issues of nationality. 'Turn about' my ear hh. No matter how people tried to engage you or discuss with you, you kept this up. That's a slap in the face of every one of our American members who contribute to actual debate and discussion in here. As much as if I were to head on over to an American site frequented by Canadians and simply spend my time trying to stir up animosity by calling Americans dolts and morons, hypocritical self centered twits. It's a crappy way to behave, and frankly, I'm shocked that the American members haven't taken you to task for it.

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
For the most part, Mexican and Latinos doing work Americans don't want to do rings true...somwhat. However when the Feds raided Meat Packing Plants across the country last year quite a number of jobs opened up which were filled by Americans. I just think Americans want to be paid more and have worker's rights. When you are here illegally you get paid what they want and pretty much have no say in what they do. Monitored bath room breaks, skipping a week of pay, forced OT, etc... that is what Americans do not want to deal with. Likewise employers of these places don't want to deal with Americans because they do not have them over a barrel like they do with illegal aliens. Illegal aliens want to be paid more and have worker's rights but they do not have a leg to stand on because they are here illegally. They open their mouth and it is back to Mexico, El Salvador, etc.

I know this and it is a sad state. I do hope that they get status and will be able to live on in the US, do their jobs as before but now with some human dignity and be treated as humans. I see the anymosity between Americans and the Mexican when you are in their country. It is not necessary. End the illegal status, and make them citizens, they have earned it, and most are not criminals that are illegal spanish aliens. I know of a few and they are good hard working people. Employees should not be able to get away with this. And I am surprised at the Americans for allowing this, if it were anyone else, or any other country they would be more helpful from what I have seen of the American generosity towards others, and countries. Americans usually champion for the little guy. Let's continue this. They are our people too, all part of the North American continent. This is the only bitch I have with the Americans is how they see Mexicans.
When we imported Mexicans here (canada) to pick berries because the Canadian thought they were to good for minimum wage, well before they came they made sure they were going to be paid that minimum wage (not lower) and to be treated the same as Canadian workers. They accomplished that, so hopefully they succeed in the US. They are an open minded country, and seems more that way everyday.

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
Your idea of 'turn about' is nothing more than to come into a discussion and attempt to cause even more discord between the honest members of this forum than there already is over issues of nationality. 'Turn about' my ear hh. No matter how people tried to engage you or discuss with you, you kept this up. That's a slap in the face of every one of our American members who contribute to actual debate and discussion in here. As much as if I were to head on over to an American site frequented by Canadians and simply spend my time trying to stir up animosity by calling Americans dolts and morons, hypocritical self centered twits. It's a crappy way to behave, and frankly, I'm shocked that the American members haven't taken you to task for it.
Karrie I am not a child an no one takes me to task for anything. I will not tolerate that.
And I do not engage in childish banter or insults, I could really make you all cry if I did. I also do not engage in the ridiculous tripe that most have indulged in here, and the pathetic comebacks. It is not debating, it is behaving like a calcitrant child, and for lack of anything better to say, resorts to grade school comebacks, Rhetoric.:cool::angry3:
My point is, and was to show you how you do not like it. And you proved me right. Turn about is fair play.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Karrie I am not a child an no one takes me to task for anything. I will not tolerate that.
And I do not engage in childish banter or insults, I could really make you all cry if I did. I also do not engage in the ridiculous tripe that most have indulged in here, and the pathetic comebacks. It is not debating, it is behaving like a calcitrant child, and for lack of anything better to say, resorts to grade school comebacks, Rhetoric.:cool::angry3:
My point is, and was to show you how you do not like it. And you proved me right. Turn about is fair play.

ROFLMFAO

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

No, you haven't been proven right. Because I don't feel one bit badly about anything I've said about the US on this forum. I've asked questions openly and honestly of honest American posters here. I've gotten honest answers and feedback. And that's what this forum is incredible at.... discussing and airing these issues, rather than trying to teach one another lessons through rudeness or abuse.

Our members embrace those sorts of opportunities, and I think that rocks.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
And I do not engage in childish banter or insults, I could really make you all cry if I did.

HAHA, you are so frigging full of your self. Reading your posts makes me cry from laughing so much. I thank you for being my entertainment for the day... have you ever considered a job in the clown industry?

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
quote=DurkaDurka;929860]HAHA, you are so frigging full of your self. Reading your posts makes me cry from laughing so much. I thank you for being my entertainment for the day... have you ever considered a job in the clown industry?[/quote]

:roll::roll::roll::roll:! Really it is I who is laughing.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
HAHA, you are so frigging full of your self. Reading your posts makes me cry from laughing so much. I thank you for being my entertainment for the day... have you ever considered a job in the clown industry?

Really it is I who is laughing.
Actually 'hunny'...you're commentary has kept me in stitches all night long...I bet you can't wait til the writers strike is over, so as to get back to work on those skits for Sesame Street 'eh'?

In case you were curious, I am full of myself...ask around, they'll tell ya.

Last edited:

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Mexicans do the job the lazy gringo won't, or thinks they are too good for. I will say one thing about the Mexican people like the Dominicans they all work, to survive and to have a good life, and lots work up the ladder to improve on that goal. They do not have welfare or the typical Canadian handout where people here and in the US think welfare is a career choice. You don't work you don't eat. We need that. take away welfare and give us our earned wages back.

Well, I don't consider myself lazy, but I also am not willing to work for slaves' wages. Most immigrants I've met have been very hardworking, but they all accept the free medical care just like the natives do, so I don't think they are immune to taking advantage of a needed handout. They'd have to be crazy to turn it down.

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
:roll::roll::roll::roll:! Really it is I who is laughing.
Actually 'hunny'...you're commentary has kept me in stitches all night long...I bet you can't wait til the writers strike is over, so as to get back to work on those skits for Sesame Street 'eh'?

In case you were curious, I am full of myself...ask around, they'll tell ya.[/quote]

so am I! ask around!

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
Well, I don't consider myself lazy, but I also am not willing to work for slaves' wages. Most immigrants I've met have been very hardworking, but they all accept the free medical care just like the natives do, so I don't think they are immune to taking advantage of a needed handout. They'd have to be crazy to turn it down.
Well Tracey I would, I can do for myself, and have raised my kids to too. We do not take handouts, nor need them God gave us the common sense to know how to do for ourselves. We do not want or need charity, that is for the weak.

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
There are programs, but they obviously aren't that numerous or we wouldn't have over 10 million illegal immigrants.

I know for a fact that many of those jobs go unfilled every year and therefore in some cases some employers will hire illegals, but some won't. Mexican citizens can legally work in the US if they really want to and get onto a path towards citizenship like many already do. However, the reasons many don't want to fill out the paperwork and instead prefer to maintain an illegal status are as follows:

1. No money to pay for the fees required for the paperwork
2. They've been convicted of a previous crime in the US (example being there illegally)
3. They simply don't want to wait in line like everyone else
4. They have the money to pay the fees but are to lazy to actually read and fill out the paperwork.

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
I know for a fact that many of those jobs go unfilled every year and therefore in some cases some employers will hire illegals, but some won't. Mexican citizens can legally work in the US if they really want to and get onto a path towards citizenship like many already do. However, the reasons many don't want to fill out the paperwork and instead prefer to maintain an illegal status are as follows:

1. No money to pay for the fees required for the paperwork
2. They've been convicted of a previous crime in the US (example being there illegally)
3. They simply don't want to wait in line like everyone else
4. They have the money to pay the fees but are to lazy to actually read and fill out the paperwork.

Wow all of them are criminals, what a bunch of bull****. Are you just saying this because they are Mexican, or do you actually have proof that they are all criminals.
I know many of them (illegals) and they have never been in trouble with the law, how ludicrous and bigotted. I bet most of those crimes are misdemeanors, but even that could get them in trouble as illegals. In your mind I guess all blacks are theives too, and all Hindus are terrorists.

I know lots of people that do not want to become citizens of the US, because they lose their citizenship to their mother country, they have to give it up. Wish Canada would do the same, then we may not have so many immigrants in our country. So maybe these Spanish people do not want that either. There has to be an even ground for these wonderful people. At least they were not stolen from their homes to work in the cotton fields. They had somewhat of a choice, after all a good portion of it was theirs. I love the US,but think it stinks the way you treat the Spanish people and have for decades, it is your only fault as far as I am concerned, other than that you are a great country and people.
There has to be a solution that would make everyone happy. Give them legal status with no repercussions, or strings.

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
No color in one sentence you say they don't have the money for paperwork fees.
Then in another sentence you claim they have the money but are too lazy too read or fill out the paper. Make up a mind.
Funny you say they are lazy, yet they do the jobs most won't.

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
Why immigrate to the US.
1) better standard of living
2) cheaper
3) nicer weather
4),Nashville
the reasons are endless. Investing in property is the main reason these days, Bargains galore in all the favorite places Canucks like to go.
And Arnie is inviting people to come work in California, such a nice commercial too.
Americans have so much pride in country, you get caught up in it.
I love that song Dixieland.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Why immigrate to the US.
1) better standard of living

Compared to what?

2) cheaper

That explains the housing foreclosures.

3) nicer weather

Massive California Forest/Brush Fires? Tornado Alley? New Orleans?

4),Nashville

:roll:

the reasons are endless.

Indeed, so long as there isn't much to back up the reasons.

Investing in property is the main reason these days, Bargains galore in all the favorite places Canucks like to go.

I like to goto Ireland/Scotland/UK, France, Australia, Germany, Cuba, and a few other places.... but to be perfectly honest, there's not much in the US that interests me. I don't mean that as an insult, but just being honest as a "Canuck"

And Arnie is inviting people to come work in California, such a nice commercial too.

Americans have so much pride in country, you get caught up in it.
I love that song Dixieland.

Fair enough, they are proud of their country and where they are today. But for myself, there isn't one thing down there that compels me to want to live there. Of course I imagine many in the US wouldn't care to move here for many of their own personal reasons..... to each their own.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Today's latest group of personal attacks have been moved to the cage. Get over them, or fight them out there, but keep it off the main threads.