Where a Mask and Get Your Two Shots Ya Buncha Dinks!

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
You have to wear pants when you go outside, so why the big cry of "How could my Gov't do this to me!?" when asked to wear a mask in public places.

Also, from what I gather most of you on this forum are a bunch of older fucks like me. So who cares if the vaccine turns out to have long-term side effects? You're an old codger already and probably only have 10-20 years left.

So smarten up ya buncha wimpy conspiracy theorists. Besides, our Gov'ts are too stupid to come up with hidden agendas. Believe me, it isn't all about Big Pharma, Oil and the breakup of Sha Na Na.

Yes! I said 'where' a mask in my Header. Okay, I'm drunk. But that doesn't lessen the gravity of my post...it only makes it more endearing!

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
It's a real head scratcher, though. The same people who complain about how lame and inept our Gov't is, are the first to cry out about hidden agendas and Gov't conspiracy theories.

I mean, if on the one hand you're complaining about the idiots running the country...how can you give them so much credit to come up with these super-secret hidden agendas?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It's a real head scratcher, though. The same people who complain about how lame and inept our Gov't is, are the first to cry out about hidden agendas and Gov't conspiracy theories.

I mean, if on the one hand you're complaining about the idiots running the country...how can you give them so much credit to come up with these super-secret hidden agendas?
The UN.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
I got jabbed because I am an old coot, like you said. I have taken the flu shot for years and I feel it has helped.
That said, the Corona is real, but at the same time, I feel the governments have taken full advantage of the situation. It's what they do.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I got jabbed because I believe that until almost all of us are we will not return to normal. I want to be able to watch a blue jay game in the cheap seats (now closed due to attendance limits). Concerts. And to not wear a mask. As long as we have a group of unvaccinated people for covid to spead and until it runs its course through those people we are stuck with restrictions.

Reactions: DaSleeper

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Although I have had two shots I am not convinced it is a smart thing to do. I would have much preferred to be the control group.Being the Guinea pig never really appealed to me.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
I am honestly and truly happy for everyone who got the shot. I believe that anyone who wants it or feels they need it should get it. If you took the vax, be happy... be content...you're protected!! You got some of your freedoms back (for now) that the government took away from you. Since the vax works, feel confident that you are safe and leave me alone. Stop with the stupid name calling, passive aggressive coercion, and the bully tactics. I will get it if and when I feel confident in it, but I'm not there yet, still too many questions.

Just like everything else in the last year and a half, the narrative is changing....it's yet another case of boiling the frog. How many boosters will now be required to maintain your "passport"? Why are we even discussing "passports" when we were told 6 months ago it wasn't something even up for consideration? Why are natural antibodies not given the same status as the vax even though many top virologists and researchers have provided evidence that natural immunity is more resilient, and taking the vax after recovering may actually be detrimental to natural immunity? Why were we told that some of the vaccines were effective, yet now we're being told some need to line up again and take a third or fourth shot if they got a certain type the first go around?

If you believe that the vaccine is giving you robust protection, be happy and content you made the right decision for you. If you believe however that you are still potentially at risk despite being vaccinated, then stop trying to pressure me into getting something that you obviously aren't confidnet is doing it's job. And if you are pissed off at me because the government hasn't mandated forced vaccination for all, but is still threatening your freedom if I don't get vaccinated, it may be time to start thinking a bit more deeply into it and asking yourself why that is.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am honestly and truly happy for everyone who got the shot. I believe that anyone who wants it or feels they need it should get it. If you took the vax, be happy... be content...you're protected!! You got some of your freedoms back (for now) that the government took away from you. Since the vax works, feel confident that you are safe and leave me alone. Stop with the stupid name calling, passive aggressive coercion, and the bully tactics. I will get it if and when I feel confident in it, but I'm not there yet, still too many questions.

Just like everything else in the last year and a half, the narrative is changing....it's yet another case of boiling the frog. How many boosters will now be required to maintain your "passport"? Why are we even discussing "passports" when we were told 6 months ago it wasn't something even up for consideration? Why are natural antibodies not given the same status as the vax even though many top virologists and researchers have provided evidence that natural immunity is more resilient, and taking the vax after recovering may actually be detrimental to natural immunity? Why were we told that some of the vaccines were effective, yet now we're being told some need to line up again and take a third or fourth shot if they got a certain type the first go around?

If you believe that the vaccine is giving you robust protection, be happy and content you made the right decision for you. If you believe however that you are still potentially at risk despite being vaccinated, then stop trying to pressure me into getting something that you obviously aren't confidnet is doing it's job. And if you are pissed off at me because the government hasn't mandated forced vaccination for all, but is still threatening your freedom if I don't get vaccinated, it may be time to start thinking a bit more deeply into it and asking yourself why that is.
The issue is that the vaccines do offer protection but not 100% protection. For COVID to survive it needs enough people to spread it. A non-vaccinated person can spread it much easier than a vaccinated person. A vaccinated person can still spread it just at a much lower rate. If the vaccine worked like the smallpox one and offered 100% protection, what you say is absolutely true. But since it doesn't the more unvaccinated people around, the more covid will still be around and continue spreading. If we had 100% vaccination rate, COVID would disappear as it would not be able to spread fast enough to survive.

Eventually, everybody who is unvaccinated will get COVID and then it will sort itself out. But the problem with that is they will overload the hospitals and ICU beds needed for heart attacks, strokes and other events will be taken up by people who for whatever reason chose not to be vaccinated, And all of us will continue to live with restrictions which should be gone by now.

Personally, I like the approach of removing restrictions for vaccinated people. But we need a nice way to be identified so those who are not vaccinated can't just pretend they are. If you make a choice, live with it.

Reactions: Hoof Hearted

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"Oh Canada
Glorious and FREE .
Try and remember the free part ."

The Covid-19 vaccine IS free. And you don't have the freedom to infect or harm other people.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"Stop with the stupid name calling, passive aggressive coercion, and the bully tactics."

I called you a 'dink' for not getting your two shots. Is calling someone a dink now considered bullying? You need to get a thicker skin Princess.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
"Stop with the stupid name calling, passive aggressive coercion, and the bully tactics."

I called you a 'dink' for not getting your two shots. Is calling someone a dink now considered bullying? You need to get a thicker skin Princess.
No, but it's childish and dumb. Impossible to rationally debate with someone who's emotional intelligence is so stunted.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
But the problem with that is they will overload the hospitals and ICU beds needed for heart attacks, strokes and other events will be taken up by people who for whatever reason chose not to be vaccinated, And all of us will continue to live with restrictions which should be gone by now.
And yet, despite the fact we've been hearing this for over a year now, it has yet to happen. In fact, most areas have been steadily dropping restrictions and mandates. If ICU's are under such imminent threat as you say, why is this?

This was never about 100% vaccination, we were told 70% would achieve heard immunity. Most places are pretty much at that point.
But we need a nice way to be identified so those who are not vaccinated can't just pretend they are. If you make a choice, live with it.
Maybe we could make them wear a big symbol of some type on their chest when they go out in public. That has worked incredibly well in the past.

And don't worry, I'm very sure I will "pay the price" for my choice even more than I already have. You can rest assured that I will be made to pay dearly for my disobedience. Your desire for punishment will be no doubt be realized, I hope this gives you some satisfaction.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
"Oh Canada
Glorious and FREE .

The Covid-19 vaccine IS free. And you don't have the freedom to infect or harm other people.
Unless you're a smoker cuz the Fed still profits off that shit. Here's a question for you. When someone is harmed by second-hand tobacco smoke, should they be allowed to sue the Fed?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

You are on FIRE this week, brother.(y)

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
"Oh Canada
Glorious and FREE .

How can I infect or harm people when I don’t have the disease ?

Reactions: taxslave

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Unless you're a smoker cuz the Fed still profits off that shit. Here's a question for you. When someone is harmed by second-hand tobacco smoke, should they be allowed to sue the Fed?
Can you prove the harm was caused by second hand smoke ?