When will Kamala Harris and Joe Biden condemn the scourge of Leftist Antifa violence?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Maxine Waters tells Minnesota BLM protesters 'to get more confrontational' one day after violent anti-police clashes erupted across US

• California Representative Maxine Waters appeared on the Brooklyn Center protest on Saturday
  • 'We gotta stay on the street,' Waters said, encouraging protesters to ignore the night's curfew
  • She also talked about previous botched attempts at police reform and how she wants to see Derek Chauvin receive a guilty verdict in his trial, which is set for closing arguments on Monday
  • Earlier on Saturday, protesters marched to the house of Pete Orput, the man responsible for the second-degree manslaughter charges being faced by former police officer Kimberly Potter
  • There were clashes between protesters and police on Friday night, with cops deploying pepper spray
  • Protests have been more peaceful so far on Saturday night at the Brooklyn Center police station
  • Protests are also taking place in other cities across the nation, including Washington D.C.
By HOLDEN WALTER-WARNER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 01:58 EDT, 18 April 2021 | UPDATED: 02:30 EDT, 18 April 2021

California Representative Maxine Waters joined protesters in Minnesota as demonstrations entered a seventh night on Saturday after the death of Daunte Wright.

Waters told the protesters at Brooklyn Center that she will fight for justice on their behalf and urged them to 'to get more confrontational' - just one day after protests descended into violence.

'I am not happy that we have talked about police reform for so long,' Waters said. 'We're looking for a guilty verdict,' she added in regards to the Derek Chauvin trial. 'If we don't, we cannot go away.'

'We gotta stay on the street,' Waters was recorded saying, adding that protesters needed 'to get more confrontational' and they should ignore the curfew in place.

Her comments sparked outrage on Twitter.

'Of course she’ll get away with saying that while anyone else would’ve been thrown in jail,' Rick Santella tweeted.

Another user tweeted, 'Good grief lady, leave get out of here.'

One person also accused Waters of 'stirring people up again with her calls for violence.'

US Rep Maxine Waters joins Daunte Wright protest at Brooklyn Center

Pictured: Congresswoman Maxine Waters leaving the protest at the Brooklyn Center Police Department on Saturday

+27
Pictured: Congresswoman Maxine Waters leaving the protest at the Brooklyn Center Police Department on Saturday
Maxine Waters (D-CA) joins demonstrators in a protest outside the Brooklyn Center police station on Saturday night

+27
Maxine Waters (D-CA) joins demonstrators in a protest outside the Brooklyn Center police station on Saturday night

+27

+27

+27

+27
Waters is planning on staying in town until Monday.

According to CBS Minnesota, officials stated that there was a brief altercation between reporters and proresters as Waters was leaving on Saturday, the first reports of any skirmishes.

The Pioneer Press reports demonstrators gathered Saturday afternoon at the home of Washington County Attorney Pete Orput, responsible for the second-degree manslaughter charges against Kimberly Potter.

The protesters stood outside of Orput's home before marching through is neighborhood in Stillwater.

Black Lives Matter activist Nekima Levy Armstrong relayed that Orput left his home briefly to engage in a conversation with protesters.

Protesters outside the home of Pete Orput, the Washington County Attorney in Stillwater on Saturday afternoon

+27
Protesters outside the home of Pete Orput, the Washington County Attorney in Stillwater on Saturday afternoon
Pictured: Armed members of the New Black Panther Party standing in front of the Brooklyn Center Police Department

+27
Pictured: Armed members of the New Black Panther Party standing in front of the Brooklyn Center Police Department
Pictured: Peaceful protesters in front of the Brooklyn Center Police Department on Saturday night

+27
Pictured: Peaceful protesters in front of the Brooklyn Center Police Department on Saturday night
A demonstrator spray-paints at Union Station near the U.S Capitol, during a march in Washington, D.C. on Saturday

+27
A demonstrator spray-paints at Union Station near the U.S Capitol, during a march in Washington, D.C. on Saturday
Demonstrators raise their fists at Union Station near the U.S Capitol, during a march in Washington, D.C. on Saturday

+27
Demonstrators raise their fists at Union Station near the U.S Capitol, during a march in Washington, D.C. on Saturday
A demonstrator holds a Black Lives Matter sign during a protest outside the Brooklyn Center police station on Saturday

+27
A demonstrator holds a Black Lives Matter sign during a protest outside the Brooklyn Center police station on Saturday
A demonstrator holds up a sign during a protest outside the Brooklyn Center police station on Saturday night

+27
A demonstrator holds up a sign during a protest outside the Brooklyn Center police station on Saturday night
BDemonstrators gather during a protest outside the Brooklyn Center police station on Saturday night

+27
BDemonstrators gather during a protest outside the Brooklyn Center police station on Saturday night
Police groups document dangerous objects brought to Minnesota protest

Protests have also been taking place in Chicago following the death of 13-year-old Adam Toledo, as well as New York City and across the rest of the United States.

On Friday night, many protests across the nation started off peacefully before sporadic clashes broke out between Black Lives Matters protesters and the police.

The state is also the location of the trial of former police officer Derek Chauvin, charged in the death of George Floyd last year.

The closing arguments in his trial are set for Monday, after which there could be a verdict and the potential for unrest based on that verdict.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
MERICAN NEWS Apr 18, 2021 2:22 PM EST

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces resolution to expel Maxine Waters from Congress

In response to comments made by Representative Maxine Waters of California Saturday night encouraging protestors to "get more confrontational" in Minneapolis, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene announced on Twitter her intention to introduce a resolution expelling Waters from Congress.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

McClain accuses Maxine Waters of inciting violence in Minnesota

Melissa Nann Burke
The Detroit News

View Comments
Washington — Republican U.S. Rep. Lisa McClain is slamming Democratic colleague, Maxine Waters, for saying that supporters of racial justice and Black Lives Matter should "get more confrontational."
But Waters responded to GOP criticism Monday by claiming Republicans were distorting her words and trying to "send a message" to white supremacists.
On the House floor Monday, McClain of Bruce Township accused California's Waters of condoning violence and claimed that, were Waters a Republican, the Democrat-controlled chamber would be voting on expelling her from her committees and potentially from Congress.
"Once again, this weekend we saw a member of the majority openly call for more confrontation in a Minneapolis suburb. That very night, there was a drive-by shooting in that community where police and national guardsmen were targeted," said McClain, a freshman lawmaker.

"The words 'get more confrontational' — what do those words mean? Are those not the words of someone — that someone would use if they wanted to incite more violence or insurrection?

"If the majority cares about this institution, if the majority cares about our nation, they need to get their own house in order and tamp down on the vile rhetoric."

McClain spoke just after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi opened Monday's House session. Shortly after, Pelosi told reporters that Waters did not need to apologize for what she said, but that McClain should.

"That woman on the floor should be apologizing for what she said," Pelosi said, referring to McClain. "She was attributing some murder — some incident that happened after that to Maxine's statement," Pelosi continued.

"No, Maxine talked about confrontation in the manner of the Civil Rights movement. I myself think we should take our lead from the George Floyd family: They've handled this with great dignity. ... No, I don't think she should apologize."

Asked if Waters' comments incite violence, Pelosi replied, "absolutely not."

McClain on Twitter said, "As 'that woman,' no, I won't apologize for calling out the double standards that you have set, @SpeakerPelosi."

Waters was in Minnesota over the weekend and was asked by reporters about the trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer on trial for murder in the killing of a Black man, George Floyd, last year.

Waters told reporters that if Chauvin isn't found guilty, "We've got to stay on the street and we've got to get more active, we've got to get more confrontational. We've got to make sure that they know that we mean business," according to Fox News.

Waters in an interview with TheGrio said she is nonviolent and that Republicans were purposely distorting her words.

“I talk about confronting the justice system, confronting the policing that’s going on, I’m talking about speaking up. I’m talking about legislation. I’m talking about elected officials doing what needs to be done to control their budgets and to pass legislation," Waters said.

"I am not worried that they’re going to continue to distort what I say. This is who they are and this is how they act. And I’m not going to be bullied by them."

Waters also came under fire from Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California, who tweeted Sunday that if Pelosi "doesn’t act against this dangerous rhetoric, I will bring action this week."

Another Republican lawmaker, Marjorie Taylor Greene, on Sunday announced an effort to expel Waters from Congress. Greene was expelled from her committees in February over past inflammatory remarks.

mburke@detroitnews.com

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Meanwhile:

BREAKING: Medical Examiner Determines Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick Died of Natural Causes After Two Strokes​

orangeman bad. hate orangeman.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Detroit police chief says squad member Rep. Rashida Tlaib should resign after calling for 'no more police' saying it 'can't be reformed' and is 'inherently and intentionally racist'

• Detroit's police chief said he would 'love' to see Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib resign after her call for abolishing police departments
  • Detroit Police Chief James Craig said: 'I'd love to see her resign. I'd throw her a goodbye party.'
  • Tlaib's comments followed the fatal shooting of Daunte Wright during a traffic stop in Minnesota last week
  • Wright, a black 20-year-old, was killed by Minnesota police last Sunday
  • Kimberly Potter, a white 26-year veteran of Brooklyn Center police, resigned and has been charged with manslaughter
By JAMES GORDON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 18:51 EDT, 19 April 2021 | UPDATED: 23:14 EDT, 19 April 2021

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I am getting to the point that maybe the police should start to use lethal force on these communist red guard thugs. Otherwise, these communist thugs like BLM and ANTIFA will only make things get worse. They are the enemy of we the people. Just saying.
A better idea might be the press gang . For some reason I am sure 6 months off rock and roll , up and down might not appeal much .