What's Your New-year's Resolution?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
And we use less energy as we age- that also adds weight - our intake is the same but the energy used by the body is less.
So we can go from a hunk to a chunk - Not referring to you or myself on that last one.:smile:

thats right, and I will never live anywhere without stairs, as I make a point of going up and down
those stairs 'many' 'many' times a day, at a good pace.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I am giving some of my money to Charity who works in the red light district who is always trying to get ahead.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
yeah maybe tomorrow... last night I actually drank too much...haven't done that in years... :( likely won't do it again for years...hopefully never with the way my head feels today... it's a lay around drink tea and eat toast kinda day...

Me too, Sal..............my mind was like cotton batten when I first woke up - late this morning. But........I had a great time with good friends and did not overdo it to the point of being drunk.........tipsy yes and giggly. I rarely drink anymore but have learned the lesson of eating a good meal and snacking while imbibing. The one thing that hasn't changed over the years is this awful craving I have for really bad food especially fast food burgers. 8O I am glad to live far away from any chance of indulging myself. :lol:

Bremusa

Nominee Member
Dec 29, 2012
I am totally in charge of food allotment in our house, even though that sounds really strict, he
likes it that way, keeps his weight reasonable,.
Talloola thank you for getting to the point. I was a little shy to prod.
I believe in some relationships one should take charge in certain matters they know is for the better.

I struggle with certain aspects of my partner's lifestyle.
I want only the best and sometimes I only make it worse,with my lack of tact.

I don't see it as lack of tact though. I'm just passionate and in love.

Caring for one another's health and finances is not necessarily to be shared if the other is totally lacking in discipline.
Someone needs to rise above the inadequacies.

May I ask talloola, how long you have been together ?
Whats more important to me is how did it develop that you got to be in charge?

I must say typing the words in charge brings with it a sense of discomfort, but might be necessary.

Past relationships ended in the trash bin due to this very situation.

Bremusa

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Me too, Sal..............my mind was like cotton batten when I first woke up - late this morning. But........I had a great time with good friends and did not overdo it to the point of being drunk.........tipsy yes and giggly. I rarely drink anymore but have learned the lesson of eating a good meal and snacking while imbibing. The one thing that hasn't changed over the years is this awful craving I have for really bad food especially fast food burgers. 8O I am glad to live far away from any chance of indulging myself. :lol:
I wish it could have been late this morning. I didn't get to bed until after 3 but woke up by 6 as usual and kind just laid there dozing on and off again... :lol: That is probably most of my problem.

I wasn't drunk either we were eating h'orderves and I drank 4 glasses over 6 hours but that is still too much for me apparently. 8O I knew I should have stopped but she was doing the drink rounds, and topped my glass. I just kinda kept sipping. stuuuuuuupid. Oh well we all had a really good time and I likely won't drink that much again for another decade. We were hoping someone would do a Timmies run and bring back donuts. That didn't happen for us either fortunately but I could handle a nice burger now. Probably wouldn't be a good idea though. ;-)

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I call this photo: I AM NOT HUNGOVER.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Talloola thank you for getting to the point. I was a little shy to prod.
I believe in some relationships one should take charge in certain matters they know is for the better.

I struggle with certain aspects of my partner's lifestyle.
I want only the best and sometimes I only make it worse,with my lack of tact.

I don't see it as lack of tact though. I'm just passionate and in love.

Caring for one another's health and finances is not necessarily to be shared if the other is totally lacking in discipline.
Someone needs to rise above the inadequacies.

May I ask talloola, how long you have been together ?
Whats more important to me is how did it develop that you got to be in charge?

I must say typing the words in charge brings with it a sense of discomfort, but might be necessary.

Past relationships ended in the trash bin due to this very situation.

Bremusa

we had our 54th anniversary last september 27th.

Its easy to be in charge of something that the other person wants nothing to do with, as long as they
don't complaign about any aspect of that particular subject, and also the one in charge is aware of
what the other person doesn't like, and doesn't insist that they 'eat' those foods, but in my case
he likes almost everything, and so do I, and the few things that I don't like, he just doesn't get.
eg. wild duck, if he wants to go shooting and brings them home, he'll have to figure it out, cause
I won't have anything to do with them.
Hasn't happened yet, but he does go deer hunting, and I will gladly cook the liver, but don't like
venison otherwise, so we give it to the family, (the ones who like it.)
He just likes to be in the mountains, around his buddies who hunt with him, and the venison coming
home is not the focal point of the day.

This is just who we are, seems to work.

Yeah, I'm very aware of his health, and mine. He is easy to live with, I am very independent and he
doesn't interfere with that, so I have never felt trapped or controlled, ever, I can do anything I want,
which is a good feeling, I love being home body, have dogs and cats, and knowing I can do anything
I want, I don't.

I'm free within a marriage, and so is he, that brings respect and loyalty, and a great partnership.

This is a way off topic, so lets see, my resolution is - live smart, and be happy.

Bremusa

Nominee Member
Dec 29, 2012
we had our 54th anniversary last september 27th.

Its easy to be in charge of something that the other person wants nothing to do with, as long as they
don't complaign about any aspect of that particular subject, and also the one in charge is aware of
what the other person doesn't like, and doesn't insist that they 'eat' those foods, but in my case
he likes almost everything, and so do I, and the few things that I don't like, he just doesn't get.
eg. wild duck, if he wants to go shooting and brings them home, he'll have to figure it out, cause
I won't have anything to do with them.
Hasn't happened yet, but he does go deer hunting, and I will gladly cook the liver, but don't like
venison otherwise, so we give it to the family, (the ones who like it.)
He just likes to be in the mountains, around his buddies who hunt with him, and the venison coming
home is not the focal point of the day.

This is just who we are, seems to work.

Yeah, I'm very aware of his health, and mine. He is easy to live with, I am very independent and he
doesn't interfere with that, so I have never felt trapped or controlled, ever, I can do anything I want,
which is a good feeling, I love being home body, have dogs and cats, and knowing I can do anything
I want, I don't.

I'm free within a marriage, and so is he, that brings respect and loyalty, and a great partnership.

This is a way off topic, so lets see, my resolution is - live smart, and be happy.

I've a lot to learn, or change.

Bermusa