What's your heaven going to be

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Re: RE: What's your heaven going to be

Colpy said:
DB is close. Replace his fishing rod with a Parker shotgun, his trout with grouse, add a hunting companion, and I'm there!

Might ruin DB's heaven though, running into me as he strolls to his favourite stream......:)

Colpy- make sure your hunting companion isnt Dick Cheney, or you may be finding out if there is a heaven faster than you thought...

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC

the caracal kid said:
cosmo,

have you read any of Sheldrake's work?

Checked it on the web and got totally sidetracked reading it. Kinda sitting here with my eyes spinning one each way ... going to take some processing I fear. :) Very interesting, tho! I'll have to get the book so I can curl up somewhere quiet and focus.

I have read Pirsig before, though.

Thanks!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

fuzzylogix said:
Colpy said:
DB is close. Replace his fishing rod with a Parker shotgun, his trout with grouse, add a hunting companion, and I'm there!

Might ruin DB's heaven though, running into me as he strolls to his favourite stream......:)

Colpy- make sure your hunting companion isnt Dick Cheney, or you may be finding out if there is a heaven faster than you thought...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
In my personal heaven,there are warm breezes,white sandy beaches and gently lapping tides at the shore & no other people :) Tho a pair of Samoyeds would be welcome.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Oh well, sometimes I'm in Haven, sometimes in Hell. Travel time is amazingly fast either way though.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
CAD said:
If it was said, "L'enfer, c'est les autres," perhaps heaven is the most selfish place of all. :twisted:

Perhaps it is but we are commanded to be selfish both for good and for bad.
When we give to others it's not thier pain or need we address but our own. :)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
missile said:
In my personal heaven,there are warm breezes,white sandy beaches and gently lapping tides at the shore & no other people :) Tho a pair of Samoyeds would be welcome.

That's a beautiful scene and one that I incorporate in my heaven (less the dogs) in my little story there is a brook and it runs to this primal beach you have described. The infinite beach scene is a very old feature of human heavens. A new adventure arround every point, and endless quest of beach combing.
What does it smell like? What does it sound like? :)

CAD

May 14, 2006
the lowest 48
www.xmere.com
darkbeaver said:
Perhaps it is but we are commanded to be selfish both for good and for bad.
When we give to others it's not thier pain or need we address but our own. :)
We are 'commanded' but ten things, supposedly. Most of the directives that follow tend to be rather ambiguous. Selfishness is, itself, a highly intellectualized and ritualized form of instinct; we have come to behave selfishly for wants rather than needs. Whether these acts are 'good' or 'bad' may not be material to this discussion. That decision stems from whether you regard a heaven as a form of reward or an entitlement to those who have been predominantly 'good.' Some would say that to be selfish is to be good to oneself.

I do not personally believe in some occult or esoteric transference of anything so vague as a "soul." If there is life to our electrochemical essence, after death, it's nice to believe that it will be freed from its corporeal bonds, from the limitations of time and space, and that I can finally get off this frightened and unhappy planet for a while. It's why I've never believed in ghosts, too. I've said to people who asked me, "If you were able to roam the entire universe, then why would you stay here!?"

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RE: What's your heaven go

So Cad you would leave this planet and wander. What would you be looking for? What setting would you chose to be in if your electrochemical essence were free of the flesh and bone. The bio-electrochemical essence is the real you IMO.
My thoughts of heaven are entirely built from earthly experiance, I haven't had any other source. I don't see heaven as a reward for following dogma but I do see it as an atainment of awareness. I definately could be wrong, but all I have to do is study and wait. :)

skinzer

Jun 14, 2006
Ottawa
I don't know what's going to be. I'm focussing on now and the future to a certain extent, I'm not afraid of dying. My 2 cents.