What's Trump Done Now?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
You guys are funny.

LOOTING IS A CRIME! Looting has always been a crime!

The status of looting has never changed - thus there can be no confusion about the status of those who loot!

You Avro are insane!

Your status as a crazy person is WELL KNOWN and your mental state has been consistent for many years!

As an insane person you cannot be convicted of a crime!

So - Why not go out and loot some stuff?

It is NOT illegal for you!

But of course you MAY GET SHOT!

Because shooting looters is standard response to such criminal acts!

The socially sanctioned act of shooting of looters HAS NOT CHANGED in many centuries

And if you do engage in looting - and if you happen to get shot then no doubt you will cry that the shooting was illegal!

Simply because you are a crazy person and consider yourself ABOVE THE LAW!

LIE-beral logic is NO LOGIC AT ALL!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
It appears that the police may have started the riots to discredit the protestors.
It has been my experience that the police start every riot I have ever witnessed since the 60s. I doubt that this one is any different.
Prog shit.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Did he actually mean when there is looting there may also be shooting in twitter speak?
Yes. and is now trying to clean it up. Twitter identified it as inciting violence.... which is true. Good for Twitter. Finally they are monitoring content the way they should. There are rules that apply to everyone........on social media.....just like their are rules for conduct on forums like this. Freedom of speach does not mean you can say any thing you want. It means you are responsible for your speach. That is civility. They have let him get away with far too much and that is why he thinks the rules don't apply to him. He is an over gown child used to having his bullying way.......

It is time to push back. the role of POTUS is not God. and even if it were....... then god needs to be held in check too. The US collective psyche is actually quite dysfunctional. Their excessive hero worship is to a pathological degree.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
You'll have to ask Twin Moose.
He's the crazy fat kid whisperer.

He was joking, it's not what he meant, he's trolling to own the Libs.....I've heard them all.

He could say something like....oh I don't know....this.

....wait for it

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
'Trump knows nothing of Minneapolis': mayor hits back at president's tweets

• President called Jacob Frey a ‘very weak radical left mayor’
  • Frey: ‘Weakness is pointing your finger at somebody else’
The mayor of Minneapolis has accused Donald Trump of shirking responsibility and chided the president for insulting him on social media at a time of crisis in his city and the country.
Protests have erupted across the country over the killing of George Floyd, a black man, by a white police officer in Minneapolis, that was captured on cellphone video. The city has seen large-scale demonstrations and unrest, as protesters call for the officer who knelt on Floyd’s neck and the three officers who were there during the incident to be criminally prosecuted. Protests, some marred by violence, have also broken out elsewhere in the US.
But, tweeting about an hour after midnight in Washington, Trump launched a Twitter attack on Minneapolis’s mayor, Jacob Frey.
The president wrote: “I can’t stand back and watch this happen to a great American City, Minneapolis. A total lack of leadership. Either the very weak Radical Left Mayor, Jacob Frey, get his act together and bring the City under control, or I will send in the National Guard & get the job done right.”
In a second tweet, Trump wrote: “These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen … Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!”
Twitter has since hidden the second tweet behind a warning that it violated “Twitter rules about glorifying violence”, fanning the president’s anger toward the social media company.
Frey responded to the attack when a reporter read aloud Trump’s tweets directed at him and the protests. “Let me say this: weakness is refusing to take responsibility for your own actions. Weakness is pointing your finger at somebody else at a time of crisis,” Frey said.

More: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...y-donald-trump-minneapolis-mayor-tweets-riots

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Yes. and is now trying to clean it up. Twitter identified it as inciting violence.... which is true. Good for Twitter. Finally they are monitoring content the way they should. There are rules that apply to everyone........on social media.....just like their are rules for conduct on forums like this. Freedom of speach does not mean you can say any thing you want. It means you are responsible for your speach. That is civility. They have let him get away with far too much and that is why he thinks the rules don't apply to him. He is an over gown child used to having his bullying way.......
It is time to push back. the role of POTUS is not God. and even if it were....... then god needs to be held in check too. The US collective psyche is actually quite dysfunctional. Their excessive hero worship is to a pathological degree.

Oh he's trying to walk it back now as well, and just a few moments ago I heard him respond to someone (reporter?) that he actually does not know the origins (or oranges in Trump speak) of the phrase. Okay Trump, whatever you say....

The walk back:

The denial:

"He’s faced criticism throughout the day for a late-night tweet about looting that Twitter appended a warning to, saying it violating its rules against glorifying violence. “Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!” the President said on Twitter.

During Friday’s roundtable event, Trump denied knowing the origins of the phrase “when the looting starts, the shooting starts” saying he has heard the phrase “for a long time” and that he doesn’t know where it came from or where it originated."

When a reporter noted it was said by the Miami police chief in 1967, Trump said he “has also heard from many other places.”

https://ktvz.com/politics/2020/05/29/trump-says-hes-spoken-to-george-floyds-family/

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
He doesn’t know the oranges....but he’s the smartest man alive isn’t he?

What a pile of BS.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Oh he's trying to walk it back now as well, and just a few moments ago I heard him respond to someone (reporter?) that he actually does not know the origins (or oranges in Trump speak) of the phrase. Okay Trump, whatever you say....

The walk back:

The denial:

"He’s faced criticism throughout the day for a late-night tweet about looting that Twitter appended a warning to, saying it violating its rules against glorifying violence. “Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!” the President said on Twitter.

During Friday’s roundtable event, Trump denied knowing the origins of the phrase “when the looting starts, the shooting starts” saying he has heard the phrase “for a long time” and that he doesn’t know where it came from or where it originated."

When a reporter noted it was said by the Miami police chief in 1967, Trump said he “has also heard from many other places.”

https://ktvz.com/politics/2020/05/29/trump-says-hes-spoken-to-george-floyds-family/
Great post.

There are several crisis in the US now...... and NO LEADERSHIP....... He is just not equipped for the job. He has incited violence and racism with his prejudicial comments.

His walking back is not working. It is too late. too much damage done now. I am so thrilled that Twitter is calling him on his c rap./lies, and racism. Should have been doing it sooner. If he cannot remember where that phrase came from.......where did he get it from??

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
He doesn’t know the oranges....but he’s the smartest man alive isn’t he?

What a pile of BS.
Of course it is. He has NO C EDIBILITY left. His supporters are like minded .They are simple folks who think in binary terms.
His country is burning and he is talking about Hong Kong. And getting out of WHO.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Of course it is. He has NO C EDIBILITY left. His supporters are like minded .They are simple folks who think in binary terms.
His country is burning and he is talking about Hong Kong. And getting out of WHO.

Poor foolish Ocean Kreskin\HOID \blowhard Breezy! She has no logic and no connection to reality!

In her madness she is attempting to turn Canada into the Excited States of America!

Here is an article illustrating how badly LIE-berals are willing to BEND THE TRUTH in their efforts to paint us all as “racists” and “white supremacists” and “Islamphobes”! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Ontario's 'racialized law' debate is based on bad research.
The study based its conclusions on the responses of 3,237 self-selected lawyers and paralegals. The other 40,000 chose not to participate.

(In other words- our LIE-beral overlords - always obsessed with irrational thoughts of “white privilege” heard from a bunch of defense lawyers who make a NICE LIVING telling LIE-beral hug a thug judges that their criminal clients should be excused all of their vile crimes because of their “sad childhood” experiences! And LIE-berals seriously expect us to humbly accept the verdict of these BIGOTS!!!!)

By Marni Soupcoff, National Post.

Published: February 28, 2019. 7:04 PM EST

Filed under: Comment

Lawyers. Is there any other profession with such an exaggerated sense of its own value and significance? Whenever I hear something new about the statement of principles that the Law Society of Ontario (LSO) is imposing on all legal professionals in the province — mandating lawyers and paralegals to draft a statement about how much they personally value inclusivity, diversity and equality — I think of a joke I once read. Question: What’s the difference between a lawyer and God? Answer: God doesn’t think he’s a lawyer.

OK, the joke is not — technically — phrased in a logical way, but it’s still funny because, like the LSO, the legal profession does seem to think of itself as being able to do and understand all things. And the reason I felt compelled to mention that the joke is technically misstated, even though this is unimportant to my overall point, is because I’m trained as a lawyer.

(The legal profession is sadly fractured just like our politicians- into warring groups!!! The lawyer vetting the purchase of your house cannot be compared to the legal SWINE HIDING in a courthouse bathroom in order to delay a trial until some other day- when prosecution witnesses are NOT AVAILABLE to contradict the web of lies and excuses spun by a defendant!!)

(This defense lawyer deceitful manipulation of our legal system - designed only to minimize honest testimony against criminals and thus reduce their responsibility for criminal behaviour is responsible for much of the stalling and delaying of our courts!)

(An accused who does not have legal council cannot be tried till his lawyer appears and so unscrupulous lawyers routinely HIDE themselves in hope judges will grow exasperated and do a plea deal in order to end the legal CHARADE and clear the over loaded docket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(From personal experience I can state that in such deals- done after the judge despairs of getting both defense lawyers and witnesses into court at the same time- will produce ABSURD TRAVESTIES of justice such that car thieves caught red- handed hammering on automobile steering column while trying to hot wire the car will DENY ever having been in the car and will claim all is mistaken identity! There is NO NONSENSE EXCUSE that is beyond the shame of defense lawyers and their clients!!!!)

(Such a thief will even claim the car owner attacked HIM with a knife as he passed by on the sidewalk- and with NO WITNESS available to contradict the B. S. The judge will be more lenient with what appear to be LESSER CRIMES! It is all part of the LIE-beral vote buying service!!!!!!!!!!)

The legal profession does seem to think of itself as being able to do and understand all things

Of course, the reality is that lawyers are flawed human beings, the latest evidence coming in an expert report prepared by Prof. Rod Clifton for the Canadian Constitution Foundation (CCF) in its constitutional challenge of the LSO statement of principles, which CCF considers forced speech.

(Well yes! LIE-berals ENJOY FORCING us to say things! For instance- Professor Jordan Peterson has become famous for refusing to be FORCED to use obscure pronouns such as “ZHE” that are preferred by a very small minority of transgender persons! The controversy over ZHE is so absurd it reminds me of the introduction made by the club manager in the old movie “Kinky Boots”!)

(The club was the hangout of a wild array of alternative genders so the host would come on stage and offer this greeting to his audience: “good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and those of you who have yet to make up your minds”!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Such is the LIE-beral legal insanity regarding genders and free speech! Clinical Psychologist and senior U of T professor Peterson has identified over 85 different and very obscure gender pronouns that an average person simply cannot use properly as trans gender people desire- without first doing a whole lot of digging into personal sexual practices and preferences! Yet LIE-berals have made ILLEGAL not to use these obscure pronouns when required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(LIE-berals have been so callous of our free speech that we can now be jailed for pointing to a student in a LARGE LECTURE HALL with hundreds of students- too many to recall all the names - and saying “you in the red shirt’ WITHOUT using the pronoun “ZHE” in the address to the student!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

As a lawyer, I will disclose here that I am a former executive director of the CCF, so infer any bias you care to. As a writer, I will at last get to the point: Dr. Clifton found that the foundational research on which the LSO based the mandatory statement of principles is extremely flawed.

That is a significant piece of news because without its finding that there is systemic racism in the legal profession in Ontario, the LSO would not have instituted the compelled speech requirement.

(It is LIE-berals seeking votes and criminals looking for ways to avoid prosecution and special interest groups seeking govt funding for selfish pet projects who are all convinced we are “systemic racists”! The LIE-beral”evidence is CLEARLY FLAWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

So, what do I mean that research on which LSO relied is extremely flawed? Dr. Clifton — a sociologist who has taught social research methodology courses for almost 40 years — offers around 20 pages detailing the serious problems. You can read his full report on the CCF website.

The condensed, column-length version is that there are four main deficiencies in the study — which was designed and conducted by Strategic Communications Inc. at the request of the LSO’s Working Group on Challenges Faced by Racialized Licensees and the LSO’s Equity Initiative Department.

(In other words the people sponsoring the research EXPECTED to find racism and are prepared to USE DISTORTED AND FAKE EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

There are four main deficiencies in the study

It turns out the first fault marring the research is the sort of error one learns about in Research Methodology 101: confirmation bias. Focus group participants, survey respondents, and key “informants” - people whose answers were used to reach the study’s ultimate conclusions -were presented with questions that made repeated statements about the effects of racialization on the success of lawyers and paralegals.

Being exposed to these statements so many times made the study participants more likely to confirm the statements. The repetitive construction of the questions unduly shaped the responses.

The repetitive construction of the questions unduly shaped the responses

(And of course IF systemic racism was operating then clearly there WOULD be influence on peoples careers! But DOES systemic racism exist in Canada? The available evidence is CLEARLY tainted by LIE-beral BIAS!! LIE-berals WANT TO FIND RACISM for their own selfish reasons- and so they FOUND what they sought by DISHONEST RESEARCH METHODS!!!!!!!!)

That’s likely of lesser concern than the second problem, which is that in all these surveys and conversations and focus groups, it’s entirely possible that no one knew what they were talking about. Or at the very least, no one trying to interpret the results can be sure of what the respondents were talking about. The term “racialized” is new, confusing and imprecise, and not even the authors of the study could decide what it meant, telling survey respondents that the term “is either or both an imposed or chosen self-identity” - respondent’s choice!

That means that it’s not even possible to know what the study was measuring. In effect, any lawyer or paralegal of any colour or origin could be accurately classified as “racialized” … and also as “non-racialized”; it just depends how that lawyer or paralegal feels.

(IN a society that condemns “white privilege” am I NOT RACIALIZED since LIE-berals think I have “UNDESERVED privileges”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(And by simply “inviting” volunteers to participate- it seems logical that those who spoke up would be the radical ones with a biased axe to grind!!!!!!!!!!!)

But there is a special place in research methodology hell for the third issue with the report: the sample was not representative of the population about which conclusions were made. To have obtained meaningful results about Ontario lawyers and paralegals, it would have been necessary to hear from some sort of random sample of these people. Instead, the study based its survey conclusions on the responses of 3,237 self-selected lawyers and paralegals. The rest of the over 40,000 chose not to participate.

(One has to wonder if some lawyers refused to be involved for fear of being censured by LIE-beral hug a thug judges! In the midst of a LIE-beral witch hunt- those who hold strong anti LIE-beral opinions are at risk!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The fourth identified problem with the study is the absence of control variables, which makes it impossible to accurately assess cause and effect. Other than that, truly great work, LSO.

(LIE-berals of course SCORN control variables because such stuff makes it HARDER for LIE-berals to justify their SELFISH conclusions!!!!!!!!!!!!)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Breaking precedent, White House won’t release formal economic projections this summer that would forecast extent of downturn.
I bet, but it’s just a hunch, the news is very bad.
Cowards.
Canada was already recession bound in October, I doubt the US was more than 6 months behind.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
REVOKE 230!

-DJT

Without Section 230, Twitter would likely shut down @realDonaldTrump over liability concerns. Read the law dumbass.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
....good practice.” As you saw last night, they were very cool & very professional. Never let it get out of hand. Thank you! On the bad side, the D.C. Mayor, @MurielBowser, who is always looking for money & help, wouldn’t let the D.C. Police get involved. “Not their job.” Nice!

-DJT via Twitter

The US Secret Service confirms DC police were on the scene despite the president’s false claim.

I’ll assume he will apologize like a man.