What to do about global warming

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Do you know of a way to burn coal cleanly and cheap with a very small carbon footprint? If so you could become a very rich person.

Do you know a way to make your home independant from the grid?

I do.....and I don't have to burn a damn thing.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Not happy, but it was started long before my time and continues to this day. Appalachia needed the coal industry back in the twenties, still does today. It is not right, but in this energy starved world (only the beginning, but still running out of resources) we need coal and they need jobs. Don't like the dirt and pollution associated with it move. Either man or machines will continue to dig till stopped.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Not happy, but it was started long before my time and continues to this day. Appalachia needed the coal industry back in the twenties, still does today. It is not right, but in this energy starved world (only the beginning, but still running out of resources) we need coal and they need jobs. Don't like the dirt and pollution associated with it move. Either man or machines will continue to dig till stopped.

Wow!

Let them destroy your community and move on.

Great attitude.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
It is not right, but in this energy starved world (only the beginning, but still running out of resources) we need coal and they need jobs.

The amount of energy from the sun that hits the surface of the earth is about 20,000 times the amount of energy consumed by humans. Think of how many people you could employ building manufacturing and infrastructure that harnesses energy from our energy
nourished planet.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
What to do about Our Warming World?... Care about your surrounding Environment ..Respect that which we all live In/On..That which surrounds and effects us all...

Find Answers/Solutions through Innovation/Incentives/Invention/Anyway Possible...

Green/Clean Tech is a Possible/Positive way to Ensure Sustainability/Prosperity Now and Forever Forward into The Future...

Peter H. Gleick: 2010 Hottest Year on Record: The Graph That Should Be on the Front Page of Every Newspaper - As The Climate Continues to Change. The Trend is Warming ...

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The amount of energy from the sun that hits the surface of the earth is about 20,000 times the amount of energy consumed by humans. Think of how many people you could employ building manufacturing and infrastructure that harnesses energy from our energy [/FONT]nourished planet.
Yes great point about the sun.
But until those technologies are readily available should we all just stop living.
Perhaps if you spent more time looking for a way to harness that energy cheaply and efficently ,instead of asking me to starve I might take you more seriously.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Yes great point about the sun.
But until those technologies are readily available should we all just stop living.

You can buy it right now.

Perhaps if you spent more time looking for a way to harness that energy cheaply and efficently ,instead of asking me to starve I might take you more seriously.
Strawman, nobody is asking you to starve. And you don't eat electricity do you?? And if you're so worried about efficiency, I assume you must have audited your home? How efficient is your energy consumption right now??

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Strawman, nobody is asking you to starve. And you don't eat electricity do you?? And if you're so worried about efficiency, I assume you must have audited your home? How efficient is your energy consumption right now??
I am not worried about my homes efficiency I am worried about being Taxed Enough Already.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
The amount of energy from the sun that hits the surface of the earth is about 20,000 times the amount of energy consumed by humans. Think of how many people you could employ building manufacturing and infrastructure that harnesses energy from our energy [/FONT]nourished planet.

Little bit easier that trying to harness the energy produced by a hurricane. Solar power would be great, need lots of room for collectors as well a totally new national power grid, That doesn't seem to be that way were heading at the moment.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Actually without electricity you can't eat. Without electricity coursing through the body you are dead. The human body can do nothing without its bioelectrics. What is the function of eating if not filling the battery? And what is the most efficient natural method of power storage? Electrical tension?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Climate change to spur crop shortages by 2020: study - CTV News

There are solutions - Now's the time to act to ensure a sustainable future..

By 2020 and beyond as we are set to warm for the next 1000 years minimum if we cut emmissions of CO2 now....if not?

Welcome to the new earth, brought to you by dirty energy and small minded can'tservatism.