What to do about global warming

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Action.

Tax breaks are akin to cash.
Not when you have to show x number of metres per day per x amount of cash and guarantee x amount of man hours so labour can make EI and you still have to put up the cash long before you'll see any benefits (if any) at tax time.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Not when you have to show x number of metres per day per x amount of cash and guarantee x amount of man hours so labour can make EI and you still have to put up the cash long before you'll see any benefits (if any) at tax time.

Not true at all.

Fuk That - I installed AC - Dammed if I am going to sweat to death.

What's wrong with AC?

How it's powered is the problem.

I use geothermal tech to cool my home with the aid of solar panels to run the pump and fan.

Very efficient.

My cottage runs in a similar manner.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Avro still hasn't figured-out that these subsidies are based entirely on risking capital in advance and the tax incentive is measured against revenues from those operations... But this is no different for many industrial sectors excepting wind and solar power that receive grants in addition to subsidies in order to artificially support their industry.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Avro still hasn't figured-out that these subsidies are based entirely on risking capital in advance and the tax incentive is measured against revenues from those operations... But this is no different for many industrial sectors excepting wind and solar power that receive grants in addition to subsidies in order to artificially support their industry.

Very similar to the tar sands when oil was cheap.

If you want to summise that the green energy movment has a vested interest here I won't argue.

It's called capitlaism....something petros despises....well...depending on who is profitting from it that is.

All of that dosen't change the science of AGW.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Very similar to the tar sands when oil was cheap.

If you want to summise that the green energy movment has a vested interest here I won't argue.

It's called capitlaism....something petros despises....well...depending on who is profitting from it that is.

Good points.

All of that dosen't change the science of AGW.

It's still a farce

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
IPCC (retractions)

:lol:

How many in the 3000 page report?

2....wow...totally debunked.:lol:

That's what real scientists do when they get anything wrong, try and get that from Mocnkton or Gore.

Like getting blood from a stone.;-)

Sometimes someone has some dignity in the face of actual facts though.:lol:

Is the science of the origin of species perfect?

No, but the general idea is true....yet the creationists fight it to keep those plates topped up.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
:lol:

How many in the 3000 page report?

2....wow...totally debunked.

The only thing that is debunked here is the UN/IPCC. The 2 we've spoken of doesn't include the irresponsible predictions and allegations of causation of other/many issues (ie Netherlands losing land due to GW consequences).

Really Avro, the 2 retractions that you believe are somehow support for your failing position are only the tip of the iceberg.

That's what real scientists do when they get anything wrong, try and get that from Mocnkton or Gore.

Real scientists ensure that they don't base their theories on a bevy of inaccuracies.

Is the science of the origin of species perfect?

No one is attempting to tax evolution now, are they?

No, but the general idea is true....yet the creationists fight it to keep those plates topped up.

Funny comment, that's exactly what I think about you Truthers.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nice, but what does that do about 500 Mt salts added to farm land annually which is increased even further by tilling and irrigation which all wash into the ocean modifying pH?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Can't be done, the only future is coal and oil.

I know. That's why you are stuck believing CO2 is the problem and that taxing it will save the planet.

I'm going to start sniffing glue because I'd like to be deluded as well.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I know. That's why you are stuck believing CO2 is the problem and that taxing it will save the planet.

No, because you jump pages without notice. Why would a more efficient solar panel mean 500 Mt of salts added to farmland? We're not on risperidol like you are. Slow down and include context, or go out and yell at the planes crossing your skies.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No, because you jump pages without notice.
Bummer. What do solar panels have to do with falsly monetizing a gas and restricting growth for the 85% of the planet who are subsistance farmers. Do you know what those people do at night instead of sitting around a lit room with a TV on? They sleep.