What the Hell is Going on in London?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
actually, your idea has merit. Lots of merit. Not sure how the medically challenged will fair. , but they can probably stuff envelopes as well as anyone.

can you manage to post an entry without attacking the poster. ??

I have no problem whatsoever supporting those who are handicapped....or even those that are simply having a hard year........

But there are 600,000 youth 25 or younger, in Great Britain NOT in school, that have never worked a day in their lives....
my wager is that they are the ones on the street looting.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
The wonder of 12 hour shifts.........4 days on four off.........actually, five on 3 off this week, OT ya know.

I think a 60 hour week classifies as working.

Sure........IF you have a JOB. ....ya know.....the place folks go to do a certain task and get paid for it.

I have no problem whatsoever supporting those who are handicapped....or even those that are simply having a hard year........

But there are 600,000 youth 25 or younger, in Great Britain NOT in school, that have never worked a day in their lives....

that begs the question of HOW MANY REAL JOBS ARE AVAILABLE to the youth there?? Either college educated or not??

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The wonder of 12 hour shifts.........4 days on four off.........actually, five on 3 off this week, OT ya know.

I think a 60 hour week classifies as working.

It's no wonder you're bitter as hell.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Here are pictures of some of the hooligans and thugs

Flickr: Metropolitan Police's Photostream

Sure........IF you have a JOB. ....ya know.....the place folks go to do a certain task and get paid for it.

that begs the question of HOW MANY REAL JOBS ARE AVAILABLE to the youth there?? Either college educated or not??

Speaking of jobs ... I recently heard that in the US, people can be on employment insurance for 99 weeks. That's an awful lot of incentive to not do much about finding a job.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
How do these economically disadvantaged youth have blackberry's to organize their mayhem? Times must be really though.

In reality, these punks are the exact same kind that showed up at the Toronto G20 and the Canucks Cup Final, they're deadbeat losers and they need to experience some brutality.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
the 17 zillion bucks that are owed is largely due to the fact that 1.5 million of them live without employment........and yes, they get a roof over their heads, food in their belly, and free health care.

But gee, the state has failed to buy them each a flat screen TV, so a-looting they will go........

This is what happens when you create a state of entitlement.
Nobody owes them. They have been stuck with $4Quadrillion in debt just like you and I have. When are you going to come up with your share so you can bitch freel or are you going to take it up the ass?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Nobody owes them. They have been stuck with $4Quadrillion in debt just like you and I have. When are you going to come up with your share so you can bitch freel or are you going to take it up the ass?

LOL....

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

It does beg the question.....

but if there are no jobs.....what more can one expect from an idle life more than simply food, shelter, and health care????

Simply put, the very idea that these riots are due to some social injustice is a farce.

The problem is that if you take responsibility for people, they never take it for themselves.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
...How do these economically disadvantaged youth have blackberry's to organize they're mayhem? Times must be really though.

Oh , they ARE. These people have their own priorities. and probably eat less than most, have dismall squallor living conditons...but choose to spend what they have on hi tech mobiles.

who knows........but to make any assumptions about them ....

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need, eh Petros????

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
How do these economically disadvantaged youth have blackberry's to organize their mayhem? Times must be really though.

In reality, these punks are the exact same kind that showed up at the Toronto G20 and the Canucks Cup Final, they're deadbeat losers and they need to experience some brutality.

Your cheek looks like swiss cheese.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
It does beg the question.....

but if there are no jobs.....what more can one expect from an idle life more than simply food, shelter, and health care????

Simply put, the very idea that these riots are due to some social injustice is a farce.

The problem is that if you take responsibility for people, they never take it for themselves.

valid point. That is why "assistance" should be given on a very conditional basis. When unemployed, they must make their "job"......looking for a job and provide evidence of same.

agree , there are no free lunches.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I bet if they are bored at having "nothing to do", there's lots of garbage along the roads they could be picking up. If I was the judge they soon will be! :lol:

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
I said the materialist will not accept the explanation: that God Himself punishes people by many ways: one of such ways is the conflicts, wars and fighting.

Such punishment is directed towards the idolaters, atheists and enthusiastic about the prophets and saints.

This punishment will include the monotheists and righteous people: in case they do not reject the idolatry and blasphemy and the wrong-doing of people --> so in such case these will be included in the punishment which will be general and not confined to disbelievers alone.

But in case the believers and the exclusive devotees to God alone; if these forbid the wrong-doing and the blasphemy and the association of patrons with God --> then they may be saved and not included in the punishment.

A tyrant may be set on people to oppress them, and the unjustice and mess will be some kind of punishment.

Of course, the materialist who do not believe in God, and who do not believe in God alone without any patron or son --> such will not believe in the decree of God Almighty.

I explained this before, but most of them do not understand or do not want to understand.

So if you don't believe in the Quran, then refer to your Torah and Gospel.
Refer to the chapter 26 in the Book of Levites or Priests.
Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible, Book Of Leviticus Chapter 26

And in the Quran 2: 235
تِلْكَ الرُّسُلُ فَضَّلْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَى بَعْضٍ مِّنْهُم مَّن كَلَّمَ اللّهُ وَرَفَعَ بَعْضَهُمْ دَرَجَاتٍ وَآتَيْنَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ الْبَيِّنَاتِ وَأَيَّدْنَاهُ بِرُوحِ الْقُدُسِ وَلَوْ شَاء اللّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلَ الَّذِينَ مِن بَعْدِهِم مِّن بَعْدِ مَا جَاءتْهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ وَلَكِنِ اخْتَلَفُواْ فَمِنْهُم مَّنْ آمَنَ وَمِنْهُم مَّن كَفَرَ وَلَوْ شَاء اللّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلُواْ وَلَكِنَّ اللّهَ يَفْعَلُ مَا يُرِيدُ

The explanation:
(These [tales of the] apostles [: messengers, We relate to you, Mohammed; of whom] did We prefer some above others [by specifying him with special criteria.]
Among them was [Moses] to whom God spoke [in the valley of Sinai],
and another one [: Idries: Elia] We raised [to certain high] degrees [of honor],
and We gave to Jesus, the son of Mary, the manifest [miraculous] signs and We aided him by [Gabriel:] the Holy Spirit.

Had God willed, then the [people] after these [apostles] would not have fought with each other, even after manifest signs [of revelation] had come to them [included in the heavenly scriptures.]

But they varied: some [steadfastly] believed and others disbelieved.
Had God willed, then they would not have fought each other, but God does whatever He wills.)

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
From each according to his ability, to each according to his need, eh Petros????

Who created the $4Quadrillion in debt these kids have to carry for the rest of their lives?

They aren't so partisan that they can that they are being screwed out of a future.

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
What, do you really see a difference between these thugs lootings and the thugs at G20 looting and setting things on fire?

I'm sure there is a mix of hooligans who just wanted to riot for riot's sake. But I also believe the motivating catalyst for the very first riot in Tottenham was the shooting incident coupled with law enforcement's target market.

Adjust that from "need" to "contribution" and you might have a feasible mantra.