What Are You Watching Right Now?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

some re runs get better with age

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Antiques Road Show. The British version features the occasional Roman artifact. Every episode of the American version has a gun ... or three ...

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
'Storm Chasers' star Joel Taylor dead at 38
WENN - World Entertainment News Network
More from WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Published:
January 24, 2018
Updated:
January 24, 2018 4:16 PM EST
TV star Joel Taylor has died, aged 38.
It’s not yet know how Joel, who fronted Discovery Channel’s Storm Chasers with a team of other chasers, passed away, but his friend and co-star Reed Timmer broke the news on Twitter on Wednesday morning.
“RIP my best friend and storm chasing partner, Joel Taylor. I am shocked and absolutely devastated by the loss of my incredible, caring friend. We chased so many intense storms, and I wish we could have just one more storm chase. I’ll miss you forever, Joel. We lost a legend,” he captioned multiple images of Joel.
The extreme weather show followed several teams of storm chasers as they attempted to intercept tornadoes in Tornado Alley in the United States. It ran for five seasons but was cancelled in 2012.
‘Storm Chasers’ star Joel Taylor dead at 38 | Toronto Sun

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Peter Kay's Car Share

This car-set British sitcom stars Bolton comedian Peter Kay and Sian Gibson. Kay plays supermarket assistant manager John Redmond and Gibson his colleague, promotions rep Kayleigh Kitson, who are participating in a company car sharing scheme. Each episode is almost entitrely set in the car. The first half of each episode shows John picking up Kayleigh from her home in his Fiat 500L and the pair having conversations about each other's lives as they arrive at work. The second half of the episode sees the pair on the car journey home and they discuss what they did at work.

The series was filmed around Greater Manchester, most notable Kay's native Bolton (including some areas in my very neighbourhood), Manchester, Trafford and Salford.

Series 2, Episode 1

After moving in with her sister, Kayleigh is now travelling to work on her own but cannot resist temptation and repeatedly calls John. Eventually, John secretly gives Kayleigh the directions to his car and the pair are reunited. Road rage leads to a video of John verbally abusing and threatening a cyclist going viral, much to the amusement of Kayleigh.

Series 2, Episode 3

In this episode Kayleigh has had enough of work and fancies a day off, but John isn't having any of it - until she persuades him to drive them to Seaview Safari Park...

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Top Gear: Romania Special

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May take an Aston DBS Volante, a Ferrari California and a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder to Romania in search of an obscure stretch of tarmac that some hardcore drivers claim is nothing less than the greatest road in the world.

On the trip, they get to drive in tunnels under the Romanian parliament building, the world's largest and heaviest building, and May sees his beloved new Dacia Sandero damaged by a truck.

Top Gear: Romania Special - Video Dailymotion