What Are You Having For Dinner?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
My girls always loved my lasagna. I'd brown a couple of pounds of lean ground beef with a cup of diced onions. Then I'd drain the grease off the browned beef and throw in a can of diced tomato's , a small can of tomato paste, small can of tomato sauce, some diced garlic and some chopped fresh basil. A little pepper too. While I let the meat sauce simmer for a little while, I'd cook the lasagna noodles and make the cheese mix. The cheese mix is a large carton of cottage cheese, one egg, some fresh chopped parsley and about a half cup parmesan cheese. When the noodles are ready, I put two layers on the bottom of a good size lasagna pan. On top of that, I put an even layer of the cheese mix. Then, an even layer of grated mozzarella cheese. Then on top of that, half of the meat sauce. I repeat another two layers of the noodles, then repeat the Cheese mix, mozzarella and meat sauce. I sprinkle about half a cup or so of parmesan to finish it off. Then I throw it into a 375 degree oven for about thirty five minutes. Take it out to cool a spell,,and put the pilsbury bread sticks in the oven to bake. Usually have a nice salad and some cranberry/pomegranate drink with it.My kids loved the stuff. so do I.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
We just had marinaded chicken breasts on the BBQ. Also guacamole with homemade tortilla chips for which I make a special blend of chilli powder, garlic powder and salt for a topping. Needed something else, still a bit hungry.

I think I better have pi for dessert.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
More beer. I have to curl in 15 minutes and I don't know how I'm going to handle the ice. Gawd it's slippery

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
i sauteed, green beans, onions, bits of coleslaw, a yellow pepper and right before serving, a cut up
tomatoe, with olive oil, garlic, some butter, and while that was cooking, i made a small pot of
pasta, drained that, added a bit of butter and parm cheese, added it to sauteed veggies, mixed
gently, and served, yummmm.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
breaded chicken breasts

half cup flour, half teaspoon black pepper,
half cup bread crumbs
quarter cup vegetable oil, one teaspoon butter,
One egg beaten in quarter cup milk
two boneless,skinless, half chicken breasts. Pound out to half inch thickness, dredge in flour and pepper,
Dip in milk and egg mixture
Then in bread crumbs,
Brown over medium heat on both sides until meat is firm and evenly browned on both sides

Serve with a nice salad and French bread.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
i buy those big thick boneless rib steaks at costco, then we have one at a time, cut almost in half,

a bigger one for him, freeze the others for another day.

mashed potatoes, sauteed yellow pepper,cArrots,spinach, with garlic, barbecqued steak, and serve.