What are you eating right now?

smallandmighty

Nominee Member
May 12, 2013
108 Mile Ranch BC
We do not snack much in this house, rarely go out to dinner unless we are on holidays on Harley. But we bought a motorhome, and going to travel further into the USA, trailer bike behind in a trailer, and eat our own phone, no huge portions,,lol, those Americans know how to serive up food I can tell you, you certainly get your money's worth, we had to start sharing meals, they are so big.
But back to topic, if we snack it is home made. All that restaurant food, fast food, cardboard food is not good for you, the health and look of most people today is proof of that. I think it has a lot to do with most being less active.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
We do not snack much in this house, rarely go out to dinner unless we are on holidays on Harley. But we bought a motorhome, and going to travel further into the USA, trailer bike behind in a trailer, and eat our own phone, no huge portions,,lol, those Americans know how to serive up food I can tell you, you certainly get your money's worth, we had to start sharing meals, they are so big.
But back to topic, if we snack it is home made. All that restaurant food, fast food, cardboard food is not good for you, the health and look of most people today is proof of that. I think it has a lot to do with most being less active.
yeah, we did a fast food lunch today...we split a hamburger and fries, it was more than enough... he ate more than me and I was not hungry until dinner...technically we should eat every 2.5 to three hours...it's the massive quantities that are bad...France eats foods that are higher in fat content than us and they are a leaner nation... we are eating double what we were 20 years ago and it is killing people. If I eat out at lunch I am bringing half home for dinner. We need way less food as we age.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
yeah, we did a fast food lunch today...we split a hamburger and fries, it was more than enough... he ate more than me and I was not hungry until dinner...technically we should eat every 2.5 to three hours...it's the massive quantities that are bad...France eats foods that are higher in fat content than us and they are a leaner nation... we are eating double what we were 20 years ago and it is killing people. If I eat out at lunch I am bringing half home for dinner. We need way less food as we age.

Hey Sal, I'm going to pick your brain. About 6 months ago I switched from artificial sweetner in the coffee to sugar because my sister in law told me artificial sweetners are poisoning us. Just one problem, I'm starting to gain some girth. I don't want to quit coffee and I can't stand it without some sweetning? What's to be done? -:)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Hey Sal, I'm going to pick your brain. About 6 months ago I switched from artificial sweetner in the coffee to sugar because my sister in law told me artificial sweetners are poisoning us. Just one problem, I'm starting to gain some girth. I don't want to quit coffee and I can't stand it without some sweetning? What's to be done? -:)
try stevia, it's a natural plant sweetner...it will take a bit of getting used to, but you'll get used to it like you did when you switched from sugar to sweetner...funny you mention that...I am currently in the process of switching now...I have a bowl of sweetner beside my stevia...at first I used more sweetner, slowly I am getting more into the stevia

even grocery stores are beginning to carry stevia.. but the purer the better

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't eat all the time, I'm waiting until supper!

try stevia, it's a natural plant sweetner...it will take a bit of getting used to, but you'll get used to it like you did when you switched from sugar to sweetner...funny you mention that...I am currently in the process of switching now...I have a bowl of sweetner beside my stevia...at first I used more sweetner, slowly I am getting more into the stevia

even grocery stores are beginning to carry stevia.. but the purer the better

Thank you sweetie! -:)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Tonight I baked chicken breast, and hasselback potatoes*. Super delish, I baked them about halfway, until the potatoes fanned out, and then topped both chicken and potatoes with Caesar salad dressing, and finished baking. Served with romaine salad. yum yum.

*hasselback potatoes are like potatoes ALMOST cut into potatoe chips, a google search will turn up tons of recipes and picture examples, but what I did is wash some nice long cylindrical potatoes, and lay them on a cutting board with two butter knives either side. Then, cut into 'chips', with the knives stopping you from slicing all the way through. I doused them in oil, and salt blend and started them baking, then once they had spread open, doused them in dressing. Uhm... not healthy, but good.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
popcorn...that was dinner... do it a couple of times a year...always thought it was really bad for me but apparently not

.:: Popcorn ::.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I just had a sandwich comprised of:

2 slices of non-wheat bread (mostly made of rice & in all honesty, not very tasty at all)

2 slices of beef-pork salami

lettuce

slice of onion

avocado dressing (very tasty)

washed down with a tall glass of coco water