Welcome to the new Canadian Content Forums!

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
I thought the board was gone for good so it's nice to see it up and running again, Andem deserves a thanks from every member here for working to keep this community alive. I don't think I fully appreciate the work that must go into maintaining a forum like this, and so I give my thanks. I hope new members are inspired to join considering the new digs, which are visually appealing and can draw people in. But for membership/participation to increase, moderation is something that I believe also needs attention. Fair and balanced moderation is something that makes a forum more inviting. A lack thereof can turn people off in a hurry. I know what goes into moderation on forums as I did the thankless task for some time on another forum years ago. Every mod deserves credit for the time they commit to a forum as it isn't easy putting in countless hours fielding complaints, cleaning the place up, making difficult decisions re banning, biting your tongue more often than you'd like and being an overall babysitter, for lack of a better word. That said, the moderator/s here too deserve a nod for the time they give to this forum. But moderation must be fair and evenly balanced. And moderation should not be influenced by personal opinions/feelings or by other forum members.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
@Mockingbird if the site were ever to shut down, there would be ample notice and an option to download any data you'd like, at the minimum.
Considering the time the boards were inaccessible (for me) I assumed that a server crashed on you, or something to that degree, and that the boards were simply gone. I'm happy to see that is not the case.

Reactions: Mowich and B00Mer

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Considering the time the boards were inaccessible (for me) I assumed that a server crashed on you, or something to that degree, and that the boards were simply gone. I'm happy to see that is not the case.
There are always multiple backups from a few times over the past week hosted in different geographical locations.

Reactions: Mockingbird

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
It is much nicer. I think that participation has picked up too.
I didn't see a notice on the old board of a change coming, had to find the site again when the link wouldn't work anymore....I blame Hoid.....lol

Reactions: petros

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Well done!
I like the latest post to the top feature, which is how it was before the last "upgrade" after which things went downhill from there.

Looking forward to the new normal.

Thanks Andem!

:?)

Reactions: Andem and B00Mer