Welcome to Art and Design

Night Safari

Electoral Member
Feb 16, 2008
GTA
I'll be more then willing to help with anything someone else maybe stuck on, or if you just simply want to know how to do something.
Okay Praxius, I'm ready now to ask for some help please! I've tried repeatedly to upload my work on "Photobucket." I had no problems making my account, etc. But from there I'm lost. What do I do to upload a photo from "My Pictures" file?
I tried the "Help" icon.Didn't quite comprehend what "they" meant but went ahead and tried Dbl. clicking on image.Still was not able to upload, although once I have the file name it shows that, and indicates: "Uploading,....pls. wait" but that's not actually happening!!:-?
What am I doing wrong? I'd really appreciate your help but in "baby steps" please.
Thanks in advance.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Okay Praxius, I'm ready now to ask for some help please! I've tried repeatedly to upload my work on "Photobucket." I had no problems making my account, etc. But from there I'm lost. What do I do to upload a photo from "My Pictures" file?

I tried the "Help" icon.Didn't quite comprehend what "they" meant but went ahead and tried Dbl. clicking on image.Still was not able to upload, although once I have the file name it shows that, and indicates: "Uploading,....pls. wait" but that's not actually happening!!:-?
What am I doing wrong? I'd really appreciate your help but in "baby steps" please.
Thanks in advance.

Not a problem.... I have noticed Photobucket's web site tends to change it's layout almost everytime I log onto it, so these following instructions are based on how it appears today (See above post date)

#1 - I would suggest that you reduce the size of any of your files you are going to upload to 72dpi. You can probably get away with 150dpi, but 72dpi is probably better for web viewing. If you have photos you scanned or created at 300dpi (average Print Quality) then the files are going to be large.... usually in the 4-8MB range.... and that will take a while for it to upload.... and perhaps make it hang.

#2 - Make sure you are logged into the web site (Login is at the top right of the page)

#3 - When I just logged in, it takes me into my section with my current images. There is a small banner ad in the center of the page and to the right of that there should be a blue button "Choose Files" with a yellow pointer box pointing to it saying "Click here to start Uploading"

#4 - A Window should appear showing the available files on your desktop (It might also throw you to your Pictures folder) Locate the file you wish to upload, which should probably be in JPG or GIF format for best compatibility. Click it and upload. If the file is set to 72dpi, then it shouldn't take too long to upload at all, and when done, if I remember correctly, by default, it should automatically take you to another page where you input information you wish to describe your photo. I switched this off and just upload and leave them there.

Since I have it set this way, as soon as I upload my file, it flicks the screen quickly and the photo should now be added below where the upload button is (May have to scroll down if you don't have the window maximized.) with the rest of the other photos you have uploaded already.

#5 - beside each photo you have uploaded should be four types of links you can copy for different forms of linking the photo to what you need. For linking to Canadain Content forums, you will want to copy and past the very bottom option "IMG Code" which will have the proper web code required for displaying images on these forums.

And that should be it. If it doesn't work by these steps, then I am not sure what is going wrong, as I don't know of any other way of uploading files on the site other then this approach.

Hope this helps.

Once again, perhaps your photos are uploaded already you just have to scroll down below where the upload button is..... I made the mistake a few times trying to figure out where I find my photos, only to realize they were right in front of my face, just a little south.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Well that's certainly something I can not do. My mother and my grandmother does a lot of quilt work and can make pretty good designs, but I don't remember seeing anything to that quality.

Good job
Praxi;
my method is called "Stitch'n Flip"... beats genuine quilting by hours!!!
This is the book that inspired me...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1571201114/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

A word to all the ladies here... "it's easy - you should try it!"
I go to rummage sales and look for pretty cotton material. My theme for this quilt-in-progress is "My Rose Garden".

Last edited:

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Also very good... how long did it take you to complete it?
Once I have everything set up and the right material selected, it only requires cutting some strips, pin in place one at a time, sew and flip over!:lol: Then the next strip and so on. Maybe an hour or less for one block. Accuracy is not that important - colour combination is!! That's why some blocks look stunning, others mediocre!

It is fun, and that is the most important thing!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I know my mom has been doing, from what I gather, patch quilting, as she uses strips of fabric as well and puts them all together.... but it's been usually just patterns and colours so far with no real great detail put into them..... well there is detail, just not like that I guess.

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
art is a beautiful gift that some of us were lucky enough to get. use it and share it, no need to be embarrassed about something that makes you unique

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I upgraded my old Paint Shop Pro 7 to Paint Shop Pro Ultimate X2. It's an impressive piece of photo editing software. Well worth the $49 upgrade.

Diarygirl

Electoral Member
Oct 28, 2008
Newfoundland
I see we have some pretty talented people here at CC!!! Great work everyone!!! I only knit, cross stitch and do needle point. Can't upload any pics of my work as it's not here with me. My daughter does oil paintings and I can only wish to be as talented. I have a neice that writes, she too is very talented. Art is in many forms....

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
i got bored the other day and found myself coloring, which is something i havent done since i was like 12. well this is what i came up with

this was the original

and this is the end result. it took a couple hours, which kept me busy, and i think it looks pretty good

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
i got bored the other day and found myself coloring, which is something i havent done since i was like 12. well this is what i came up with

this was the original

and this is the end result. it took a couple hours, which kept me busy, and i think it looks pretty good

Dang. It looks like your version has been moved or deleted, Annika. I was hoping to get a chance to see it.:-(

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
sorry about that, here's the picture i colored

I like it!:cool:

The colour is quite rich, particularly in the flowers and her eyes(which are a much darker shade of green). Even though you did not create the picture itself from scratch, the colouring still takes talent(especially considering the different shading that is going on in numerous parts of the picture, such as the nape of the neck, the edge of her hair).

Very nice!:cool: