War on Terror - A Masterpiece of Propaganda

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
The reality of the US War on Terror, and occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan is well stated in the article at Alternet called - The Mega-Lie Called the "War on Terror": A Masterpiece of Propaganda"

http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/63632/

Both Afghanistan and Iraq have been supplied with puppet governments, and both are dotted with permanent U.S. military bases in strategic proximity to their hydrocarbon assets.

Bush is using his last year in power to shovel money to his supporters with the current $1/4 Trillion request for Iraq war money, while veto-ing the children's health care insurance bill.

How long will American citizens put up with this abuse? - not that it is up to them in the so-called democracy of America.... protesters in the streets of Washington are just arrested...

Thats the way it is going to be when it all starts out with propaganda, based on the works of Nazi Germany.

Reactions: gopher

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I will not get into this thread....

Wolf

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
I won't also make comment on this..may other replies..
I am tired because truth doesn't make sense for everyone, they say..bigger picture..but eh
I see Bush and his nice buddies working up to get some profit but they say..bigger picture..
Actually..I see cash and profits..not smiling Iraqis..

Reactions: gopher

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
I won't also make comment on this..may other replies..
I am tired because truth doesn't make sense for everyone, they say..bigger picture..but eh
I see Bush and his nice buddies working up to get some profit but they say..bigger picture..
Actually..I see cash and profits..not smiling Iraqis..

That is what is pathetic, even in this forum, people will just try to bring you down, instead of trying to prove you wrong, toro, ted penney, ITN, Colpy, they are the master of doing this, and on top of it, withouth any single real point.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
The reality of the US War on Terror, and occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan is well stated in the article at Alternet called - The Mega-Lie Called the "War on Terror": A Masterpiece of Propaganda"

http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/63632/

Bush is using his last year in power to shovel money to his supporters with the current $1/4 Trillion request for Iraq war money, while veto-ing the children's health care insurance bill.

How long will American citizens put up with this abuse? - not that it is up to them in the so-called democracy of America.... protesters in the streets of Washington are just arrested...

Thats the way it is going to be when it all starts out with propaganda, based on the works of Nazi Germany.

The war on terror, is exactly the war they had on witches during the dark age, the same war there was agains the native indians, the same against the russian, and today they are the muslim, however what is next?

With all the technologie that has been developped lately, and considering that "star war programs" is on the way( you can already see what they are up to, just by the name of the project) i think the next generation of terrorist, will be the......

ALIENS

They are crazy enough to do it, those bastards.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
That is what is pathetic, even in this forum, people will just try to bring you down, instead of trying to prove you wrong, toro, ted penney, ITN, Colpy, they are the master of doing this, and on top of it, withouth any single real point.

'tis the old ostrich defense. Yell over it, deny, bury the head in the sand ... then cry like Hell when a boot flies up your butt.

You forgot the snacking bird....

I shall resume my vigil as the "Oh Say It Weren't Me" crowd pats themselves on the back....

Wolf

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Honestly, I don't see much from any government these days that couldn't be considered propaganda. Though I think the War on Terror is about as vague as the War on Drugs. I think most wars in history had at least some kind of objective to achieve. If the war on terror is to eradicate terrorism, I doubt that is possible, since it serves as a positive feedback.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
A war on terror could be many things....

Terror also comes at home. Have you ever considered how someone desperately trying to survive feels when the government they were supposed to be able to trust says "I am sorry. We no longer pay for that", or a letter from the city Welfare department comes to your door, or you're a hundred thousand dollars in hock for that house you bought in prosperous times and the company decides "We're moving to China." Only when you've been there have you the right to judge what is truly in a "terrorist" heart.

Wolf

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Terrorism, a tool of the masses, not even once in recorded history have the masses ever wielded terrorism like the pricks at the top. Terrorism is and always has been most effective when applied by the elites of every age. It's always a war for freedom. Free capital.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
I still haven't heard anyone define the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter ... and what would George Washington be tagged today?

None, it just depends from which angle you look at it.

Those who saved USA from the Monarchy, would have been considered as terrorist in these days.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
While "terrorism" in its current iteration may evoke images of bloodshed and destruction as critical components within a state of "terror", its use has been politicized to various "ends". Pre-emptive military strikes like the recent Israeli air attack in Syria, are the actions of a people "justifiably' protecting themselves...

Same thing goes for Iraq where the Neighborhood Bully sponsored a fanatic to become the chief executive and supplied him with weapons when Iraq was at war with Iran..... It's justifiable in the minds of Americans that any behavior that's serving the "interests" of America (from Indonesia to Chile to Nicaragua to East Timor to basically where there's anything of interest to American industrial greed... It's called Manifest Destiny. While embracing the philosophy that it is the destiny of America and Americans to rule the world, the Neighborhood Bully knows no limits to its behavior.

While installing a puppet dictatorship who just happens to execute millions or oppress hundreds of thousands and destroy the nation in the name of big-bucks-for-American-Corporations isn't called terrorism, the semantics are cloudy and dubious. If one didn't call it the "School of the Americas" a more accurate name would be "The College of International Terrorism" and yet Americans don't regard graduates like Manuel Noriega a "bad guy" until they're told to by the Whitehouse Gangstas....

Western societies have embraced fear.. the first step in cultivating a climate of terrorism...as the underpinning "value" behind everything from lifestyle to employment.

Fear of not being accepted by your peers, fear of not being granted the respect and awe afforded a person driving a particular make and model of car, fear that your employment will be taken from you by your "boss" because he/she doesn't like your politics or attire.....

Fear that governments will exercise far more control over your life than did the previous one....

Only on rare occasions does the true metal of the American psyche come rising to the surface.

Ruby Ridge, Wounded Knee, Waco (Branch Davidians), Philadelphia firebombing. The same is true in Canada of course where the metric of "prosperity" is the defacto rationale for enslaving the Chinese to build the national railroad and then planting a "head-tax" on them, or taking the aboriginal people and treating them like a conquered people without rights and expected to be quietly subservient while government after government lies to them and steals their land in the name of...oh yeah..prosperity pronounced "golf course", or "housing development" or "military training ground"....

Catholics use "terrorism" to convince the "faithful" that its perfectly OK to scorn and hate homosexuals and gays, Evangelicals use "terrorism" to fill their cathedrals with the hopelessly naive and plain stupid reaching for their wallets....

What could inspire more fear in the "believer" than hearing that you'll spend eternity in suffering and pain in a joint called MooseJaw...er sorry..."Hell"....

Fear can quickly and effectively be transformed to "terrorism" at the twist of a phrase or the "dropping-of-a-hat".....

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Excellent article.

Interesting how Bush and his supporters made Iraq a part of their ''war on terror'' despite the fact that terrorism did not exist there until Bush imposed it. Like the Nazis, all Bush has to do is to brand someone or some group ''terrorist'' and they automatically become so because of his designation.

On top of all that, once you point it out you become a ''Bush hater'' just for speaking the truth.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Amazingly (well, not really) all talk of Bush's lies have dropped in favor of discussing Al Gore.

Bush lies, tens of thousands die. Billions of dollars are wasted.

But let's talk Gore and Moore, instead.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
Regardless of the surrounding facts on this so called war on terror if it experiences the same cost benefits ratio the war on drugs has done we ae riding another money eater. If the truth ever comes out about the clandestine private armies the US is funding for either operation that sum of money could be used to seriously alleviate the hunger isssues in this nation. Both are an industry that employs soldiers of fortune and many covert illegal operations. Billions annually are being spent on both separate but equal (in the eyes of this administration) efforts.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Another suicide arising from Bush's war of terror. Woops, I mean war on terror:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003677275

quote:

Hundreds of U.S. troops in Iraq have committed suicide since the war began in 2003, though this subject is kept quiet by the military. As E&P has documented in recent months, the deaths are announced as "noncombat" with the only details that they are "under investigation." But local newspapers often find out the true cause from surviving family or friends, and occasionally from nearby military bases.

Some 130 are now officially listed as suicides in Iraq but dozens more being probed, and then there are the suicides in Afghanistan, and hundreds or thousands more back in the U.S., as CBS News recently revealed.

People do not commit suicide when the cause is just or moral. It just goes to show that Bush's war is the biggest scam in history.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
And why won't Americans hold the Bush Administration accountable?

Why is there a disproportionate call to "justice" in America?

No nation has wandered the globe and exerted its will on anyone and everyone over the past fifty years as has the United States of America.

Does the mentality of the bully reign free in America and are the values and scruples of the majority of Americans mirrored in the Bush administration?

If you're a free people and you have an operating representative government, why have the people remained silent?

Isn't it more likely that the Bush disaster is indicative of the fundamental sentiment of America?