Vehicle explosion closes Canada-U.S. border crossing near Niagara Falls: FBI

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Claiming he heard it from the media doesn't absolve him from saying there was a terrorist attack in the House when there wasn't.

So you would give Trudeau a pass because it was the "media" saying it, not him?

Well you're better than I am, because I'd be going off on him too for being so fucking stupid.
I have read and heard the full quote and context. I do not believe he said there was a terrorist attack just a media claim of one. And if TrueDope had said it I would give him the same leway because he did not say outright that there was a terrorist attack. The Lieberals are trying to insinuate it as it is a straw they are grasping at.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I have read and heard the full quote and context. I do not believe he said there was a terrorist attack just a media claim of one. And if TrueDope had said it I would give him the same leway because he did not say outright that there was a terrorist attack. The Lieberals are trying to insinuate it as it is a straw they are grasping at.

So have I.

He said media reported a terrorist attack.

Media.

And he brought it up in the House. The full House, and not privately or out of the House.

I don't excuse him hiding behind the media for his 'mistake' to say there was a terrorist attack.

And you DON'T make claims like that as a politician looking to be PM unless you KNOW it really is a terrorist attack.

If you don't get that, if you don't get how a line was crossed when he did that, then fine, that's on you.

But for people excusing PP of this, I don't wanna hear ever again how the media is "Fake" or "corrupt" or "bought out" or whatever other excuse.

Because the same "fake news" "Lie-bural" media is what PP used to claim there was a terrorist attack.

He not only was a fucking idiot for saying it/repeating it when there was no evidence of it, just an assumption because it was out of the norm AND it happened at an international bridge, he legitimized the same media right wingers have been bashing for a while now.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
"“Mr. Speaker, we’ve just heard media reports of a terrorist attack,..."
Yes, we’ve all read the same quote repeatedly at this point.
No, it was a *presumed* terrorist attack, and he said as much. That's a BIG fucking difference between "media reported terrorist attack" and a "media reported a presumed terrorist attack". One is a claim, the other is a suggestion of what it might be. Big. Fucking. Difference.
Did the “media” report a *presumed* or *assumed* or *alleged* terrorist attack initially? Or did the “media” report a terrorist attack initially? Did the “media” have to backtrack on their own reporting, & some of them repeatedly on this story in the first handful of hours after this insistent happened? Were they backpedaling themselves on this being a terrorist attack?
"It is the principal responsibility of government to protect the people."
Yes, and I don’t think anybody’s gonna argue that point, or have argued that point.
Oh, so NOW he wants Trudeau to "protect people"? From what, exactly? No one knew at the time what was going on.

"Can the Prime Minister give us an update on what he knows, and what action plan he will immediately implement to bring home security for our people?”"

And then they fucking bitched when he left the house to BE briefed on what was going on and deal with the situation.

More proof that no matter what Trudeau does, it's not good enough, ever. And as I've pointed out before, Trudeau is a fucking dickhead, an idiot, etc but there is no one out there worth electing for PM, not even him. I also think this continual need to bash/complain/be absolute stalking bullies is just fucking childish and people need to grow the fuck up. The idiot has already hung himself, why the fuck continue with the "Oh he's terrible!" as if no one knows it already?

That does NOT absolve him of stating it in the fucking House when no one KNEW it was terror related for sure.
So you’re saying you’re not going to vote for PP or the Conservatives then? Ok, got it. 😉

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yes, we’ve all read the same quote repeatedly at this point.

Did the “media” report a *presumed* or *assumed* or *alleged* terrorist attack initially? Or did the “media” report a terrorist attack initially? Did the “media” have to backtrack on their own reporting, & some of them repeatedly on this story in the first handful of hours after this insistent happened? Were they backpedaling themselves on this being a terrorist attack?

Yes, and I don’t think anybody’s gonna argue that point, or have argued that point.

So you’re saying you’re not going to vote for PP or the Conservatives then? Ok, got it. 😉

I wasn't going to vote for PP in any case before this; I tend to frown on people who want to deny people their rights.

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2