Trump USA : 2020

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Rock legend John Fogerty issues President Trump a cease-and-desist order from playing his song

(CNN)John Fogerty has directed President Donald Trump to stop using his song "Fortunate Son," by issuing him a cease-and-desist order.

The founder of the rock band Creedence Clearwater Revival posted his directive in a statement on his Twitter account Friday.
"I object to the President using my song, 'Fortunate Son' in any way for his campaign. He is using my words and my voice to portray a message that I do not endorse," the singer said.

More: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/19/us/john-fogerty-tells-trump-to-stop-playing-his-song-trnd/index.html

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hillarious! Fogerty doesnt own the song.

CCR's music was owned by Saul Zaentz of Fantasy Records and now owned by Concord Music Group.

Mr. Fogerty's new deal with Fantasy does not restore the ownership of his songs to him. "John would like to own his songs, and unfortunately we can't do that, because we just paid a lot of money for them," says Concord's president, Glenn Barros.

Interesting back story that involves an off shore tax evasion scheme that went sideways.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Rock legend John Fogerty issues President Trump a cease-and-desist order from playing his song
(CNN)John Fogerty has directed President Donald Trump to stop using his song "Fortunate Son," by issuing him a cease-and-desist order.
The founder of the rock band Creedence Clearwater Revival posted his directive in a statement on his Twitter account Friday.
"I object to the President using my song, 'Fortunate Son' in any way for his campaign. He is using my words and my voice to portray a message that I do not endorse," the singer said.
More: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/19/us/john-fogerty-tells-trump-to-stop-playing-his-song-trnd/index.html
Just another Prog.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
In a football game this weekend, commentators Joe Buck and Super Bowl champion quarterback Troy Aikman lampooned a military flyover as a waste of jet fuel and money. Aikman said "That stuff ain't happening in a Kamala/Biden administration."

It was a delicious hot-mike moment!

(It was technically wrong. Those pilots have to fly a certain number of hours per month to maintain their proficiency, and stadium flyovers count. But it was funny!)

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
In a football game this weekend, commentators Joe Buck and Super Bowl champion quarterback Troy Aikman lampooned a military flyover as a waste of jet fuel and money. Aikman said "That stuff ain't happening in a Kamala/Biden administration."

It was a delicious hot-mike moment!

(It was technically wrong. Those pilots have to fly a certain number of hours per month to maintain their proficiency, and stadium flyovers count. But it was funny!)
I don't believe "stadium fly past" is a box that needs checking to remain proficient.

Good effort though.