Trump 2024

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
BFFs 4 lyfe

Pence goes after Trump​

Former Vice President Mike Pence will urge Republicans to move on from the 2020 election, declaring “there is no room in this party for apologists for Putin” as he further cements his break from former President Donald Trump.

Pence, in a speech Friday evening to the party's top donors in New Orleans, will take on those in his party who have failed to forcefully condemn Russian President Vladimir Putin for his unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.

“Where would Russian tanks be today if NATO had not expanded the borders of freedom? There is no room in this party for apologists for Putin,” Pence will say, according to excerpts from the speech. “There is only room for champions of freedom.”

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Something something rats and ships something something

Roger Stone said Trump's presidency was the 'greatest single mistake in American history'

The Post viewed 20 hours of documentary footage of Stone filmed by Danish filmmakers.The videos reveal Stone's role in trying to overturn the 2020 election and events surrounding January 6.

Longtime GOP strategist and Trump ally Roger Stone said Donald Trump's presidency was the "greatest single mistake in American history," in footage obtained by The Washington Post.

The Washington Post said it had viewed 20 hours of footage of Stone filmed by Danish filmmakers for an upcoming documentary titled "A Storm Foretold."

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
On Inauguration day, Stone was filmed talking to a friend and savagely criticizing Trump's son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner – "he needs to have a beating" – before rounding on the former president dubbing him the "greatest single mistake in American history."

Stone was also recorded saying he would support Trump's impeachment in a video published by The Post.
"I'm done with this president. I'm going to go public supporting impeachment. I have no choice. He has to go. He has to go. Run again! You'll get your fucking brains beat in," Stone said in the clip, appearing to mock any future presidential runs by Trump.

However, a few weeks later, Stone said he would support a Trump 2024 presidential bid.