Trump 2024

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
There was no necessity for protestors outside of Ottawa to go to Ottawa! That move was as brain dead as it gets. Protesting is legal anywhere in Canada.
After the initial convoy it was basically Ontarians and Quebecers making up the bulk of protestors

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Oh I think so. The main point of protesting is to have your thoughts and opinions heard. Secondary is to actually change anything.
The response was so great that the Premier of Quebec decided not to fine the unvacced and drop provincial mandates . The premier of Saskatchewan dropped his mandates prior to the convoy even arrived in Ottawa when he saw the support it generated . So sometimes they actually do change things . When you cover your ears and shout I can’t hear you ones thoughts and opinions are not heard , of course that is exactly what our federal government did .

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
There was no necessity for protestors outside of Ottawa to go to Ottawa! That move was as brain dead as it gets. Protesting is legal anywhere in Canada.
Oh I think so. The main point of protesting is to have your thoughts and opinions heard. Secondary is to actually change anything.
It seems you don't.........If all those people would have stayed home as you suggest, sitting in their house holding their breath until they turned blue, do you think anyone would care?
To make a protest work and be heard, you have to draw attention to the issues....which is what they did....and quite well.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The response was so great that the Premier of Quebec decided not to fine the unvacced and drop provincial mandates . The premier of Saskatchewan dropped his mandates prior to the convoy even arrived in Ottawa when he saw the support it generated . So sometimes they actually do change things . When you cover your ears and shout I can’t hear you ones thoughts and opinions are not heard , of course that is exactly what our federal government did .
Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta and some success in BC was after the Convoy got to Ottawa

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sure 3 of them....................1. It's in conflict with the battle against climate change. (Every mile driven heats up the planet). 2- It adds to air pollution. 3- Thousands of dollars were squandered that could have been put to better use. Hey, Pete any time you need help or advice, I'm right here. Enjoy the day. :)

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Sure 3 of them....................1. It's in conflict with the battle against climate change. (Every mile driven heats up the planet). 2- It adds to air pollution. 3- Thousands of dollars were squandered that could have been put to better use. Hey, Pete any time you need help or advice, I'm right here. Enjoy the day. :)

Was it a wasted cost for our fathers/grandfathers to travel to Europe to free them from Germany?