Trudeau Prepares to Take Quebec

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Here in Kapuskasing, in the lasts few years, several Black families emigrated here from west Africa....
They all speak perfect French, not Quebec french!
French in quebec they call it " Parler Joual "
Google it!
We have had several Woofers from France at our place over the years. A couple of them had been to Quebec before coming to the west coast. They also said that Quebec "French" was difficult to follow.One related it to Creole.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I know, they likely don't understand "Quebec" French. When hubby was in the military, he spent some time in France on Leave. Several of his buddies were from Quebec and when they went into French restaurants/shops, the Quebecers would start talking to the people who worked there and none of them could understand them. Hubby said it was hilarious because the guys from Quebec got really "steamed" that they couldn't be understood. It was rather embarrassing for them. So there's no doubt in my mind that even tho' the West Africans spoke French, that no Frenchmen here will actually understand what they're saying and vice versa.
That's because they use English word with a Quebec pronunciation
eg........ In a car "Windshield,(parbrise), trunk, (Coffre) Wipers,(Lave glace)rear view mirrors (retroviseur)etc...
A good number of quebeckers wouldn't the proper french word for those

Reactions: Twin_Moose

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I know, they likely don't understand "Quebec" French. When hubby was in the military, he spent some time in France on Leave. Several of his buddies were from Quebec and when they went into French restaurants/shops, the Quebecers would start talking to the people who worked there and none of them could understand them. Hubby said it was hilarious because the guys from Quebec got really "steamed" that they couldn't be understood. It was rather embarrassing for them. So there's no doubt in my mind that even tho' the West Africans spoke French, that no Frenchmen here will actually understand what they're saying and vice versa.
Says a lot about their audacity and arrogance doesn't it? What it amounts to is imposing a language that doesn't exist on people!

• Haha
Reactions: petros and Danbones

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
...ah, the good 'ol golden apples of discord keepin the peeps busy while they get their superior pockets fleeced just the same.
;)
HaHa, still, after thousands of years, the same old ploy never fails.

No wonder they banned the Sneetch storybook by Dr. Seuss.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I have to admit to one big mistake when I worked for six months in in quebec.
Since I worked for a premium salary I had paid about $400.00 in QPP Quebec pension plan premiums
Since I was a resident of Ontario I cashed it in a the end of the run.
Big mistake......
If I had left it there, I would be getting something like $35.00 a month from age 65 for the rest of my life

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Americans Charged with Haiti Child Kidnap​

Ten members of a U.S. missionary group who said they were trying to rescue 33 child victims of Haiti's devastating earthquake were charged with child kidnapping and criminal association on Thursday, their lawyer said.

Edwin Coq said after a court hearing that a judge found sufficient evidence to charge the Americans, who were arrested Friday at Haiti's border with the Dominican Republic. Coq attended Thursday's hearing and represents the entire group in Haiti.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose