Trudeau Is Going To Bury Us In Debt

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
There are some basic imbalances that need attention. Minimum wage should support a minimum standard of living for starters, and wages should climb at least in pace with rises in the cost of living. The "be happy with what you have" line doesn't hold water if there are people going without the basics that many take for granted through no fault of their own.
So you think a 16 year old student in grade ten should make the same as his dad ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
When in the summer of 1971 my buddy and I walked into a strong union job , man what a summer , slack off all day , sex drugs and rock and roll all night . 20 cent beer on a five dollar an hour job , living for free with mom and dad .

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When in the summer of 1971 my buddy and I walked into a strong union job , man what a summer , slack off all day , sex drugs and rock and roll all night . 20 cent beer on a five dollar an hour job , living for free with mom and dad .
What did you learn from that?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
That's so 20th-century conservative. 21st century conservatism is "Fuck you, Jack. Don't have money? Die. Now get outta my way so I can get my fraudulent disability cheque. I got an appointment with my oxy dealer. . . um. . . doctor."
And why, oh wise man, is this only a "conservative" issue? Huh, who knew?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
What’s happening is Canadians that can will leave .. taking jobs, economy..

Canada is no longer the USA’s main trading partner, Mexico is, Mexico now has better infrastructure than Canada.. better healthcare..

Mexico used to be right were Canada was until they had leaders that stole money (WE Charity) and bad money management..

Don’t think Canada is to powerful or it would never happen, but Canada could easily become 3rd world

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Remember..

Mexico's economy experienced a severe recession as a result of the peso's devaluation and the flight to safer investments. The country's GDP declined by 6.2% over the course of 1995. Mexico's financial sector bore the brunt of the crisis as banks collapsed, revealing low-quality assets and fraudulent lending practices.

It can happen to Canada.. get a second passport.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC

Canada is no longer the USA’s main trading partner, Mexico is, Mexico now has better infrastructure than Canada.. better healthcare..

Mexico used to be right were Canada was until they had leaders that stole money (WE Charity) and bad money management..

Don’t think Canada is to powerful or it would never happen, but Canada could easily become 3rd world
Canada, China, and Mexico are pretty much tied in the top spot of US trading partners, each rated at 14.5% of total trade, fourth place Japan coming in at 4.6%. Canada is the largest recipient of US exports, China is the largest supplier of imports.

US Foreign Trade

In terms of infrastructure, Mexico has made considerable progress since the institution of NAFTA in 1994, most of the benefits of that agreement have gone to the few at the top of the economic food chain. Twenty million Mexicans live without access to healthcare, nine million live without running water in their homes, seven million without sewage systems and there are still half a million without electricity.

Inequality in Mexico

The GINI coefficient, a numerical representation of a country's level of income inequality, with higher scores meaning a greater level of inequality, ranks Mexico at 19th globally, with a score of 48.30. Canada sits at 107th with a score of 34. Total of countries rated is 159.

GINI Coefficient by country

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Canada, China, and Mexico are pretty much tied in the top spot of US trading partners, each rated at 14.5% of total trade, fourth place Japan coming in at 4.6%. Canada is the largest recipient of US exports, China is the largest supplier of imports.

US Foreign Trade

In terms of infrastructure, Mexico has made considerable progress since the institution of NAFTA in 1994, most of the benefits of that agreement have gone to the few at the top of the economic food chain. Twenty million Mexicans live without access to healthcare, nine million live without running water in their homes, seven million without sewage systems and there are still half a million without electricity.

Inequality in Mexico

The GINI coefficient, a numerical representation of a country's level of income inequality, with higher scores meaning a greater level of inequality, ranks Mexico at 19th globally, with a score of 48.30. Canada sits at 107th with a score of 34. Total of countries rated is 159.

GINI Coefficient by country
So Mexico’s standard of living is rising , good to see so many being lifted out of poverty .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

I believe your last statement is what their goal is.

Reactions: taxme