Trudeau Denounces 'Vicious And Senseless Acts Of Intolerance' In Wake Of Paris Attack

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Trudeau Denounces 'Vicious And Senseless Acts Of Intolerance' In Wake Of Paris Attacks

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has condemned the acts of hatred and racism witnessed in Canada after the terrorist attacks in Paris last week.

In a statement released Wednesday from Manila, where he is attending the APEC summit, Trudeau said he has "noted with deep regret a number of highly disturbing acts aimed at certain Canadians."

Trudeau referenced the recent fire at a mosque in Peterborough, Ont., smashed windows at a Hindu temple in Kitchener, Ont., and an attack on a Muslim woman in Toronto.

"Diversity is Canada’s strength. These vicious and senseless acts of intolerance have no place in our country and run absolutely contrary to Canadian values of pluralism and acceptance," he said in the statement.

"We must fight hate by embracing our values of pluralism & acceptance."

The prime minister said the federal government and law enforcement agencies will work to protect Canadians subjected to such abuse.

"Canadians understand that religious groups around the world suffer persecution regularly at the hands of violent extremists," he said in the release. "Our focus must be on stopping the people responsible for the terror, and continuing to fight hate by embracing Canadian values."

Trudeau took to Twitter Tuesday with a similar message that was re-tweeted thousands of times.

On Monday, Trudeau also released a statement denouncing the arson at the Kawartha Muslim Religious Association’s mosque in Peterborough, which police are treating as a hate crime.

"Muslim-Canadians contribute enormously to the social and economic fabric of our nation, and Canadian authorities will not abide innocent and peaceful citizens being targeted by acts of vandalism and intolerance," the prime minister said.

Trudeau added that while the terror attacks in France shocked "peace-loving people" around the world, the focus should be on those who committed those heinous acts.

"It is equally important for Canadians to understand that Muslims around the world are also being persecuted regularly by these violent extremists," he said. "We are in this together."

An online fundraising drive raised more than $100,000 to repair the place of worship.

A Quran is taken off of a charred bookshelf inside the Kawartha Muslim Religious Association’s mosque in Peterborough. (Photo: Christopher Katsarov/CP)

Also on Monday, a Muslim woman on her way to pick up her children from school in North York was reportedly physically assaulted by two men and called a "terrorist."

The suspects allegedly punched the woman, tore off her hijab, and robbed her of her cellphone and money, according to Global News. Toronto police have designated the attack as a hate crime.

A day earlier, vandals smashed the windows at the Ram Dham Hindu temple in Kitchener. Waterloo Regional Police are not treating the incident as a hate crime but, according to CBC News, are not closing the door on that possibility.

source: Trudeau Denounces 'Vicious And Senseless Acts Of Intolerance' In Wake Of Paris Attacks

The Muzzies probably set the place a blaze themselves looking for sympathy ..

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
hey now, the other day the attacks were only “deeply worrying” to the pony. you can't fool me man. :lol:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I have a good friend who is Muslim. Known him since we were kids. He, his brothers and sisters all immigrated from Pakistan in the 70's. People used to call him a punjab, a bush n!gger and everything you could imagine. We got in a few fights together over that intolerance and he grew up to get an education and he married a beautiful woman who is an educator. He is successful and a proud Canadian. I am proud to have him as my friend, in fact I could think of no better childhood friend.

People that vandalize places of worship or commit acts of violence against other Canadians are as ignorant as the a-Holes who subscribe to extremism. While I think that Justin Trudeau is the Liberal equivalent of George W Bush, just another inexperienced silver spoon fed nit wit riding on Daddy's coattails, I actually agree with him that Canadians need to think before they act.

We are all immigrants here folks, mine came on boat out of Ireland before the great war.

What about yours?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I have a good friend who is Muslim. Known him since we were kids. He, his brothers and sisters all immigrated from Pakistan in the 70's. People used to call him a punjab, a bush n!gger and everything you could imagine. We got in a few fights together over that intolerance and he grew up to get an education and he married a beautiful woman who is an educator. He is successful and a proud Canadian. I am proud to have him as my friend, in fact I could think of no better childhood friend.

People that vandalize places of worship or commit acts of violence against other Canadians are as ignorant as the a-Holes who subscribe to extremism. While I think that Justin Trudeau is the Liberal equivalent of George W Bush, just another inexperienced silver spoon fed nit wit riding on Daddy's coattails, I actually agree with him that Canadians need to think before they act.

We are all immigrants here folks, mine came on boat out of Ireland before the great war.

What about yours?

All very good advice RCS but I'm wondering why you thought it necessary to mention the boat?

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I agree that the acts that have Trudeau upset are horrible and senseless. But he doesn't react so vehemently when a white, 3rd or 4fh generation Canadian is attacked. What about when Jewish synagogues and cemeteries were destroyed? And he didn't show so much feeling when the Canadian soldiers were killed by a hit and run driver or when the soldier at the War memorial was murdered. He couldn't even bring himself to use the word, 'terrorist'. Not even when the Parliament Bldg. was attacked.
He shows himself to be a special friend to Muslims.
Reminds me of how Obama makes public denouncements when a black man is killed but never comments when the white men are killed.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I agree that the acts that have Trudeau upset are horrible and senseless. But he doesn't react so vehemently when a white, 3rd or 4fh generation Canadian is attacked. What about when Jewish synagogues and cemeteries were destroyed?
It's not a hate crime unless Whitey did it.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
This is a bit of window dressing.

We were just as xenophobic before the attacks.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

What about yours?
Why are you friends with a terrorist?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Couple of isolated incidents of stupid - Takes hard stand.

Over a hundred dead - Very Worried.

Ummm, ya.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
"German Interior Minister Says Suicide Bomber's Syrian Passport "May Have Been Planted""
German Interior Minister Says Suicide Bomber's Syrian Passport "May Have Been Planted" | Zero Hedge

say just like the passports at 911 that turned out to be an ADMITTED fraud

some people NEVER learn
have fun at the maul this c'istmass
according to the criminal governments: if the enemy dont gitcha the patriots will

Maybe the PM knows it wasn't syrians

The calm after the storm will help to silence the fevered egos of fear mongerers (see above).

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Believer?

Every terrorist attack has fallen in line with being successful only under exceptional circumstances and remains a low probability.

And we are proving to be more aware to this fact with every hiccup.

If this had happened 10 years ago we would already be marching on Assad by now.