Trucker protest at U.S. border crossing reportedly several kilometres long

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Just now..

I agree with peoples right to a peachful protest.. I just don't agree with this protests reason..

It's hurting the poor and middle class and driving up food costs.. the rich will get food, but the working class are the ones that will be hurt.
Except that the drivers are usually by themselves so why is it so important for them to be vaxxed? Perhaps Boomer or other truckers here could explain how the loading/unloading process goes because if the drivers don't do them, then again, what's the issue. If they are responsible for the loading/unloading, then as long as they follow protocols, why vaccinate? It's not as though they're in crowds. Why can't they simply put on a mask when they're out of the truck (even tho' as we already know, masks don't work). In other words, there must be another way to make this work so as to not make the situation worse.

I really think it's a stupid move by government(s). They could not care a bit about the population - it's simply something they insist we abide by & a method of control. They don't care that prices are rising - after all, it doesn't affect them in the same way as it does the lower & middle class.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Except that the drivers are usually by themselves so why is it so important for them to be vaxxed? Perhaps Boomer or other truckers here could explain how the loading/unloading process goes because if the drivers don't do them, then again, what's the issue. If they are responsible for the loading/unloading, then as long as they follow protocols, why vaccinate? It's not as though they're in crowds. Why can't they simply put on a mask when they're out of the truck (even tho' as we already know, masks don't work). In other words, there must be another way to make this work so as to not make the situation worse.

I really think it's a stupid move by government(s). They could not care a bit about the population - it's simply something they insist we abide by & a method of control. They don't care that prices are rising - after all, it doesn't affect them in the same way as it does the lower & middle class.
Lot lizards need protection too!

Probably need it more than most folk.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

I don't really know why the Canadian Truckers are protesting the Canadian Government.. Okay, so Canada says don't worry about it..

The USA as of Jan 15th require all truckers entering to be vaccinated.. so.. Canadian truckers have to follow the rules or get refused entry.

So get fucking vaccinated already.

However, many truckers have just quit.. 16,000 truckers quit in the last week.. which raised prices and the loads.. great for me.. used to be $4500 USD for a load of Avocados now I get $6000 USD because they don't have the trucks.. not to mention my freebies off the dock from the shipper.. :p

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
...and honestly when it comes to a vaccine.. some of the shit I put in my body from Mexico isn't FDA approved.. to lose weight and gain muscle fast..

272156540_4704643059655621_1293128482140676044_n.jpg

I mean I bring lots of meds from Mexico to Canada and self administer.. so a COVID vax is the least of my problems..

• Wow
Reactions: Dixie Cup

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
BC had its own little truckers protest yesterday. Protesting the unsafe, and generally piss poor road conditions. Every winter we phone the regional manager, or write the minister to complain about the unsafe conditions. Our biggest problem is the block funding, where contractors get a set amount for the winter, regardless of conditions. The lack of maintenance came back to bight the government in the ass big time with all the floods and washouts this winter. But we have lots of nice bicycle paths and places for druggies to shoot up in.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
As many as 150,000 truckers and their trucks could arrive in Ottawa on Jan. 29 to demonstrate.

View attachment 11821
https://www.kelownanow.com/news/new...6eFqoRBU5F5q85yN6NpH6eTw-RtEMbBYztHtmisoH1n24
Yeah, it’s a couple thousand dollars for each truck to get out their factoring in the truckers time and truck maintenance and fuel….so unless these “up to” 150,000 trucks all have loads in ON or QC or MI or IN, etc… to get them where they actually need to go and asked her back to where they came from….that’s not going to happen.

Like mentioned above, more impact with less expense would be shown if these “up to” 150,000 sat at home for a week.

Reactions: taxslave

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
BC had its own little truckers protest yesterday. Protesting the unsafe, and generally piss poor road conditions. Every winter we phone the regional manager, or write the minister to complain about the unsafe conditions. Our biggest problem is the block funding, where contractors get a set amount for the winter, regardless of conditions. The lack of maintenance came back to bight the government in the ass big time with all the floods and washouts this winter. But we have lots of nice bicycle paths and places for druggies to shoot up in.
I hope the crap they use in place of sand on BC’s roads is also protested, ‘cuz 3/4” gravel on the roads is bullshit as it’s thrown back & forth by drivers at other drivers, and then finally cleaning that crap off the roads about mid-June leaves something to be desired.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I hope the crap they use in place of sand on BC’s roads is also protested, ‘cuz 3/4” gravel on the roads is bullshit as it’s thrown back & forth by drivers at other drivers, and then finally cleaning that crap off the roads about mid-June leaves something to be desired.
Another item we brought to the table. One thing that would really help is using fines from crushed rock instead of the round shit they use now.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Canadian Trucking Alliance says Stop Protesting and Get Vaccinated

View attachment 11825

https://techbomb.ca/covid-19/canadian-trucking-alliance-says-stop-protesting-and-get-vaccinated/

Well I mean, if the Canadian Trucking Alliance says it, I guess they will line up! ;)
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau defended the mandates at a press conference Wednesday, adding that details about its imminence were announced very late last year, then unannounced for a 24hr period 4 days before this was to be implemented, so many unvaccinated drivers from Canada & especially the US hit the roads with their loads, then 24hrs (in the evening) later they flip-flopped back on their decision after thousands of loads where already pointed at the border from the day before. “We have been consistent on that,” he told reporters.

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself by modifying the above quote from the link with the reality of what this Gov’t actually did. I had fully vaccinated Canadian drivers crossing from The US into Canada on Saturday the 15th and they told me it was an absolute shit show at North Portal Saskatchewan due to the announcement then the announcement then the re-announcement within days of the 15th mandate.

So many drivers got calls from their dispatchers in the US on the Wednesday to go pick up their loads in point North because of the announcement that the mandate was being suspended….. so so many of them got caught at the border trying to turn around or argue their cases individually. Screwed so many drivers & shippers over individually & personally with that sleight of hand series of announcements.

Was it Evil or just Idiotic, or both? I’m leaning towards Idiotically Incompetence as opposed to outright Evil…but the end result was the same for those caught in that web of stupidity of the announcements.

Last edited: