Trans-Canada Highway is Canada’s National Disgrace

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Proper infrastructure is the key to a countries ability to transfer goods, economy and growth..

That is why the USA is so successful.. their Interstate system..

Canada is so stuck on North South trade we are so dependent on the USA..

We have more trade barriers between provinces than we do with the USA..

Canada’s destiny is to be part of the USA within the next century
We'll let ya pretend to be independent, long as ya don't piss us off.

• Haha
Reactions: B00Mer

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Certainly , however the chains do lots of damage to the pavement .
Not supposed to use them on bare asphalt, just on the ice. Of course that means the drivers will have to get out of the cab once in a while and require something besides bedroom slippers to drive in. A little damage to the road is still better than killing someone by being lazy and stupid.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Lund used to be a nice spot when I was a kid. Last time we were there it was jammed with idle rich using as a jump off point to a few of the rich vacation islands and Desolation sound. When you see a Rolls in a parking lot you know the neighbourhood has gone downhill.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Lund used to be a nice spot when I was a kid. Last time we were there it was jammed with idle rich using as a jump off point to a few of the rich vacation islands and Desolation sound. When you see a Rolls in a parking lot you know the neighbourhood has gone downhill.
The only thing Lund has to offer is the water taxi to those islands .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Just raise Canadian Taxes

How about we put our taxes towards things that actually improve the lives of Canadians instead of wasting money by giving out funds to government "friends".
As for highway clearing, Alberta uses private contractors each of whom are responsible for clearing a specific highway. Seems to work well.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Proper infrastructure is the key to a countries ability to transfer goods, economy and growth..

That is why the USA is so successful.. their Interstate system..

Canada is so stuck on North South trade we are so dependent on the USA..

We have more trade barriers between provinces than we do with the USA..

Canada’s destiny is to be part of the USA within the next century
AI. The future of logistics is AI.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yeah, never spent much time in the Lund bar.since I grew up the complete other end of the road. Left town not long after turning 19 too.
You actually lived there ? Must be lonely in winter .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I was able to run equipment at an early age. We were pretty much free range with a few semi restrictions. BE home for supper. Running log booms was a nono. Although we did lots of it as teens in the lake .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Mom used a spoon. Dad was more into lectures. I would rather get hit with a spoon and go back to whatever I was doing than listen to a lecture for an hour.