Tory G8 abortion stance

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Wrong. I am definitely pro-life, but I am also pro-choice. I am against abortion for the most part, but not all. I am this way because the issue isn't a black and white one. There's no double standard in that.
Besides, it's ok to be against something but realize that it isn't your choice over someone else's life.
You can decide to leap off a bridge and I can tell you it's not a good idea, but the choice is ultimately yours.

I can certainly respect that stance. But I can't imagine you'd support government allowing abortion in this case but not that case. If it allows it in this case, certainly it should allow it in that case too, no.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Then we should also live the subject alone and not funded here in Canada, but unfortunately hypocrisy feels good with the votes behind the issue here at home. Look, you can argue until you are blue in the face, reality dictates a hypocrite can pretend but truth will always gets him out tin the open. They call that bad optics and no moral fibber.
Well, then we should pay for all the medical procedures of all the people in the world who abuse their health by smoking and eating bad diets and stuff because we pay for Canadians who do that. Wouldn't that be something? Then listen to the Hypogrits wail and moan about Con spending.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Well, then we should pay for all the medical procedures of all the people in the world who abuse their health by smoking and eating bad diets and stuff because we pay for Canadians who do that. Wouldn't that be something? Then listen to the Hypogrits wail and moan about Con spending.

Then let's not fund medicine abroad. I could accept that. But if we are going to fund it, then it ought to abide by the same standards as at home unless it conflicts with local laws of course. Otherwise, if we want to change the rules for our medical funding abroad, then we should change them at home too. Take your pick. Personally, I'd likely have chosen not to fund medicine abroad and instead just focus on education or something else so that they could develop their own health care infrastructure.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I can certainly respect that stance. But I can't imagine you'd support government allowing abortion in this case but not that case. If it allows it in this case, certainly it should allow it in that case too, no.
Nuhuh. I would support a gov't that supplies abortions for sound medical reasons but not for frivolous reasons like "Oh, I forgot my contraceptive and now I am preggers". Or for cosmetic reasons either.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Nuhuh. I would support a gov't that supplies abortions for sound medical reasons but not for frivolous reasons like "Oh, I forgot my contraceptive and now I am preggers". Or for cosmetic reasons either.

Certainly. But I'd imagine you support that position both at home and abroad, and not just abroad I'd assume?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Then let's not fund medicine abroad. I could accept that. But if we are going to fund it, then it ought to abide by the same standards as at home unless it conflicts with local laws of course. Otherwise, if we want to change the rules for our medical funding abroad, then we should change them at home too. Take your pick. Personally, I'd likely have chosen not to fund medicine abroad and instead just focus on education or something else so that they could develop their own health care infrastructure.
Yup. I didn't say I agree with the gov't's inconsistencies, I just don't think we should pay for any health care of other countries' citizens when we can't afford our own.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Certainly. But I'd imagine you support that position both at home and abroad, and not just abroad I'd assume?
Universally.
My scorn of Soc is that in one thread he snivels about the Con gov't spending money and in this thread he snivels about the Con gov't not spending money on some other country. That's the epitome of hypocrisy.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Universally.
My scorn of Soc is that in one thread he snivels about the Con gov't spending money and in this thread he snivels about the Con gov't not spending money on some other country. That's the epitome of hypocrisy.

Bingo. And that's where you differ from where Harper stands right now. Honestly, I'd have more respect for a person who believes universally in free choice over one who is inconsistent since, even if I disagree with that free choice position, at least I know the candidate is being honest with me even if I disagree with him. When he flip flops, I have no clue where he stands and feel like he's trying to manipulate me. That kind of candidate will certainly not get my vote.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Make sense, and don't talk through your ears, Harper as soon as he became PM went on a photo up in Afghanistan allocating $50.000.000 for a cause that cost Canada 148 men and women.
Harper went to Haiti pretending the good Conservative he is, and donated millions to that cause. we are not talking about smoking habits and crap like that.
We are talking about women who have no other means but a coat hanger to perform an abortion.

That is a despicable method to prevent a birth caused by rape.
Stop your nonsense and make sense. You are stubbing this poor victims in the back with your crap.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Universally.

Hey the G8 were the first to expose Harper’s hypocrisy, I agree with them, do you have a problem with that?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Make sense, and don't talk through your ears, Harper as soon as he became PM went on a photo up in Afghanistan allocating $50.000.000 for a cause that cost Canada 148 men and women.
lmao I'm sorry if you cannot understand a direct analogy. But that is your failure, not mine.
Harper went to Haiti pretending the good Conservative he is, and donated millions to that cause. we are not talking about smoking habits and crap like that.
We are talking about women who have no other means but a coat hanger to perform an abortion.
You cannot understand the difference between a multitude of people in a disasterous circumstance from a few people in bad circumstances? Again, that is your failure, not mine.

That is a despicable method to prevent a birth caused by rape.
Stop your nonsense and make sense. You are stubbing this poor victims in the back with your crap.
Just because you cannot understand does not mean others do not make sense. It is just your inability to comprehend much that you need to work on.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
lmao I'm sorry if you cannot understand a direct analogy. But that is your failure, not mine.
You cannot understand the difference between a multitude of people in a disasterous circumstance from a few people in bad circumstances? Again, that is your failure, not mine.

Just because you cannot understand does not mean others do not make sense. It is just your inability to comprehend much that you need to work on.
The G7 in this case living Canada out, according to you and others like you are all unable to understand the validity of this subject. I am sure you have not idea of what you are talking about and your writing proves it. 70.000 desuetude women a year is not few, in 10 years is 700.000. thanks to people like you.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. But when you whine about Harper's spending in one thread and snivel about him not spending money in another, it's inane and hypocritical of you to point out someone else's hypocrisy.
Crap.............................................

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Seems there are references here to some other thread I'm unaware of. I'll duck out of this one now.

Happy talkin' y'all.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The G7 in this case living Canada out, according to you and others like you are all unable to understand the validity of this subject. I am sure you have not idea of what you are talking about and your writing proves it. 70.000 desuetude women a year is not few, in 10 years is 700.000.
links please.

thanks to people like you.
Oh yeah, you stink twice as much as me, so there. nyah nyah

lmao

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Then we should also live the subject alone and not funded here in Canada, but unfortunately hypocrisy feels good with the votes behind the issue here at home. Look, you can argue until you are blue in the face, reality dictates a hypocrite can pretend but truth will always gets him out tin the open. They call that bad optics and no moral fibber.

Sock, if you are going to continue with the annoying jargon and rhetoric of a Teamster with a toothache, would you, at least, pay a little attention to sentence structure?

I think arguing with you until one is blue in the face is a common thing in your world. That's what obtuse is all about.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Sock, if you are going to continue with the annoying jargon and rhetoric of a Teamster with a toothache, would you, at least, pay a little attention to sentence structure?

I think arguing with you until one is blue in the face is a common thing in your world. That's what obtuse is all about.

Hey no one is forcing you to come on this thread, if you don’t like what my opinion on this issue is, you are a grown man you can refrain.
As I said before don’t mix opinion with facts, in this instance my opinion is in perfect alignment with the facts.
The G7 have a clear depiction on Canada’s position with regards to the Abortion issue, and the condemnation is not my initial making, but rather is the making of people abroad who understand morality and phoniness, thus declaring Harper a hypocrite.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Hey no one is forcing you to come on this thread, if you don’t like what my opinion on this issue is, you are a grown man you can refrain.
As I said before don’t mix opinion with facts, in this instance my opinion is in perfect alignment with the facts.
The G7 have a clear depiction on Canada’s position with regards to the Abortion issue, and the condemnation is not my initial making, but rather is the making of people abroad who understand morality and phoniness, thus declaring Harper a hypocrite.

I am politely asking you to learn English. What your opinion is doesn't really matter. It's easily predictable.

Now ... if Harper specifies he wanted abortions paid for and wanted to do what some authority in that foreign country should be doing, you would be all over the waste like baby shyte on a blanket.

I think you just like the post count and to hell with facts. Right?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
lmao I'm not saying Harper's not a hypocrite. I think all politicians are hypocrites. What I am saying is that YOU are the last person that should call him one.