Tim Hortons No Longer #1 For Coffee

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The results are in: Tim Hortons is no longer Canada's favourite coffee shop - Macleans.ca

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I think that test system looks like it might be more of a specific marketing tool then a decent ranking, but having said that:
I m a coffee nut. I use a grinder, make small pots, ( less then 6 cups) and use real cream, and spend in a month what some timmies addicts spend in a day.

I fill a thermos and go socialize ( timmies aren't far off, in a small town we have 5 of them round here.)
:)
that IS whats in my thermos...

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I remember when McDonalds coffee used to taste like it was made with brown crayons. When I was on the road I brewed my own, but in a pinch I'd take a McDonalds over a Timmies.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I remember when McDonalds coffee used to taste like it was made with brown crayons. When I was on the road I brewed my own, but in a pinch I'd take a McDonalds over a Timmies.

Oddly enough, some years ago (15? 20? 30? I can't remember), Tim Hortons started doing their own roasting/blending of their coffee. At that time, the company that used to supply them (which might have been vanHoutte, I'm not sure) started supplying McDonald's coffee.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Grind my own beans. There's lots of good smaller coffee shops around today. I'm not sure why anybody would go to a big chain.

In Edmonton right now and went to a coffee shop yesterday on the corner of 124 st and 105 ave. One of the best I've been to in awhile.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Grind my own beans. There's lots of good smaller coffee shops around today. I'm not sure why anybody would go to a big chain.

In Edmonton right now and went to a coffee shop yesterday on the corner of 124 st and 105 ave. One of the best I've been to in awhile.

I go to a chain if I'm on the road, or for something to hold at the rink when my daughter used to play hockey. Other than that, I drink what I make at home or at work. At work is better, because it's free.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I personally pick hill-grown Chilean beans and with a granite hand grindstone reduce to semi coarse fine, then boil at precisely 103.26 degrees for 3.5 minutes. Together with my home grown sugar cane and organic hand milked dairy I reduce the heat to 70 degrees and drink from personally casted ceramic pottery.

Or I go to Tims.