Those fully vaxxed account for most of the new COVID cases in Quebec

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Looking at these ratios (I could present these as fractions if it would make things easier), if the vaccinated population increases so that the unvaccinated population decreases proportionally, how would that affect the ability of this virus to randomly mutate creating new strains to reinfect to population in another wave???

Didn’t anyone actually read through the LINK in the OP? Admittedly I was too lazy to yesterday but have since then, & thus using the %’age of 81% today instead of a guess at 80% yesterday.
We're throwing tennis balls at a tank, Ron. These people don't hate the vaccine, they just hate. Ergo, they hate everything.

They have no data, so they babble about microchips and magnetizing. Others cherry-pick statistics they don't understand. Just a halfhearted attempt to justify their mindless hate.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I’m just using the OP itself & not branching out into the Interwebs itself. Not much of a search on my part, & just math from grade school so no rocket science there either.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
….They have no data, so they babble about microchips and magnetizing. Others cherry-pick statistics they don't understand. Just a halfhearted attempt to justify their mindless hate.
Like the “more vaccinated than unvaccinated in the new cases” without factoring in that over 80% are vaccinated opposed to less than 20% that are still unvaccinated. Yeah, I get it.

It’s like (Right-Winging it here) listening to Trudeau & Freeland talk about the state of Canada’s economy cherry picking stats or the Eco-crowd throwing around the term ‘Net-Zero’….

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
There is the real problem. It seems the majority of low information voters believe this is a vaccine because the media told them so. Worse, they think it will work as well as the polio vaccine did.

Who is low information - those that follow the science and are okay with the vaccine because it's doing what it was made to, or those who took the vaccine to somehow equal cure, then when it didn't, it's now a "failed vaccine"? Or those who don't even bother to really understand the vaccine at all and still comment about it?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Thankfully you (me, anyway) don’t have to follow the science or politicians talking points as long as some basic math skills are employed.

The science is constantly evolving, & politicians are for the most part lying bastards, but math is still just math.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
It should provide some protection . Looking at all the major sports postponing games because of Covid outbreaks among the fully jabbed makes one suspicious of the effectiveness . certainly not close to 100% . What is an acceptable protection rate ?
Good question.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
What is an acceptable protection rate? That is an excellent question! What is an acceptable protection rate? 100% would be great, but here we are. How about obvious proof that it's making a difference & lowering the infection rate to below the 1:1 ratio that will make this disease rare (81:58 = 1.4:1 fits this by the way) instead of the 19:42 = 1:2.2 which makes this very transmission-able.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
OK. Mathing again.....using the numbers & info from the LINK in the OP.....those fully vaccinated are less than 1/2 as likely to be in the group currently testing positive for this newest wave/strain compared to the unvaccinated, & with lower hospitalizations rates. So I'm assuming that would be the purpose of 'jabs'.
I am not suggesting you or any others not get the shot , however the arguments in favour still are not enough to convince me .

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Like the “more vaccinated than unvaccinated in the new cases” without factoring in that over 80% are vaccinated opposed to less than 20% that are still unvaccinated. Yeah, I get it.

It’s like (Right-Winging it here) listening to Trudeau & Freeland talk about the state of Canada’s economy cherry picking stats or the Eco-crowd throwing around the term ‘Net-Zero’….
Oh, yes! It's certainly not only the right-wingers who do it!

I always said, the "political spectrum" is not a line, it's a horseshoe, with the two extreme ends closer to each other than to the middle.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Oh, yes! It's certainly not only the right-wingers who do it!

I always said, the "political spectrum" is not a line, it's a horseshoe, with the two extreme ends closer to each other than to the middle.
Lib’s in power up here currently, they’re the ones currently releasing Fed Gov’t fiscal update (as opposed to a budget) & the COP26 push…& thus my example. Fits my theme so as not to confuse anyone. 😉

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I am not suggesting you or any others not get the shot , however the arguments in favour still are not enough to convince me .
What would?

(Girlfriend & I are probably getting our annual Flu Shot & Covid Booster {Booster-Booster?} here in SK Monday or Tuesday night depending on the line-up, etc…) The Covid Booster is available to all over 18 years of age tomorrow.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I’m too lazy to look up actual stats, but assuming that about 80% (?) of that population is fully vaccinated….with the numbers above….then those 80% vaccinated account for less than 60% of new cases, & the 20% of the population accounts for more than 40% of new cases.

Just mathing is all. Doesn’t this prove that the vaccine’s are effective in decreasing the odds of catching this pestilence? Not addressing the severity of symptoms or what have you, but just the 1591/2736 thing.

If the vaccine wasn’t effective, then the 80% of the population fully vaccinated should account for about 80% of new cases, & the 20% of the population that’s unvaccinated should account for about 20% of new cases, right?
You've done epidemiology proud!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It should provide some protection . Looking at all the major sports postponing games because of Covid outbreaks among the fully jabbed makes one suspicious of the effectiveness . certainly not close to 100% . What is an acceptable protection rate ?
The severity of the infection is reduced if you do get it and have the jab. But it is still treated with quarantine etc. so you get the cancellations. Right now people are panicking over raw numbers and I personally think this panic is misplaced. I want to see the cases in hospital etc. I don't think those have gone up too much probably due to a 80-90% vaccination rate.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A flexi truck driver told me in work on Wednesday that the vaccinated have a greater chance of getting the Omicron variant than the unvaccinated. At that time I was a proud member of the unvaccinated unsheeple, but Johnson has since forced me into having it. I held out for too long but the Government still got to me eventually. So now I have more chance of getting Omicron. Cheers, Boris. No wonder you're just days away from being booted out of office.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
A flexi truck driver told me in work on Wednesday that the vaccinated have a greater chance of getting the Omicron variant than the unvaccinated. At that time I was a proud member of the unvaccinated unsheeple, but Johnson has since forced me into having it. I held out for too long but the Government still got to me eventually. So now I have more chance of getting Omicron. Cheers, Boris. No wonder you're just days away from being booted out of office.
flexi truck drivers are the go to source of information on infectious diseases.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

And you've proof of this Omicron thing other than your flexi truck driver pimp - I mean, "friend".

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Fun watching you turn on Your Own Personal Jesus.

Reactions: Serryah