This summer may see first ice-free North Pole

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Op is talking about summer, so what it does in the winter is moot.

and what did the same spot look like june 3 this year?

if you can't show us, then showing us the one pic from 2011 also means nothing.
June is summer gerry,are you that obtuse?

Maybe you should get your assistants to help you out here.
Tonn. as well as bear has no idea where the arctic even is so good luck with that bit of help.
If you got nothing to add then you be back on ignore mon ami.:)
I thought for a split second you may be interested in the OP and not the peeps posting in it but you havent changed so carry on.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
June is summer gerry,are you that obtuse?

Maybe you should get your assistants to help you out here.
Tonn. as well as bear has no idea where the arctic even is so good luck with that bit of help.
If you got nothing to add then you be back on ignore mon ami.:)
I thought for a split second you may be interested in the OP and not the peeps posting in it but you havent changed so carry on.

actually, June 3rd is spring. Summer didn't begin this year untill June 20th.

and it's really not surprising that you are using the ignore threat even though I have not attacked you once. You go ahead though, I'm not into playing your juvenile "I can't hear you" games.

oh yes, and here's some quotes from people that actually live in the North.... their entire lives...... not just a few months out of the year for just a few years.

Representatives from Nunavut Tunngavik, Kitikmeot Inuit Association, Kivalliq Inuit
Association, Qikiqtani Inuit Association, Inuit Tapirasat of Canada, Nunavut Planning
Commission, Nunavut Impact Review Board, Department of Indian and Northern Development
and Government of Nunavut also participated in the conference.

· Winters are getting shorter, summers are getting longer.

· We are losing the ice in our glaciers and fiords. Permafrost is melting. We see
vegetation growing where ice used to be.

· The sun’s rays are increasing, Inuit need stronger suntan lotion.

· We now see birds and wildlife that we have never seen here before. Ravens are
everywhere, Snow Geese are too numerous.

· Heavier winds can be dangerous, be cautious. Because of Global Warming we could
become subject to catastrophes like hurricanes.

· Caribou meat tastes different now and there are concerns about contaminants and
diseases. We send samples out to labs but never get results back. Caribou hides are
thinner.

· More Inuit are dying from cancers, including skin cancers. We have to find out if this is
from mining or contaminants or from climate change.

· Fall ice forms later and may not be safe to travel on until Christmas

· If trends continue, Hudson Bay (and other areas) may never freeze over. The impact on
wildlife will be tremendous.

· Inuit have to be prepared for the impacts of Global Warming.

· Water levels are getting lower

· Isostatic rebounding

· The floe edge is receding faster

· More ships are traveling through the Northwest Passage, due to the lower ice coverage in
recent years.

From the 'peeps' that live there...

http://www.tunngavik.com/files/2011/03/elders.pdf

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Ahhh ger,so sad you wasted all that time trying to school me,go back to selling furnaces cuz I really could care less what you and bear and the rest of your buds have to say about a place you have never been to.

Tonn. cant even figure out where the arctic is or what winter wheat is! lol!

You bitch if I ignore you and bitch if I dont,how immature.
Dont waste too much time replying,I have a new well to complete tommorow!
And it takes 20 minutes to fill my slip tank with free fuel in the morning.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
There are only two seasons really. Light and dark. Sometimes it's warmer when it turns light and sometimes it's cooler.
3 seasons,spring,summer and winter,theres no trees so no fall.
North of Churchill anyways,small trees in northern Manitoba.
Got a call the other day to go to Manitoba building leases.
3 years work......all oil!

This is true, but it wasn't me babbling about summer and winter.
Summer and winter and spring in the arctic is totally different then Calgary gerry.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Ahhh ger,so sad you wasted all that time trying to school me,go back to selling furnaces cuz I really could care less what you and bear and the rest of your buds have to say about a place you have never been to.

The quote wasn't something that I, Bear, or Ton said. It was direct from the Elders that you keep saying that you, supposedly, know personally.

Tonn. cant even figure out where the arctic is or what winter wheat is! lol!

Actually, it was you that scrtewed up on that when you originally said 600 miles and then changed that to 600 kliks.

You bitch if I ignore you and bitch if I dont,how immature.
Dont waste too much time replying,I have a new well to complete tommorow!
And it takes 20 minutes to fill my slip tank with free fuel in the morning.

actually, what I "bitch" about is the obvious trolling you do by stating that you have me on ignore.

As for the "new well", and the "free gas".... you may as well knock off that bullshyte because no one believes you anymore. Pretty much everyone is leaning to you being a poor, lonely old man, drinking beer/getting drunk, and surfing the net.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Ice cap will be in total darkness by Oct 27 with still 8 hours of sun on the circle.
Peeps forget this when pushing their fear mongering.
Not much heat with no sun but maybe some of these folks have never been in the north with no sunlight for months?
Thats when it hit's 65 below ambient celsius.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When I worked at Lupin there was still a little sun everyday. 2-3hrs but not much. Any further north and it's twilight then dark.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
When I worked at Lupin there was still a little sun everyday. 2-3hrs but not much. Any further north and it's twilight then dark.
Did you meet a cat skinner nicknamed bones who worked for RTL?
He was doing reclamation at that site and a good friend of mine.
My first job in the territories was with RTL and they wanted me to go to Lupin to reclaim,I wish I would have.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Also please dont plan any winter snowmobile trips to Cambridge bay untill you figure out where it is.

Good thing I don't take directions from you, I'd end up in Northern Saskatchewan. Have you learned the difference between miles and kilometers yet?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The deletions and edits are also funny,lots of losers here to deal with and frankly I dont have the time,ta ta boys!
I agree, you editing your posts after people have responded to them, does make you a loser.

My buddy up there is totally committed and devoted to conservation and cares little about internet experts and their wild claims.
He doesn't care about your claims?

I would like to post some of the photos he sends me but with a few members on here willing to go to great lengths to attack someone....anyone,then I am hesitant to post anything.
Sure looks like it, lol.

priorities mon ami,no time for that right now.
I didnt think how search engines work was that difficult to figure out.
It isn't, which is why it was so easy to prove you were lying, yet again.

Maybe when I'm not doing 13's seven days a week I will have time.
LOL!!!

I think you want a little badge or something eh.
Nope, just watching trolls like you and Koko cry like bitches and squirm, is enough of an award for me thanks.

Yer fertilizing potential is unmatched.
And yet you've managed to be the most prolific poster of virtual fertalizer.

My pics imply nothing...
This is true, because we've all managed to figure out, you're full of sh!t.

Also see how the tundra is red? That is the indicator I mentioned before that the natives use that means one more month of not bad weather.
They also rely on science and knowledge of the modern world.

You're romanticizing them as some noble savage or dismissing them as thieves and frauds when it suits you, is derogatory and racist, at best.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Good thing I don't take directions from you, I'd end up in Northern Saskatchewan. Have you learned the difference between miles and kilometers yet?

I only pay attention to my "pie" chart for obvious reasons,I'm a field guy and a good slice of pie in the field is worth gold.

I said 600 kliks or miles,cant remember and I like to live in the present so anyways,that still put's Cambridge bay about 1000 kliks or miles above and beyond the 600 from Saskatchewan.

I hear they grow winter wheat there,they should be cropping out about x-mas time then eh?

:)

I think you would be lost anywhere in the arctic and I also dont think you have ever been there,a pic would prove me wrong.
Same with your cohorts.Lets see some pics! I have thousands.

So far all you have is pie charts and graphs so put up or shut up.

bunnyhug

Aug 29, 2012
I only pay attention to my "pie" chart for obvious reasons,I'm a field guy and a good slice of pie in the field is worth gold.

I said 600 kliks or miles,cant remember and I like to live in the present so anyways,that still put's Cambridge bay about 1000 kliks or miles above and beyond the 600 from Saskatchewan.

I hear they grow winter wheat there,they should be cropping out about x-mas time then eh?

:)

I think you would be lost anywhere in the arctic and I also dont think you have ever been there,a pic would prove me wrong.
Same with your cohorts.Lets see some pics! I have thousands.

So far all you have is pie charts and graphs so put up or shut up.

heres an accurate pie chart