Thinking of moving to Saskatchewan

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Been thinking of moving somewhere outside of Ontario because i'm starting to feel that I've outgrown this province. Having spent a lot of time in Saskabush i figure why not consider the southern part. The province has a strong economy and is central to all of Western Canada which would increase my options more so than staying in Ontario.

I'm thinking Regina or toon town.

Aside from the northern part of the province i know nothing else of it.

What would be the Pro's and Con's of the province if i decided to move there?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Been thinking of moving somewhere outside of Ontario because i'm starting to feel that I've outgrown this province. Having spent a lot of time in Saskabush i figure why not consider the southern part. The province has a strong economy and is central to all of Western Canada which would increase my options more so than staying in Ontario.

I'm thinking Regina or toon town.

Aside from the northern part of the province i know nothing else of it.

What would be the Pro's and Con's of the province if i decided to move there?
Toontown lacks feng shui.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Johnnny,

If you're fat and you love Curling, you'll fit right in.

Naw I'm in shape and hate curling lol, hate it...

Both cities are good in Sask. what are you looking for?

Looking to be central to the territories, BC, and Alberta where there are many opportunities for someone who is schooled in and has experience in geology, mining and milling.

Ontario may have the Ring of Fire starting up and a few gold mines coming but it's not my scene anymore. Need some change.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
They send it all here to BC and thus offshore.

hth

One thing I know about Sask is that people there get killer deals on flights to Vancouver (and probably Victoria) in winter.

It's low season here, empty hotel rooms aren't good for business and the prices are so low it's stupid you can't stay home for that price.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Looking to be central to the territories, BC, and Alberta where there are many opportunities for someone who is schooled in and has experience in geology, mining and milling.

Ontario may have the Ring of Fire starting up and a few gold mines coming but it's not my scene anymore. Need some change.

Move to Salmon Arm or Revelstoke or somewhere else in the BC Interior. They are Shangri-las (avoid the Okanagan, though. It's starting to resemble Mississauga).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

What do you want out of a city?