The World's Billionaires Have Doubled Their Wealth Since 2009

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
That's a big problem when their money is not used to further the public interest.

They should be taxed more because they exploit loopholes and pay far less than most of us do.

Or at least your version of public interest. Perhaps you should be taxed more because you use more government services. Everyone must pay their fair share you know.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
That's a big problem when their money is not used to further the public interest.

They should be taxed more because they exploit loopholes and pay far less than most of us do.

The very rich are in the position to become liquid & mobile. Try to take too much,
& they can relocate to a much more tax friendly location. I believe it is France that
recently discovered the obvious above first hand.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't know how true this is but I heard it said many years ago- if you divide up all the money evenly among the entire population, the same people who have all the money now will get it back in two years.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Beats counting my own. I get to the end too quick!

Simple solution is don't have anything to count. ALso means there is nothing for anyone to steal. Bonus those that have will be obligated to look after you. No worries no stress.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I know. Which bonds you to a life of paying taxes

No argument. Hence my comment that I get to end of my money count really quickly. Lol.

Hey, do you think billionaires count their money to fall asleep at night? They'd have to start in the millions of course, but it would beat counting sheep.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No argument. Hence my comment that I get to end of my money count really quickly. Lol.

Hey, do you think billionaires count their money to fall asleep at night? They'd have to start in the millions of course, but it would beat counting sheep.

Probably hire someone to count it for them. But they do get to have a million dollar mattress if they want.