The Solar Industry Now Employs Twice As Many People As Coal

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Is there any chance SO2 cuts in emissions tripped a short term warming trend?

We all chipped in to save L.A. and paid subsidies to Evil Corp to reduce SO2 while they raked big bucks on cap and trade.

If we add SO2 to the atmosphere we can counter CO2 for a couple $billion a year.

If we can allegedly alter the chemistry of the atmosphere as claimed by AGW alarmists, we can do it to cool it off too with SO2.

You still living in BC under an NDP Gov't now.. :lol:

Petro's PWND, frigg'in total pwnage..

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
When I was pulling my fifth wheel every summer I had my diesel chipped ....not for any altruistic global warming bullshit but to save money on fuel.... and since a bit less than 30% of my yearly mileage was pulling the trailer,I could increase the truck power while pulling and make up for that extra fuel the rest of the time.....

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Ya got me there, why it's a fact that you can only remelt iron or steel just once before it can't ever be melted down again.

Lemme check with Vanna to see if'n there's some kind of consolation prize for ya'll

My great-great grand pappy was likely busy going for a roll in the hay with your great-great grandma whilst your great-great grandfather was staring into the sun and making a living as village idiot

Gee, I'm flattered. That might make us relatives. But not unless your ancestors lived in England.

Is there any chance SO2 cuts in emissions tripped a short term warming trend?

We all chipped in to save L.A. and paid subsidies to Evil Corp to reduce SO2 while they raked big bucks on cap and trade.

If we add SO2 to the atmosphere we can counter CO2 for a couple $billion a year.

If we can allegedly alter the chemistry of the atmosphere as claimed by AGW alarmists, we can do it to cool it off too with SO2.

That's a great idea. I'm really looking forward to the increased acid rain.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Their jobs involve dangling 300 feet in the air, roping the blade of a wind turbine. The work comes with a view across the Wyoming prairie and a view well into the future.

Wind turbine jobs are expected to be the fastest growing jobs in America between now and 2024, growing 108 percent.

The turbines stand on reclaimed land covering a coal mine that was worked for almost 50 years. But increasingly, Wyoming's energy comes not from mining what's down below, but from mining the wind above.

In Wyoming, the top coal-producing state in America, wind now provides 10 times more energy than it did a decade ago, and that may just be the beginning.

A Chinese company is recruiting workers for wind turbines it hopes to build in Wyoming, and will even pay for training.

Steve Harshman, Republican speaker of the Wyoming House of Representatives, said he has no problem with the Chinese creating Wyoming jobs.

"There is so much integration in economies around the world," he said. "I think it's all about free markets and I think we all support that."

Travis Harkins traded his coal job to work in wind, a decision he made with his wife Sam and three active boys very much in mind.

"When I was in coal, I had a concern about how I was going to provide for my family," he said. "Wind generation definitely opened up a whole new avenue for me. And a lot more opportunity."

People here have long boasted about being America's biggest coal producer. Now they're learning to embrace the winds of change, and with it, a lot of new jobs.

Wyoming embraces wind energy, and the jobs that come with it - KTVQ.com | Q2 | Continuous News Coverage | Billings, MT

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Great, considering it's only one company in a sea of developing industry.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Auxiliary Power Unit, pulls fuel from the tanks to keep the truck cool or warm, and all electric devices running when the truck is turned off.

If you don't have one, you just idol the truck for 10 hours.

WHo shuts a truck down for 10 hrs at a stretch?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
For the low low cost of three months of wages poor people can buy a solar panel with a battery to run two led lights and a fan.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Normal people either go home at night or drive double.

What are you retarded.. go to a truck stop at night. 100's of trucks stopped are single drivers..

I had what some call a "normal people" job driving for Walmart, $120,000 a year truck driver.. and I was home at night.

I hated it.. I prefer to be on the road, travelling to southern California, Arizona and so on.. stopping for my 34 reset in Vegas, or other cool areas and enjoying life.

So a purchased a few trucks.. some for local Alberta work, and an old highway tractor for me to run to the USA.

With my VuCube attached to the back for DirecTV, and has a fridge, microwave, and so on.

It's sorta comfy when I shut down. sorta like home.

OH! ..and I don't have far to walk or drive to get to my "home" on wheels. :lol:

Last edited: