The Solar Industry Now Employs Twice As Many People As Coal

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Hmmmm, lets' see.

Obama essentially outlaws the use of coal in the US (for power generation purposes) and creates an environment that hamstrings the coal industry.

Coal producers shut-in facilities, mines and investment thereby eliminating tons of jobs in the coal industry.

... Magically, more people are now employed in renewables in comparison.

Never saw that coming

Actually technological change is the main reason for the loss of coal jobs. You don't need miners when you have machines.

Coal Mining Jobs Trump Would Bring Back No Longer Exist

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/business/coal-jobs-trump-appalachia.html

You bought your hydrogen fuel cell ev and are happily driving it today?

Thanks for coming out, but get back to me when you have something more than a concept car that exists only on a drafting table

Let me guess. Your great-great grandfather enjoyed standing on the side of the road shouting "Get a horse!" at passing motorists.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
A Solar Photovoltaic Installer will normally receive an average salary ranging between 32000 to 48000 depending on experience and domain knowledge. Solar Photovoltaic Installers will normally get a wage of Forty Eight Thousand Seven Hundred dollars per annum. Source

Kentucky coal miners make ~ $35-50,000 a year. Have a better chance of being killed on the job, or getting black lung disease or cancer. Source

That sure is one awesome looking horse and buggie

[youtube]4AXU2wqQe00[/youtube]
Yeah, except the horse can go longer without refueling. :lol:

The hydrogen creates the electricity.. **** your dense.

So again, the solution to global warming is to replace CO2 with more potent GHGs. Again, that's f*cking brilliant!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Boomski likes to move the goal posts as necessary.

Wonder if he'll man-up long enough to recognize the mega-hazard related to all of the toxic nasties that are a byproduct of the spent batteries?.. Yeah, probably not.

PS (Boomer) - you can only recycle those batteries so many times before they are nothing more than spent heavy metals
I think B00mer just switched sides to troll
He was the guy who had the big laugh not long ago about a trucker smoking a bunch of cyclists with his exhaust while passing them on a highway.....Probably something he has done himself................

Either that or he just lately joined the Al Gore religion, like a new reborn preaching after he had a revelation.....:lol:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I think B00mer just switched sides to troll
He was the guy who had the big laugh not long ago about a trucker smoking a bunch of cyclists with his exhaust while passing them on a highway.....Probably something he has done himself................

No not at all.. sorry mate I'm not trolling on this issue.

I feel strongly that society needs to move forward on new technology that helps the environment.. even if there was NO Climate Change, I would still feel that it is important to have clean energy and and healthier society overall.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Sorta like a engine, muffler, and other car parts.. :p

Ya got me there, why it's a fact that you can only remelt iron or steel just once before it can't ever be melted down again.

Lemme check with Vanna to see if'n there's some kind of consolation prize for ya'll

Let me guess. Your great-great grandfather enjoyed standing on the side of the road shouting "Get a horse!" at passing motorists.

My great-great grand pappy was likely busy going for a roll in the hay with your great-great grandma whilst your great-great grandfather was staring into the sun and making a living as village idiot

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No not at all.. sorry mate I'm not trolling on this issue.

I feel strongly that society needs to move forward on new technology that helps the environment.. even if there was NO Climate Change, I would still feel that it is important to have clean energy and and healthier society overall.
Says the guy who just bought a new diesel .

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Doesn't eliminate the need for diesel though, does it?

Sure for an APU it does.. remember the truck sits for 10 hrs either idling, using an APU or it can use a solar battery pack. The first 2 options use diesel and cost money.

A solar battery pack and charge as your driving, keep your truck warm when stopped, or cool. Keep the fridge running and TV too. :p

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is there any chance SO2 cuts in emissions tripped a short term warming trend?

We all chipped in to save L.A. and paid subsidies to Evil Corp to reduce SO2 while they raked big bucks on cap and trade.

If we add SO2 to the atmosphere we can counter CO2 for a couple $billion a year.

If we can allegedly alter the chemistry of the atmosphere as claimed by AGW alarmists, we can do it to cool it off too with SO2.

Last edited: