The “sin lists” in the NT condemn all habitual sinners!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
There seem to be a lot of 'believers' that think the verse below is about some AC dude who is going to do bad things to people for 7 years. Perhaps they should actually base their doctrine on the whole passage rather than one verse that can be altered to fit their own desires.

Da:9:27:
And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:
and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,
and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate,
even until the consummation,
and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Da:9:4:
And I prayed unto the LORD my God,
and made my confession,
and said,
O Lord,
the great and dreadful God,
keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him,

and to them that keep his commandments;

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Meet Ireland’s Witches- The Secrets Behind Witchcraft in Ireland

Ever wanted to become a witch or understand how to cast a spell? Witchcraft is something that has fascinated human kind for a long time and with religion telling us that it is the work of the devil, often many people fear the idea of it being a “real thing” but whether you believe it or not, witches are real and are living in Ireland…
Can anyone be a witch? “It is open to those that are willing to put in the work because there’s a lot of it and it’s hard. You have to study and it takes at least five years before you can get to the stage before you can teach,” a real life Irish witch revealed.

Meet Ireland's Witches- The Secrets Behind Witchcraft in Ireland

You're welcome.

Or one can chose to be a Solitaire and study on one's own. :smile:

Me too.

Along with the rest of the book. The plot is mediocre, there's no character development, and it really drags in a lotta places.

With a good editor and lots of CGI, might could make a decent summer movie.

How about a mini-series, Tec

The Bible (TV Mini-Series 2013) - IMDb

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
No. You have been preaching on here for over a decade. You are a gawd darned fanatic.
I seem to recall you were preaching when I got here. How many times you stated your narrow view now?? Some would take it that you must think the people here are a little slow.

10 years and still hasn't learned a damn thing. Pathetic.
Nor have I yet explained my view fully or some of you would know how it goes. Think of how many trolls I kept employed.

10 years and still hasn't learned a damn thing. Pathetic.
I learned you are a pathetic troll and it most likely mirrors your real like but who cares really??

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I seem to recall you were preaching when I got here. How many times you stated your narrow view now?? Some would take it that you must think the people here are a little slow.

Nor have I yet explained my view fully or some of you would know how it goes. Think of how many trolls I kept employed.

I learned you are a pathetic troll and it most likely mirrors your real like but who cares really??
Weeeellllllll,who can I turn to, when nobody needs me. My heart wants to know and so I must go where destiny leads me. aaannnnnnnd, maybe tomorrow, I'll find what I'm after. I'll put off my sorrow. Beg steal or borrow my share of laughter. ,,,,,,take your pills nutcase.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That would make you a savior of the site and possibly the world then. I feel so humbled by your presence.

JamesM

Jul 3, 2016
James, you are probably aware of this, but if not, sarcasm is veiled hostility:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/think-well/201206/think-sarcasm-is-funny-think-again
Perfect love is found in Christ. In Him, there is no spirit of sarcasm. If you would like to talk about Christ, I am in.
Paul's method of writing to churches was often with some sarcasm thrown in.
For example:
If you can understand what he was getting at in Romans 6,
you might just see him telling the Christians in Rome:
-- you became slaves of righteousness and slaves of God (many lols)
-- now become slaves of obedience and righteousness
-- stop sinning or you face eternal death (3 times in 8 verses!)

Maybe Paul was talking theoretically, or what is supposed to be happening,
i.e. their total obedience, etc. ... but it sure wasn't happening!
IMO, Paul spoke with tongue-in-cheek occasionally.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
For example:
Saul contradicts himself consistently, constantly. His favorite subject to speak about, is himself.

You know James if you try hard enough you can justify Atila the Hun

JamesM

Jul 3, 2016
This is supposed to be a Christian Discussion forum ...
but I guess non-Christians are allowed to attack Christians.
My advice to non-believers: you're totally wasting your time here!
True believers will never believe anything you have to say.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
It's just a simple matter of believing the Scriptures, or not believing them!

True to a point. Personally I'm always a little skeptical of those whose choose to parrot the words of others as opposed to expressing themselves in their own words. It makes me wonder if they have simply adopted the beliefs of others as their own without thinking things through for themselves, or if they are even capable of critical thought at all.

I've found "keepers" of wisdom in most religions, but have also found that there are too many instances in organized religion where the true spirit of the original message gets lost in amongst the personal agendas of those delivering the message, or the original message is outdated but clung to anyways.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
This is supposed to be a Christian Discussion forum ...
but I guess non-Christians are allowed to attack Christians.
You are correct. Believers in Saul will never believe anything anyone else has to say.

And get off your high horse and playing the victim. No one is attacking you. A statement has been made in regard to a historical figure.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC

Interesting point, as it is the inflexibility of many Christian religions that is the cause for their dwindling numbers. Those on the upswing are adopting an approach that leans more towards encouraging a personal interpretation of historic writings, in essence giving people the tools to form their own set of rules for living as opposed to reading someone else's rule book to them.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
For example:

Maybe Paul was talking theoretically, or what is supposed to be happening,
i.e. their total obedience, etc. ... but it sure wasn't happening!
IMO, Paul spoke with tongue-in-cheek occasionally.

Excellent passage, James. Glad you introduced it : )

Paul is a scribe and the Author of this Scripture is employing Paul's particular context to impart truth. The Roman Empire was rife with slavery. Some estimate that 50% of the population under Rome's political sway (Christians included) were enslaved. Paul's inspired application of the politically-significant slavery metaphor is a spiritual one.

Everyone serves someone/something. Spiritually-speaking, there are two options. There is the old nature inherited at birth. And there is the new nature imparted by Grace through faith. The old nature is controlled by law (rules, regulations, etc) or consigned to license (If it feels good...) The new nature is committed to Christ, in Whom liberty is found:

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." (Galatians 5:1 NIV)

Last edited:

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Everyone serves someone/something. Spiritually-speaking, there are two options. There is the old nature inherited at birth. And there is the new nature imparted by Grace through faith. The old nature is controlled by law (rules, regulations, etc) or consigned to license (If it feels good...) The new nature is committed to Christ, in Whom liberty is found:

Are you saying that a Christian life is a life without rules?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Are you saying that a Christian life is a life without rules?

Great question, Nick.

Christian living is accomplished by the Spirit of Christ according to immutable spiritual laws which are inscribed in the cosmos by its Creator : )

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
So, laws and rules dressed up a bit? I'd like to think that we are born with the ability to instinctively know the difference between right and wrong, but the discipline to pay attention to those instincts is definitely a learned skill.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So, laws and rules dressed up a bit? I'd like to think that we are born with the ability to instinctively know the difference between right and wrong, but the discipline to pay attention to those instincts is definitely a learned skill.
I'm forced to disagree. Seems like it takes a couple of decades to instill the difference, and even then the failure rate's remarkably high.