Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Canadians

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Yes.he tells it as HE sees it and he BELIEVES that HIS world view is the only one that matters.
/what seems to be evident is that his supporters like to be manipulated and he does it with a certain unsophisticated "finesse. What is intersting is that political correctness is interpreted for what should be tact and verbal courtesy. If you believe that Trumps maniplative behavior does not include lies or highly stretched truths ....well..then it must be acceptab le to be manipulated.
Haha! I'm getting the impression that you don't like him!
That's why you will never see anything but the negative in him. I don't think anyone can really know what is in his mind.
What is the manipulation you speak of? Could you please explain that to me?
And as for political correctness, nobody in the real world speaks like a politician. If they did (although some try ) they wouldn't be very well liked.

The reality is that a very ugly side of the American mindset has been unleashed by someone who has no clue as to what being tactufl , and polite means. One can look forward to much more racial hatred acting out, more shootings, more divisiveness and more anger emerging. Can the US culture handle it?? without deteriorating even further??
I don't think the ugly side of America has anything to do with Donald Trump. It is the way the whole world has gone, frustrated, dissatisfied and angry. And it was caused by the real manipulators, the politicians who have socially engineered us into a box so we will be easier to control. People aren't happy when their lives are micromanaged and that's what the politicians have done to us.
You want to talk about bullying? That's what governments do to us; 'This is the way it's going to be, WE know what's best'. That doesn't make for a contented society.

We have heard a lot of slogan-like statements from him....but no details. for eg: Make america great again..... Well HOW is he ging to do it??HOW is he going to get rid of ISO , How will he reduce gun vioolence?? HOW will he improve the education system and make sure everyone gets a decent basic education. ? How will he with NAFTA?? besides tearing it up. Whydoes he not give the people some idea of HOW he will do the things he promised?? So far it all sounds like some TV ad.
Trump has told how he would like to put his policies into place. Seems like nobody listened. He has given details about reforming the education system, renegotiating NAFTA and bringing the country together by making everyone AMERICAN, not Mexican, AfricanAmerican, LBGT, Muslim, etc., just AMERICANS.
What's wrong with that?

One canhope for one thing...... and that is that he surrounds himself with smart and expereinced people that DO KNOW HOW to deal with issues in a smart and progresive way. and that will all depend on whether he will listen??
That is what he is doing.

He is a salesman first....It is an interesting culture that sees big mouth bufoonery as "strength and tact /diplomacy and dialogue as "weak" Perhaps it is down to the darwinian "survival of the loudest and most aggressive ".. at any cost.
Tact and diplomacy as practised by politicians really boils down to LIES! Tell them what they want to hear, not how it really is.

telling it as he sees it......is a far cry from telling it as the facts that exist Believing that climate change is a hoax started by China..........is an example of "telling it as he sees it" Yet that is but one of his most stupid "beliefs" With that kind of mindset.he can easily take the US into a new form of dark age.. Let us hope that is not the case
Let's wait and see on this one. True or not, the way environmentalists are going about it is futile, costly and just plain wrong. If they want to get serious about cleaning the environment I would like to see some plans with substance. So far all I have seen is band aids and measures that will drive costs for the average citizen sky high.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
conservatives who oppose Trump:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Thank you. As you can see, I can use the 'quote'. However sometimes I prefer a different method. It's more like an actual conversation in RL (For those of us who can converse without being offensive!) :)

D.M. - If that A$$hole is criticising you, you are likely doing it properly. He's just found nothing constructive to do in life! :) :)