The Clarion Project

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
https://www.clarionproject.org/blog/cair/here-are-moderate-muslims-where-are-you

Very well written. I'm hoping this works - I'm not exactly a pro at this.

Dixie

Bernie Sanders was quoted as saying "… We are fighting a terrorist organization, a barbaric organization that is killing innocent people. We are not fighting a religion."

I'm thinking he's right. No one who is sane would support the ideology much less the "religion" of these cowards!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
But then why is this so called radicalization occurring in Mosques and being fostered by holy Mullahs ?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
But then why is this so called radicalization occurring in Mosques and being fostered by holy Mullahs ?

Probably for the same reason that most members of the KKK are regular churchgoers. In general most Muslim and Christians are not religious nut cases, but there is always an extreme element that will resort to violence.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Power. The religious leaders crave power and the uneducated masses tend to believe in superstition. Most probably those that crave power are becoming religious leaders not because they are believers but because of the power the position has in a society based on superstition.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
https://www.clarionproject.org/blog/cair/here-are-moderate-muslims-where-are-you

Very well written. I'm hoping this works - I'm not exactly a pro at this.

Dixie

Bernie Sanders was quoted as saying "… We are fighting a terrorist organization, a barbaric organization that is killing innocent people. We are not fighting a religion."

I'm thinking he's right. No one who is sane would support the ideology much less the "religion" of these cowards!!

Just be aware the first terrorist organization in the ME was the Corporation of the United States of America and the second (and worst offender) is the illegal state of Israel. All other 'terrorist' groups pale in comparison to the first two.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Just be aware the first terrorist organization in the ME was the Corporation of the United States of America and the second (and worst offender) is the illegal state of Israel. All other 'terrorist' groups pale in comparison to the first two.

Where the hell did you come from? The first reaction to the creation of the state of Israel in 1948 was a declaration of war by all of its Muslim neighbours in which they variously stated their goals of driving the Israelis into the sea and exterminating the Jewish population. They continued this stupidity for the next twenty odd years before most of them gave it up as a bad job. Several Muslim states including Iran still stick to this deluded policy, however. Learn a bit of history before you state your revisionist nonsense.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Where the hell did you come from? The first reaction to the creation of the state of Israel in 1948 was a declaration of war by all of its Muslim neighbours in which they variously stated their goals of driving the Israelis into the sea and exterminating the Jewish population. They continued this stupidity for the next twenty odd years before most of them gave it up as a bad job. Several Muslim states including Iran still stick to this deluded policy, however. Learn a bit of history before you state your revisionist nonsense.

I know the history quite well. The League of Nations decided to create the state of Israel and stole the lands that were at the time parts of Jordan, Transjordan and Syria without consent ergo Israel is an illegal state.

It was effectively a brilliant move by the USA and it's allies as it created permanent instability in the region allowing America to negotiate ridiculous deals for oil from countries who now needed the money to create armies to defend themselves from Israeli invasion or LoN/UN takeover.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I know the history quite well. The League of Nations decided to create the state of Israel and stole the lands that were at the time parts of Jordan, Transjordan and Syria without consent ergo Israel is an illegal state.

It was effectively a brilliant move by the USA and it's allies as it created permanent instability in the region allowing America to negotiate ridiculous deals for oil from countries who now needed the money to create armies to defend themselves from Israeli invasion or LoN/UN takeover.

That is one way of looking at it. Wrong but interesting.

What the league of Nations did is give the Jews back land that was rightfully theirs.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The problem is that the extremism has been apologized and excused for so long that it has grown to epic proportions.

An aircraft carrier is not extreme? Don't you fool yourself, you got the money you can buy the extreme and move yourstuff up the chain. ICBMs pointed at our heads, that's extreme, x military personel working the conflict zones is common extreme. If one got extreme about life would it still be extremism. You know what I mean herbal remedies, organic food, fresh air, hemp clothing.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Power. The religious leaders crave power and the uneducated masses tend to believe in superstition. Most probably those that crave power are becoming religious leaders not because they are believers but because of the power the position has in a society based on superstition.
Yep. Televangelists are a PRIME example of that.

Except it was Russia that initially supported Israel.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

Your comment is simply historical revisionism. The oil deals were all in place before the creation of Israel. In fact some of them go back to the 1920s. As for the vote in the UN, the creation of Israel was even approved by the USSR which could hardly be considered a US ally.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

I may agree with the former, but certainly not the latter. Unfortunately, there should be more Israel's in the ME and not just one. Likely be a better outcome for the world as a whole. Unfortunately, you have dictators who don't want to give up their power and wealth to the peons and the US has been instrumental in supporting a lot of them.

Israel was created because they deserved to have their own homeland. For a stinking little piece of land, you'd think that they were given the entire ME!! The jealously of the Palestinians and others because Israel was able to make the desert into a wonderful garden just pisses them off.

Look what the Palestinians did when Israel was forced to gave back Gaza. The Palestinians literally destroyed everything the Jewish state had developed. Rather than take advantage of what was left behind, they destroyed it and now it's nothing but desert. Bunch of cowards, idiots and lazy asses as far as I can see. They have yet proved to me that they deserve a state. Start doing something constructive and then maybe I'll change my mind.

People need to get over the fact that Israel exits and start doing something constructive for themselves. Unfortunately, it'll never happen because the vast majority of those living in the ME are uneducated and brain-washed. That's how the dictators keep control over the population. How does the world reverse that?

JMHO

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Your comment is simply historical revisionism. The oil deals were all in place before the creation of Israel. In fact some of them go back to the 1920s. As for the vote in the UN, the creation of Israel was even approved by the USSR which could hardly be considered a US ally.

Yeah but the narrative and such.

Wow... I forgot how nuts you were. Thanks for reminding me.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The only 'moderate' form of Islam is that which has been contaminated by Western (Christian) influence. True Islam is reflected in ISIS and other literal exponents of the Koran. It has been such since Islam surged out of the desert as a force of conquest.. as opposed to evangelization.. in the 7th Century.. it is today.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
The only 'moderate' form of Islam is that which has been contaminated by Western (Christian) influence. True Islam is reflected in ISIS and other literal exponents of the Koran. It has been such since Islam surged out of the desert as a force of conquest.. as opposed to evangelization.. in the 7th Century.. it is today.

Sounds like the Old Testament of the Bible. You won't find a more hate-filled piece of writing anywhere.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Just brushing up on my history and came across this interesting tid bit.

"The Ottomans, left as the major Muslim rivals of Byzantium, attracted masses of nomads and urban unemployed who were roaming through the Middle East searching for means to gain their livelihoods and seeking to fulfill their religious desire to expand the territory of Islam."