Thanks As Always Canada

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Firecat is actually a refitted Navy vet - an old Grumman Tracker. She needs land to load, and an airport or handy landing strip isn't always close.

CL 415 is Canadian - all Canadian, They call her the Super Scooper because she'll scoop 10000 litres in about 12 seconds from a close-by lake or reservoir, then drop it right where it's needed.

Mars is a fifty year old US Navy warbird. The veteran loads 27000 litres from much bigger lakes. A true giant among bombers. Only three of her breed remain.

Wolf

Last edited:

Northboy

Electoral Member
Northboy

You no doubt appreciate the value in our times of a good neighbor and friend - these relationships should be nurtured for the benefit of all. When I see it being played out it affirms my belief there
is hope and if Canada and the U.S. cannot work together, there is little hope for the future.

It is troubling how soon we forget...

But it is gratifying to see how quickly we remember..

Reciprocity leads to Peace and the Practise of it brings Great Honour..

By the Grace of God, humbly I pray,

Let the healing begin.....

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Firecat is actually a refitted Navy vet - an old Grumman Tracker. She needs land to load, and an airport or handy landing strip isn't always close.

CL 415 is Canadian - all Canadian, They call her the Super Scooper because she'll scoop 10000 litres in about 12 seconds from a close-by lake or reservoir, then drop it right where it's needed.

Mars is a fifty year old US Navy warbird. The veteran loads 27000 litres from much bigger lakes. A true giant among bombers. Only three of her breed remain.

Wolf
Thats true Wolf but it can get into places the mars can't .I've seen these planes in action and they dump ther loads with the precision of laser guided bombs .They are the work horses of the BC fleet in the summer here .the Mars usually are lefting sitting at the docks .These planes contain or stop the fire before it gets out of control ;-)

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario
And I'm just hearing now on Breakfast Television that arson is suspected in two of the fires. How could anyone possibly do something like this on purpose? My god!

As for paying for the planes, let's get the fires out first and worry about settling up later.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Juan

What a shame you have such a rigid view of this situation. I am pleased you are in the minority because the people down here are grateful for any assistance, 'under contract' or otherwise. You make saying 'thank you' seem rather ugly and rotten inside.

That's the second topic I've written on you've managed to get snarly over... lighten up eh?

Curio
You are not posting in a vacuum. I posted that article to show other sides of the story including the side of those Americans who are still opposed to the Canadian "Super Scoopers". Nobody was being snarly, but now that you mention it, I'm sure the Canadians will be happy when the bill is paid.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Sometimes I wonder if opposition to the Super Scoopers is they get the job done too fast. It's happened around here where volunteer (read: wannabe) fire services have set fires so they could earn some coin. I won't say that's the situation there, but the lust for cash isn't area specific. A lot of money changes hands in every emergency. The guys who are always there seem to be the ones who catch the fewest drips.

Wolf

EDIT: Then, sometimes there is the old envy that arises when the best piece of apparatus isn't something you have on hand.... To make a long story short, thanks are graciously accepted and the other we just call good-intentioned rivalry. No offence taken.

Last edited:

Toro

Senate Member

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
At least you're not still faking it by using the Canadian flag while carrying your American flag guitar.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Good one Toro

That is my favorite symbolic picture but I've never had the guts to post it anywhere....it has a tendency to disturb bigots everywhere.

Appreciate you did.

Last edited:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Juan I hate to tell you this..... but.....

You sound more and more like those nutty weird republicans from the southern states with your flaming patriotism. Must be one of those 'catching' afflictions.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

You sound more and more like those nutty weird republicans from the southern states with your flaming patriotism. Must be one of those 'catching' afflictions.

Never fear Dizzy...er...Curio. I've read your hysterical tirades about anti-Americanism for at least ten years now. While I have American friends and many of my relatives are American, I don't believe "America", the country, does anything not in their own best interests.....A lot like any other country in the world....Nothing special...

PS.....I am a Canadian patriot....I never hide that...

Northboy

Electoral Member

Its the "French" in them mixed with the Spirit of Mexico...

You know the US anthem tells it all....

The "Rockets red glare"---The rockets were British...

The Flag will be standing there....

Or more correctly English..

Now in the current world circumstance Canadian...