Tell me this isn't wrong!!!!!

Should the Resturant be Boycotted?

• Total voters

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Just about all housekeeping jobs here are foreign workers. The Govt pays half their salaries so why wouldn't the hotels and motels hire them first? (that and most Canadians think that job is 'below them' is also a factor)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Just about all housekeeping jobs here are foreign workers. The Govt pays half their salaries so why wouldn't the hotels and motels hire them first? (that and most Canadians think that job is 'below them' is also a factor)

The Govt doesn't pay f-ck all. Where did you get that ridiculous idea?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
so then no problem because they can't find Canadians to do the jobs, this is about jobs that Canadians are currently doing and then losing to temp workers who won't be temp but will remain here working for ever under the guise of temp...down the road they will open for terrible abuse because their jobs are tied to their employers...it's a mess and we'd best fix it right now.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
it's a mind set ES (although I get what you are saying I do not agree with your perspective)

...the people I despise are those who want to keep people down in subtle or not so subtle ways...I want things to be fair...that is not a political bent but a mind set...and it's not about a political party or left leaning or right leaning... right is right and wrong is wrong...this issue is about our rights as Canadians to be able to support ourselves via employment.

That's what conservatives and many in the GOP are fighting for. Most especially the Tea Party. They aren't anti-people as you (politely) called them.

But shouting about rights of Canadians... Canadian jobs for Canadians first... well those are the same sentiments that conservatives call for down in the US. To which we are oft times labeled as racists and cruel.

It's about an employer taking unfair advantage of a procedure that was meant to help them to run their business but not take an unfair advantage of current employees.

It sure is. And now they have employees that will work more for less and complain less. $$$$$$

So how can I sound like the people I despise? Fair is just fair and here it is quite black and white.

Because you do! Fair is fair and it is black and white. But nevertheless that type of talk is attacked unfairly as being racist.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Canadians are Liberal in the true sense. Open index for anything reasonable no matter what the issue.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
so then no problem because they can't find Canadians to do the jobs,

Damn... you people are just being born again.

ICE raided meat plants all over the mid-west a few years back. Rounding up all illegal aliens. They were doing jobs Americans didn't want to do. However when the company had to hire US Citizens to stay afloat... the lines stretched forever for Americans trying to get these jobs.

this is about jobs that Canadians are currently doing and then losing to temp workers who won't be temp but will remain here working for ever under the guise of temp

That is TRUE! Temp workers... LOL. Fat chance!

...down the road they will open for terrible abuse because their jobs are tied to their employers...it's a mess and we'd best fix it right now.

Yes you better fix it and hope it is not too late!

I'm not picking on you Sal. I feel your pain and frustration.

I bid you Welcome!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
ICE raided meat plants all over the mid-west a few years back. Rounding up all illegal aliens. They were doing jobs Americans didn't want to do. However when the company had to hire US Citizens to stay afloat... the lines stretched forever for Americans trying to get these jobs.
Slave alien labour is what gives us the extra spending money we all love dearly.

If illegal aliens were all rounded up or paid minimum wage, your grocery bill would quadruple the day after. How well would that go over?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

I would hazard a guess that it's the wages that are below them. Or rather they can't live on those wages.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And just last week we heard McDonald's in Canada is importing labor and putting them up in apartments with other imported labor and back charging their employees for rent.

Just like the Coal Mine towns of 1920s Pennsylvania.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
And just last week we heard McDonald's in Canada is importing labor and putting them up in apartments with other imported labor and back charging their employees for rent.

Not just any apartment either. A penthouse. What was the thought process on that?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I wonder how many they can fit in that?

Too many to keep the Belize workers continuing to believe they've "arrived". Seems McD's picked a country with a population that has some awareness of their self worth and wasn't going to be abused and sold into slavery.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Oh, O.K. I hadn't heard the employer's response! -:)

The employers response was clear as a bell on the ROE.

They were charged the going rate for rent and utilities. $12 an hour pay is 20% higher than minimum wage.

A Canadian paid the same rate would live alone after getting rent supplements from the Gov.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
The employers response was clear as a bell on the ROE.

They were charged the going rate for rent and utilities. $12 an hour pay is 20% higher than minimum wage.

A Canadian paid the same rate would live alone after getting rent supplements from the Gov.

take home is $1660/month IF no CCP, or EI is deducted. That's not much. Specially if you're hoping to send some home to your family pay your rent, phone, utilities, food, clothes, tranportation.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
take home is $1660/month IF no CCP, or EI is deducted. That's not much. Specially if you're hoping to send some home to your family pay your rent, phone, utilities, food, clothes, tranportation.

TFWs don't pay into pogey or CPP because they can't collect it. They do get all the other benefits Canadians do like getting a health card.

$12 an hour is a lot better than minimum is it not?

They pay TFWs $13 in SK for Mc D's. Is that too little too?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
TFWs don't pay into pogey or CPP because they can't collect it. They do get all the other benefits Canadians do like getting a health card.

$12 an hour is a lot better than minimum is it not?

They pay TFWs $13 in SK for Mc D's. Is that too little too?

too little for what?

I'm seeing Toronto MCD's advertising $9-12 depending on position and I'd assume experience.

Last edited: