Tell me this isn't wrong!!!!!

Should the Resturant be Boycotted?

• Total voters

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Maybe the money being paid to apply for Temp Foreign Workers should have gone to the wages of Canadians. Maybe if they paid a living wage then they could find people to work these jobs. Why should a company expect Canadians to support them if they won't support Canadians?

You hit the nail on the head, Twila!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
You'd never know how many Tea Partiers are up there in Canada when stuff like this happens.
We learned all about tea from the Queen. If you come to Victoria I will take you to the Empress for tea and crumpets.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Maybe the money being paid to apply for Temp Foreign Workers should have gone to the wages of Canadians. Maybe if they paid a living wage then they could find people to work these jobs. Why should a company expect Canadians to support them if they won't support Canadians?
Maybe if they didn't lay the Canadian employee off to hire the temporary foreign worker there wouldn't be a problem .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
We learned all about tea from the Queen. If you come to Victoria I will take you to the Empress for tea and crumpets.
Is that tiger still hanging on the wall in the Bombay Room ?
The last bastion of the British Empire , and the forefront of the eco friendly . Victoria .

But both groups still pipe their sh-t untreated into the sea .

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I dare say this type of talk calls tolerance, welcoming, and inclusiveness into question.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I dare say this type of talk calls tolerance, welcoming, and inclusiveness into question.
nope, once they become Canadian we will defend their right to work over those coming in behind them...we are super tolerant, and welcoming and inclusive but don't s hit on us or we get super snarly.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Maybe if they didn't lay the Canadian employee off to hire the temporary foreign worker there wouldn't be a problem .

agreed. There are stories saying employees have been laid off or aren't being given the hours and some of these business say they can't find workers for these positions. But they won't raise the wage...

If they can't find workers and they won't raise the wage, how can these temporary foreign workers be temporary? What's going to change 4-6-8 months from now?

I see a bigger story coming to light shortly.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
nope, once they become Canadian we will defend their right to work over those coming in behind them...we are super tolerant, and welcoming and inclusive but don't s hit on us or we get super snarly.

That is what we conservatives say. Come here legally and become citizens, etc. We are branded racist and intolerant.

I dare say Sal... you sound very... Republican!

yup, temporary my a rse

VERY Republican!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is that tiger still hanging on the wall in the Bombay Room ?
The last bastion of the British Empire , and the forefront of the eco friendly . Victoria .

But both groups still pipe their sh-t untreated into the sea .
A lay off is only a lay off if there is a shortage of work or it's seasonal.

Any other reason is a dismissal.

Since there wasn't a work shortage these ladies weren't laid off but dismissed.

This is going to cost the restaurant owner everything.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
A lay off is only a lay off if there is a shortage of work or it's seasonal.

Any other reason is a dismissal.

Since there wasn't a work shortage these ladies weren't laid off but dismissed.

This is going to cost the restaurant owner everything.

As it should!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
That is what we conservatives say. Come here legally and become citizens, etc. We are branded racist and intolerant.

I dare say Sal... you sound very... Republican!

VERY Republican!
lol...yeah that's cool, you associate doing the right thing with a party...here, right now, we don't associate it with a party... it's just about doing the right thing for Canadians

libs Cons NDp...doesn't matter, right is right in situations which endanger Canadians

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Maybe after we've heard all the details. "Innocent until proven guilty" -:)

You may be one of the last libs left JLM. That is what US Libs say and simply wait till people forget allowing this to happen more and more until the problem is so vast and common there is not a thing you can do about it.

lol...yeah that's cool, you associate doing the right thing with a party...here, right now, we don't associate it with a party... it's just about doing the right thing for Canadians

libs Cons NDp...doesn't matter, right is right in situations which endanger Canadians

I'm just saying Sal... you sound VERY much like the people you despise per se.

Canadian jobs could very much be in danger for sure if this keeps up.

Canadians are a lot more right than they like to let on. And it takes events like this to show it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You may be one of the last libs left JLM. That is what US Libs say and simply wait till people forget allowing this to happen more and more until the problem is so vast and common there is not a thing you can do about it.

I'm just saying Sal... you sound VERY much like the people you despise per se.

Canadian jobs could very much be in danger for sure if this keeps up.

Canadians are a lot more right than they like to let on. And it takes events like this to show it.
it's a mind set ES (although I get what you are saying I do not agree with your perspective)

...the people I despise are those who want to keep people down in subtle or not so subtle ways...I want things to be fair...that is not a political bent but a mind set...and it's not about a political party or left leaning or right leaning... right is right and wrong is wrong...this issue is about our rights as Canadians to be able to support ourselves via employment.

It's about an employer taking unfair advantage of a procedure that was meant to help them to run their business but not take an unfair advantage of current employees.

So how can I sound like the people I despise? Fair is just fair and here it is quite black and white.