Ted Cruz Tells NASA to Stop Worrying About Climate Change and Focus on Space

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
hey now, there's a novel idea.

March 12, 2015 Ted Cruz and Charles Bolden would probably agree that the core of the Earth is a mass of molten metal as hot as the sun. But as for the core of NASA's mission, the senator from Texas and the former astronaut split ways.

Since taking the chairmanship of the Senate Space, Science, and Competitiveness Subcommittee this year, Cruz has been pushing the agency to adopt a "more space, less Earth" strategy. The Republican lawmaker argues that the Obama administration is wrongfully neglecting the country's space exploration operations—like potential missions to Mars and beyond—in favor of global-warming research. And he wants to know if Bolden, NASA's administrator, thinks so, too.

"I'd like to start by asking a general question," said Cruz on Thursday during a subcommittee hearing on the president's $18.5 billion budget request for NASA for fiscal 2016, which allocates considerable funding for Earth- and ocean-science projects. "In your judgment, what is the core mission of NASA?"

more

Ted Cruz Tells NASA to Stop Worrying About Climate Change and Focus on Space - NationalJournal.com

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Good grief...

"We can't go anywhere if the Kennedy Space Center goes underwater and we don't know it—and that's understanding our environment," Bolden said, alluding to the risk that climate change poses to the low-elevation state of Florida.

Why is this guy in charge of NASA?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Because the ocean is invading downtown Miami during high tide. The ocean is rising whether deniers believe it or not and Florida is a prime target of rising tides.

Nothing to see here folks. You can stick your heads back up your butts now. Nothing to worry about.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
have they stopped that take a muslim to work thing they were tasked by barry with yet?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If NASA focuses on subjects outside of space exploration it shouldn't exist.

Can't say I disagree. Perhaps that is just the way it is.

The once great NASA, the organization that put men on the moon using a slide rule and a chalkboard.

NASA...The organization that once led the world in space exploration are reduced to hitching rides on Russian space craft while devoting more and more of their funds to alarmists research to appease the ecotards. Meanwhile the Russians, Chinese (and soon India) is leaving the US behind in their rocket exhausts.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California

The once great NASA, the organization that put men on the moon using a slide rule and a chalkboard.

NASA...The organization that once led the world in space exploration are reduced to hitching rides on Russian space craft while devoting more and more of their funds to alarmists research to appease the ecotards. Meanwhile the Russians, Chinese (and soon India) is leaving the US behind in their rocket exhausts.

Do you remember the excitement that swept the nation when Neil Armstrong set foot on the Moon? We were so proud to be Americans. I miss that America.

Now NASA is as exciting as the Dept. of Weights and Measures. If they don't focus on space exploration the agency should be defunded and the monies diverted to habitat restoration for the Western Snowy Plover or maybe beer and pizza parties.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
That should be the NAEA funding for that. NASA should be for space exploration.

Let us at least hope those nations have purchased their Carbon Credits for those rockets.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Do you remember the excitement that swept the nation when Neil Armstrong set foot on the Moon? We were so proud to be Americans. I miss that America.

Now NASA is as exciting as the Dept. of Weights and Measures. If they don't focus on space exploration the agency should be defunded and the monies diverted to habitat restoration for the Western Snowy Plover or maybe beer and pizza parties.

I can't say I disagree there either. If NASA has become simply another mouthpiece for the alarmists the money could be better used diverted towards the National Park Service.

The NPS is probably the only government entity that gives the people any sort of pride and happiness. Which of course is why the Administration immediately went to shutting down all parks and setting up barriers to outside monuments in Washington DC during the government shut down last year.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Retard ****s, NASA gets no funding at all today. Their budget is minuscule. They got to the moon because MURICA wanted to get their before Russia and gave a ****load of funding to NASA so they can jackoff into their own mouths about how they got their first over the russians.

If NASA scientifically proves my retarded beliefs wrong and makes me look like the mental midget I am, they should not exist anymore

Fixed

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Retard ****s, NASA gets no funding at all today. Their budget is minuscule. They got to the moon because MURICA wanted to get their before Russia and gave a ****load of funding to NASA so they can jackoff into their own mouths about how they got their first over the russians.

Fixed

What's up with all the reds from you? Does it mean we're aren't friends any more? I don't know how I could go on if we weren't friends any more.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Where the heck does NASA get off using earth observation satellites to observe the earth? I say no more weather observations! No more mineral and oil detection! Heck, for that matter, shut down NASA! The government has no business engaging in these activities. We need those tax dollars to buy the Army more helicopters it doesn't need, doesn't want, and can't afford to maintain.