Study examines best way for aliens to contact Earth

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Some folks believe aliens have been communicating with us for centuries...........we just haven't figured out what they are tying to tell us. ;-)

Oh that's easy. They say get your s hit together before you come lookin for us.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I had one as a bipolar, multisexual, self slaking alien lover. Who put the bot in the bot she bot?

It was a hoot watching him/her change from Conservative wild thing to quasi-religious Liberal self flaggellator and finally into hot Newish Democratical sexual labour enforcer!

The whip knows no politics, human! Your buttocks will melt as I flog your nether regions and wrap you in leather! Feel the sweet, sweet kiss of the lash and stand in awe of an alien sunset!

It was sort of a 'Lady Chatterly's Alien Lover' thing.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Crop circles are one of the things which make me proud to be British, along with the Queen, Churchill, Only Fools and Horses, Blackadder, the red telephone box, Big Ben, fish and chips, the mini skirt, PG Tips, the Spitfire and the Aston Martin CX75.

It was sort of a 'Lady Chatterly's Alien Lover' thing.

Is that the kind of book you would wish your wife or servants to read?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
There is no "best" way to this situation at the moment.

If they made contact with us in any fashion, the majority of humans would try to kill them, because of fear or whatever.... Id try and kill them too, to be honest and im not sure why. A lot of people reading this would try also.

The best way for aliens to contact Earth is to wait another 100 years at the minimum.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Searching for aliens who already know we're here | Astronomy.com

Astronomers suggest that future searches focus on that part of the sky in which distant observers can notice the yearly transit of Earth in front of the Sun.

They suggest that future searches focus on that part of the sky in which distant observers can notice the yearly transit of Earth in front of the Sun.

This strategy reduces the region that needs to be searched to about two thousandths of the sky, drastically reducing the amount of data to be analyzed.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
How do you know they are communicating with us specifically? They could just be sending messages out hoping that someone, somewhere, will receive them. They could be sending messages out in lots of different directions at random hoping for some to be received, and some of those messages could just happen to reach Earth.
So they would be doing exactly the same thing humans on earth are...

I personally have to wonder just how those conducting the study plan to get the results to the aliens so they can then contact us.

I'd like to meet the little Martian with the big helmet who's on the Bugs Bunny cartoon

His name is Marvin and he is the coolest looney tunes character ever