Still have lots of turkey left?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We had a fourteen pound turkey for Thanksgiving and four people didn't eat more than a half of one breast and
one drumstick. Last night we had the first left over turkey meal. We still had plenty of turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes,
yams, etc., so it was pretty much a copy of our thanksgiving meal. Tonight we are having a few friends over
to help us get rid of the bird. After three days I will have had about enough turkey. I will put all the bones in a big stock
pot and they will simmer for a day or so and the stock will be used for future stews and soups.

No more turkey until Christmas.....:smile:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Yesterday right directly after pushing the seconds on turkey squash sweet tatoes etc I was compelled to devour a slab of pumpkin pie hidden under a mound of whipped cream mightily did I toil to swallow the last half fork full whereupon I immeadiately gained a horizontal attitude completely and lustily devoured by spasms of digestive wet dreams.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I have turkey and brie on homemade bread, toasting as I type this. Once all warm and melty, I'll add cranberry sauce. Mmmm.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Our Thanksgiving dinner was on Monday. Jenny cooked 2 birds, one 15 pounder and a 22 pounder, mashed potatoes, gravy, her special stuffing, stuffed spaghetti squash, yams, steamed broccoli with butter, corn, tray buns, and cranberry sauce. Desert, pumpkin or apple pie with icecream or whipped cream. 10 people at the table and we still have lots left over. 2 big pots of bones etc for her famous turkey soup. I am sooooooooooooo gonna be gaining back what I have lost. ;)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
All the family had their own plans this year, so we had planned to have a roast chicken, dressing, cranberrry, etc., just the two of us......

Oven element burned out. I couldn't make this up.

So, t'was chicken in a pot on top of the stove, stove top dressing, cut up the sweet potatoes and cooked them in the toaster oven.

we struggled through...............:roll:

Pre-cooked pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Made chicken fried rice with the left overs.

If that's hard times, I'll have some more, please sir.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Our Thanksgiving dinner was on Monday. Jenny cooked 2 birds, one 15 pounder and a 22 pounder, mashed potatoes, gravy, her special stuffing, stuffed spaghetti squash, yams, steamed broccoli with butter, corn, tray buns, and cranberry sauce. Desert, pumpkin or apple pie with icecream or whipped cream. 10 people at the table and we still have lots left over. 2 big pots of bones etc for her famous turkey soup. I am sooooooooooooo gonna be gaining back what I have lost. ;)

That's so funny, it's almost exactly what my daughter said on Monday. She's lost a lot of weight recently and needs to get back up to a healthier weight. She had 2 plates and 2 servings of pie. She looked at me afterwards and said "I think I've eaten my way up to a healthy weight now". Lol.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
All the family had their own plans this year, so we had planned to have a roast chicken, dressing, cranberrry, etc., just the two of us......

Oven element burned out. I couldn't make this up.

So, t'was chicken in a pot on top of the stove, stove top dressing, cut up the sweet potatoes and cooked them in the toaster oven.

we struggled through...............:roll:

Pre-cooked pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

Made chicken fried rice with the left overs.

If that's hard times, I'll have some more, please sir.

I think I heard that story in double aught seven or maybe eight

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Had the first meal on Sunday. Ham, turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, bean salad, coleslaw, bun, squash, peas & carrots. Pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert.

Had some more last night.

Had some more tonight, but had corn instead of peas & carrots. Ohhhhh, I'm sooooo stuffed!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Had the first meal on Sunday. Ham, turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, bean salad, coleslaw, bun, squash, peas & carrots. Pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert.

Had some more last night.

Had some more tonight, but had corn instead of peas & carrots. Ohhhhh, I'm sooooo stuffed!

You know, I always enjoy the leftovers meal better than on the 'big day'. I think it's just so freaking tiring making such a big meal, I'm too pooped out to enjoy the fruits of my labours, lol.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
You know, I always enjoy the leftovers meal better than on the 'big day'. I think it's just so freaking tiring making such a big meal, I'm too pooped out to enjoy the fruits of my labours, lol.

The only labour I had to worry about that day was lifting the utensils to my eager mouth!;) LOL!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I'm looking forward to the turkey pot pies. I've been wanting some lately anyway. Yum!

Going to go a different route for the next big holiday though. Going for the Turducken!

Better make some for me...but not ones made by Leviathans!;)

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Try Broccoli with Mayonaise. I have NEVER gotten tired of eating roast Turkey. There are so many ways you can fix it.

But nothing is better that a Turkey sandwich, no matter how you make it!

Last year, we had a wild Turkey (No, not the liquid type). Very, very different from the farm raised birds!