Stephen Harper’s anti-niqab rhetoric helps terrorist recruiters

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What is it that people have against the law?

Why is it so difficult for people to accept our justice system in this country?

Earlier this month, a Federal Court judge ruled that a portion of the law requiring would-be citizens to remove their face coverings while taking the oath of citizenship was unlawful.

Trudeau: Harper's Rationale For Appeal Of Niqab Ruling Unjustified

No where does it say that there is a law, on the books, that states that a niqab may be worn during a citizenship oath. If you know of one, please cite that law with a link. The Federal Court judge has made a ruling. We have every right to appeal that ruling, and it wouldn't be the first time that the SC over turns a lower courts decision.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Hey if this is all they needed to push them to radicalize then I'm happy Harper did it. Let help traitors be overt about their stance.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
A full bushy beard is a face covering. Shave it off and you would not recognize the person. Should bearded man have to shave when taking the oath? Seems like a double standard. But that is what seems to be the norm with thsi government. Harpo is just drumming up Islamophobes to justify war in the middle east.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
'Niqab ban' returns as Conservative bill planned for Parliament's final days

With just days to go before Parliament rises for the summer — and MPs shift into election campaign mode — Multiculturalism Minister Tim Uppal says the Harper government has a last-minute bill coming to ban face coverings at citizenship ceremonies.

The Quebec government introduced legislation Wednesday to enshrine religious neutrality in provincial institutions, including a requirement for people giving or receiving provincial government services to have their faces uncovered. The law would mean some Muslim women, for example, could not choose to wear their niqabs in this context.

"We broadly support Quebec's legislation regarding the uncovering of faces for giving and receiving public services," Uppal told reporters after the Conservative caucus met on Parliament Hill.

"Our government will be moving forward in the coming days with legislation with respect to the face coverings at citizenship ceremonies, and we will consider what other measures may be necessary," the minister said.

...more...

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/politics/n...planned-for-parliament-s-final-days-1.3107975

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

huh...and I thought you'd be able to take criticism like a man.

Yeah I figured he would be able to handle the heat, after all he is considered the BEST debater according to Waldo and MapleLeaf Forums..

Waldo said:
Seeing as you are without a doubt the best debater on this forum, I thought I would give you another challenge.. or at least something to help pass the time, lol.

You're prolly a busy guy, but I think your perspective can be used on another forum:
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/
It has a nice mix of contributors from all sides of the polit...

source: http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/user/11189-mentalfloss/

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Harper doesn't care if he pushes more people into jihadist groups. He doesn't want to stop Islamic terrorism. He wants to kill. He wants to feel like a tough guy and a holy ideological warrior killing the enemy. He needs the enemy. Division and violence is the product he sells.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Harper doesn't care if he pushes more people into jihadist groups. He doesn't want to stop Islamic terrorism. He wants to kill. He wants to feel like a tough guy and a holy ideological warrior killing the enemy. He needs the enemy. Division and violence is the product he sells.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Yes and Justin Trudeau wants to allow the trojan horse to enter the country..

Still say the Liberals are the biggest hypocrites on the face of the earth.. they want equal rights for the LGBT community, Gay marriage.. (which should be a no brainer).

Yet on the other hand they are all in love with Islam a religion that persecutes Gays and in many countries kills them.

Islam is a backward religion that prides itself in deceit, and trickery. It's a violent religion that is more cultish than religious. Women are treated as property in many Islamic countries, and can be stoned or killed if Raped!!

This is a religion, NO, this is an ideology equal to Nazism that needs to be put in check and watched.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
To be clear I will not be voting for Harper in the election that being said I support his
view on this one. If it makes peace loving Muslims easy to recruit when we have
soldiers in the field fighting ISIS it proves those people were not good citizens anyway.
In fact they should face prosecution for treason Support for the enemy while we are
fighting that same enemy is treason not choice.
Those who support treason should be deported if they are citizens prosecute them

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yes and that is exactly why you should watch what you post .You do realize you are being watched and considered for those death lists .