Spotify to remove Neil Young's music after complaint over Joe Rogan

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
He did as he chose with his property and associations.

How is that CommieNaziLibrul? I thought "conservatives" approved of freedom of property and freedom of association.

Yep. That's fine. He is perfectly free to threaten Spotify, and to follow through when they do not submit to his wishes.

And I (or anyone else) is perfectly free to call him a whackjob and an enemy of free speech for doing so.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yep. That's fine. He is perfectly free to threaten Spotify, and to follow through when they do not submit to his wishes.

And I (or anyone else) is perfectly free to call him a whackjob and an enemy of free speech for doing so.
You bet. But why bother, except to get in a circle-jerk?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I called up Crosby and I called up Nash
just to see if I could score some hash
Ohhhh ohhhh the damage done.
I got a hold of Steven Stills
just to see if he'd sell me some pills
Ohhhhh ohhhh the damage done.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

MyOpinion

Time Out
Dec 3, 2021
I called up Crosby and I called up Nash
just to see if I could score some hash
Ohhhh ohhhh the damage done.
I got a hold of Steven Stills
just to see if he'd sell me some pills
Ohhhhh ohhhh the damage done.
Ha, CSN&Y don't even like each other and are far too out of it to give anything LOL

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Only when the Liberals are in charge.
If you believe so . You would be incorrect as the last six years have been nothing but contemptible on both sides of the border . The establishment media , bureaucracy , big business and our political leadership are all sickening regardless which side of the isle they occupy . To many career politicians and lawyers sitting in the House of Commons for my tastes . Maybe you should run for office , put a D behind your name and you’re in .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If you believe so . You would be incorrect as the last six years have been nothing but contemptible on both sides of the border . The establishment media , bureaucracy , big business and our political leadership are all sickening regardless which side of the isle they occupy . To many career politicians and lawyers sitting in the House of Commons for my tastes . Maybe you should run for office , put a D behind your name and you’re in .
"D" for "Duh?"

Nope, somebody once said I should run for Congress. As I said at the time, I'd rather run FROM Congress.

So. . . whom do you think should be drafting legislation? Truck drivers?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
"D" for "Duh?"

Nope, somebody once said I should run for Congress. As I said at the time, I'd rather run FROM Congress.

So. . . whom do you think should be drafting legislation? Truck drivers?
How about people who don't give a fuck about ideology and actually understand the concept of common sense? Let me give you an example. The Port of Vancouver will no longer allow trucks over 10 yrs of age into the facility,, ya know, to appease the AGW gods. And yet this same port still allows ships that are 20-30 years old and belching clag from their bunker fuel burning engines to enter the port on a daily basis.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Neil Young's voice sounds like an injured cat on helium.

Hey!

I like Neil Young partly because I can sing along and not ruin the song. :)

BTW, during one of those ensemble charity celebrity sing-a-longs that were so popular a couple of decades ago, the person directing the singing accused Neil of being off-key. To which he replied "I'm Neil Young".

Of course he was off key.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
How about people who don't give a fuck about ideology and actually understand the concept of common sense? Let me give you an example. The Port of Vancouver will no longer allow trucks over 10 yrs of age into the facility,, ya know, to appease the AGW gods. And yet this same port still allows ships that are 20-30 years old and belching clag from their bunker fuel burning engines to enter the port on a daily basis.
Well, I'm not real big on so-called "common sense." Commons sense said airplanes can't fly and atom bombs won't explode.

I agreed with you on the Port of Vancouver, but do you understand that if your goal is to reduce pollution or greenhouse gases, you don't need to go after every source at the same time?