Some of my photos

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I like the first picture, especially how it seems to almost be a mixture of black & white with spots of colour interspersed amongst it. The ferris wheel, full of colour, really contrasts the starkness of the surrounding trees. Very nice pictures, Durka.:)

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Not what you see on the Toronto tourist pamphlets:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
At least on the ones we see, immigration might use it for an overseas ad on why you shouldn't come.

Are these all 'in camera' shots or do you edit them and then post? Do you have any clearly altered shots (ie insert palm tree and everybody cheers up done as very blatant and the one that is a subliminal message (a pointed out one)

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
A sure sign that spring has arrived, Cherry Blossoms. I took these two shots at High Park, Toronto. There was literally thousands of people there looking at blossoms.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Keep them coming, DurkaDurka, they are beautiful. Sadly, here, in Winnipeg, we still have long way to go before we see blossoms like those in your pictures.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Keep them coming, DurkaDurka, they are beautiful. Sadly, here, in Winnipeg, we still have long way to go before we see blossoms like those in your pictures.

Thanks, YukonJack. Spring has been pretty crappy here was well, the Cherry Blossoms bloomed about 2 weeks later then they usually do.

sweetsymphony

May 13, 2011
I took some great shots of the Cherry Trees Monday, I noticed today they are already beginning to fall. :(

Those Movie set pics are amazingly creepy.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I took some great shots of the Cherry Trees Monday, I noticed today they are already beginning to fall. :(

Those Movie set pics are amazingly creepy.

Yeah, the blossom don't stay around long, some of the tree's were begining to lose their blossoms when I was at High Park on Wed.

Yeah, the photos kinda suited the movie that was being shot (Silent Hill-Horror Movie). It was being shot at Cherry Beach, you're probably familiar with the area

sweetsymphony

May 13, 2011
yeah..good old Cherry Beach..one beach you definitely don't want to walk around barefoot..for many reasons lol
I might just have to go down there soon and check out some movie sets, very cool.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Some very cool pics Durka. Looks like you have quite a high quality camera.

Here are a few of mine from the west coast around Tofino.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Nice pics Durka (and Nick too).

Please post more - nature stuff is nice too.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Some very cool pics Durka. Looks like you have quite a high quality camera.

Here are a few of mine from the west coast around Tofino.

Thanks Nick, I shoot with a Canon 50D (15 megapixel yadayada)

Those are awesome, Nick. Love the lack of light pollution our your way. Also, Toffino is awesome, went surfing out there a few years back.

Late night on Queen Street West, Toronto.

This is as close to a nature shot as you can get in Toronto. High Park pond.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
My favorite is one you took in an old power plant (or something like one). Please excuse my
ignorance on the topic, but I think you took three pictures at different light levels & somehow
merged them. However it was done....it's way cool!!!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
My favorite is one you took in an old power plant (or something like one). Please excuse my
ignorance on the topic, but I think you took three pictures at different light levels & somehow
merged them. However it was done....it's way cool!!!

Yeah, that was a High Dynamic Range (HDR) shot. Basically you shoot one under exposed, exposed and over exposed. Then using HDR software, it takes the shadows, highlights and mid tones from the three, and combines into one, allowing a greater dynamic range of colour, tones etc

Ron, this shot is from the same Power Plant, also an HDR photo:

This shot is going out to Mentalfloss as I know he holds great admiration for Rob Ford:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Thanks Nick, I shoot with a Canon 50D (15 megapixel yadayada)

Those are awesome, Nick. Love the lack of light pollution our your way. Also, Toffino is awesome, went surfing out there a few years back.

Late night on Queen Street West, Toronto.

This is as close to a nature shot as you can get in Toronto. High Park pond.

You must like the one with the surfers in the snow then. I will try to dig out a few more. Can you tell me how to embed them instead of attaching them?