Shark in Lake Ont. ! ?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Got this off "The Loop", which is sometimes loopy, so grain of salt.

Supposed to be a Bull Shark, which can live in fresh water, and one of the breeds which also likes to eat people.........Hey, I didn't write it.8Ohttp://www.theloop.ca/be-afraid-theres-a-shark-in-lake-ontario-maybe/

Now there's a nice link...........not
sorry. google the gadam loop.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Got this off "The Loop", which is sometimes loopy, so grain of salt.

Supposed to be a Bull Shark, which can live in fresh water, and one of the breeds which also likes to eat people.........Hey, I didn't write it.8Ohttp://www.theloop.ca/be-afraid-theres-a-shark-in-lake-ontario-maybe/

Now there's a nice link...........not
sorry. google the gadam loop.

Be afraid: There’s a shark in Lake Ontario…maybe : The Loop

Mmm, yeah. Probably not a shark, lol.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Looks more like a porpoise to me. But what do I know?

Looks more like a porpoise to me. But what do I know?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
could be a shark but then it's not Lake On, could be Lake On, but then it's not a shark

endless possibilities

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Shark in Lake Ontario? Nope. Discovery Channel pranked us

Antonella Artuso, QMI Agency

Jul 16, 2014 , Last Updated: 4:33 PM ET

KINGSTON, Ont. — It was bull alright, but not of the shark variety.
A video of a what appeared to be a bull shark swimming off of Wolfe Island in Lake Ontario has been revealed to be a marketing ploy for Discovery’s Channel’s Shark Week and its sponsor Nissan Rogue.
“Discovery wants to quell the concerns of Canadians everywhere and reveal that the widely-circulated video of a shark swimming in Lake Ontario is, in fact, not a real shark,” a news release issued Wednesday says. “The video of the incredibly life-like prosthetic model shark is the first stage of a multi-level marketing campaign tied to the channel’s iconic summer event, Shark Week.”

Shark in Lake Ontario? Nope. Discovery Channel pranked us

LMAO! Shark Week Promo! :D

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I'm not so sure about a lot of lakes either. You used to be able to develop photographs in the chemicals from Toronto harbour and there's a lot of heavy metals in some of the lakes around here downwind of old smelters

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
In the 60s We met an oceanographer near Trenton who was studying the possibility of shark sightings in Lake Ontario. He said it was possible but he had yet to find any solid evidence. Who nose?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Trivia: the largest lake in the world by volume, not surface area, is Lake Bajkal in Russia. It's nowhere near as big as Lake Superior in area, but it's REALLY DEEP!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
In the 60s We met an oceanographer near Trenton who was studying the possibility of shark sightings in Lake Ontario. He said it was possible but he had yet to find any solid evidence. Who nose?

I think they have confirmed Greenland Sharks and Bull Sharks in the St Lawrence Seaway, and, let's be realistic, once you're up Kingston way (which is where the video originates supposedly) you're barely in Lake Ontario anyway.

Still it's an admitted marketing ploy from Discovery.

Don't forget to watch Shark Week.