Second Impeachment Underway

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Swift retribution.

How Trump's second impeachment will unfold

This time, with so few days to act -- and a feeling among Democrats that there is little need to investigate what happened, since most members of Congress heard Trump speak to his supporters and were in the Capitol when the mob broke in -- impeachment is going straight to the House floor for a vote, which would come as soon as Wednesday.

Once the House votes to impeach, the articles and evidence would be sent to the Senate, where a trial would be held and there would be final votes to convict or acquit. That's what the Senate did in early February of last year after Trump was impeached the first time.

Removing the media in this clip she speaks up out of a handful watching what would the percentage be that support Schumer's statement ;)

Reactions: Danbones

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Swift retribution.

How Trump's second impeachment will unfold

This time, with so few days to act -- and a feeling among Democrats that there is little need to investigate what happened, since most members of Congress heard Trump speak to his supporters and were in the Capitol when the mob broke in -- impeachment is going straight to the House floor for a vote, which would come as soon as Wednesday.

Once the House votes to impeach, the articles and evidence would be sent to the Senate, where a trial would be held and there would be final votes to convict or acquit. That's what the Senate did in early February of last year after Trump was impeached the first time.

In two years time after the Republicans take back the house and senate , will you be fine with the impeachment of Biden ?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Then after six years of investigation it will come to light that there was no intent other than that of the Democratic party to demonize Donald Trump. As he said "the greatest witch hunt in the history of the world"

All good for me. I live in Canada.
Just cross your fingers (& toes) that Trudeau doesn't decide to do the same thing here - he has already stated he wants tech companies to watch for "inappropriate speech" or he'll bring in regulations - tech companies have already complied in the States; he want's the "green new deal" not unlike what the Left has proposed in the States so our economy will be toast & everything has & will continue to rise in costs thus making Canadians poorer; he is subsidizing the Press which means we won't be getting the "facts" of what is happening behind the scenes & other than independent news media, no one will challenge his government for the decisions made or to be made. So I fear that what is happening in the States will be coming here as well.

It's already happening & will be getting worse unless we get rid of the Liberals. My fear is that despite him not handling the Covid crises very well, the MSM have been praising him when they should be taking him on and/or challenging his decisions; at his dragging his feet to get the vaccine and then the distribution in a timely fashion. People will forget that despite of the pandemic & the fact we weren't ready, we send PPE's to China rather than stockpile for Canadians & then we as a country are forced to purchase PPE's from China that end up being totally unusable so then have to scramble for whatever was left over from other countries. I could go on & on at his many failures but according to the MSM he was "on top" of everything which is blatantly false. Alas, we'll all pay for what is coming down the road. Just sayin'

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Pelosi Names Eric Swalwell As House Impeachment Manager​

Authored by Jonathan Turley,
Speaker Nancy Pelosi shocked many in Washington by appointing Eric Swalwell as a house managers in the impeachment of President Donald Trump as he continues to face calls for his removal from the House Intelligence Committee due to his alleged intimate relationship with a Chinese spy.
Swalwell has been hunkered down to avoid questions from the media and the public, but he will now be one of those prosecuting the case against the President

Also, please recall the EO I posted regarding china earlier:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
They voted in favour.

Time for a nap, wake me when the shitstorm hits.

BOOM! Top Dem Breaks Ranks, DASHES Pelosi’s Impeachment Dream With Brutal Fact She Will Not Accept​

Your answer is at about 1:05 or so...NOT ENOUGH VOTES!!!

Sh!tstorm?
:)
Looks like Trump has a Sum - brella.

• Wow

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Now ain't this a peach

Marine Corps. Rebukes Pelosi: “WE DON’T WORK FOR YOU!”

General David H. Berger, Commandant of the United States Marine Corps., refused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s request to use the Corps. to safeguard Biden’s Jan. 20 inauguration from Trump supporters and insurrectionists.

A Pentagon source speaking under promise of anonymity told Real Raw News that Pelosi contacted Gen. Berger late Monday night, and she beseeched him to commit 5,000 troops to help ensure a peaceful transition of power and to prevent a repeat of the Jan 6 siege of the Capitol. Gen. Berger, our source said, didn’t understand why Pelosi needed additional soldiers to augment an already impressive force assembled by federal and state officials. That force includes 15,000 National Guard from D.C., Delaware, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, and an undisclosed number of FBI and DHS agents who arrived in D.C. Sunday night.

Pelosi said she wanted “battle ready” reinforcements because “radicalized Trump
supporters and kooky Qanon conspiracy people” were about to converge on D.C. She implored him to reconsider, arguing that it was the general’s patriotic duty to quell uprisings and guarantee Biden’s ascension to the Oval Office.

Her statement made the general explode, our source said.

“Don’t lecture me on patriotism, Madam Speaker. I’ve served this country with distinction for 40 years. I’ve spilled blood for our nation. What have you, a self-serving elected official, done for your country?” Gen. Berger said.

Pelosi further enraged him by saying he was answerable to Congress.

“I answer only to the president, and as I understand it, Donald J. Trump is still president and commander-in-chief. I abide in the Constitution as it was written, not your interpretation of it,” Gen. Berger admonished Pelosi.

Quoting our source, “When her intimidation tactic failed to sway Gen. Berger, Pelosi tried a different tactic: Begging and flattery.”

Pelosi claimed that the National Guard’s “weekend warriors” were ill-prepared to repel an army of “mad Trumpists.” Battle-hardened marines, however, were more capable of defeating “rabble rousers,” she said. “You have the best trained soldiers in the world, and America needs them.”

Gen. Berger was unmoved. The only way Marines would be deployed, he told her, was if President Trump himself issued that order.

“If you want us to help combat his supporters, I suggest you get him on the phone and tell him that. If he orders me to, I will. Otherwise, I suggest you listen really hard to the words escaping your cracked, poisonous lips; they’re tantamount to treason,” Gen. Berger allegedly told her.

Reactions: Danbones

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Now ain't this a peach

Marine Corps. Rebukes Pelosi: “WE DON’T WORK FOR YOU!”

General David H. Berger, Commandant of the United States Marine Corps., refused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s request to use the Corps. to safeguard Biden’s Jan. 20 inauguration from Trump supporters and insurrectionists.

A Pentagon source speaking under promise of anonymity told Real Raw News that Pelosi contacted Gen. Berger late Monday night, and she beseeched him to commit 5,000 troops to help ensure a peaceful transition of power and to prevent a repeat of the Jan 6 siege of the Capitol. Gen. Berger, our source said, didn’t understand why Pelosi needed additional soldiers to augment an already impressive force assembled by federal and state officials. That force includes 15,000 National Guard from D.C., Delaware, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island, and an undisclosed number of FBI and DHS agents who arrived in D.C. Sunday night.

Pelosi said she wanted “battle ready” reinforcements because “radicalized Trump
supporters and kooky Qanon conspiracy people” were about to converge on D.C. She implored him to reconsider, arguing that it was the general’s patriotic duty to quell uprisings and guarantee Biden’s ascension to the Oval Office.

Her statement made the general explode, our source said.

“Don’t lecture me on patriotism, Madam Speaker. I’ve served this country with distinction for 40 years. I’ve spilled blood for our nation. What have you, a self-serving elected official, done for your country?” Gen. Berger said.

Pelosi further enraged him by saying he was answerable to Congress.

“I answer only to the president, and as I understand it, Donald J. Trump is still president and commander-in-chief. I abide in the Constitution as it was written, not your interpretation of it,” Gen. Berger admonished Pelosi.

Quoting our source, “When her intimidation tactic failed to sway Gen. Berger, Pelosi tried a different tactic: Begging and flattery.”

Pelosi claimed that the National Guard’s “weekend warriors” were ill-prepared to repel an army of “mad Trumpists.” Battle-hardened marines, however, were more capable of defeating “rabble rousers,” she said. “You have the best trained soldiers in the world, and America needs them.”

Gen. Berger was unmoved. The only way Marines would be deployed, he told her, was if President Trump himself issued that order.

“If you want us to help combat his supporters, I suggest you get him on the phone and tell him that. If he orders me to, I will. Otherwise, I suggest you listen really hard to the words escaping your cracked, poisonous lips; they’re tantamount to treason,” Gen. Berger allegedly told her.
The ghost of Smedley Butler strikes again!

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I mean I support gun freedoms in a place like Canada. Not in the retardnation of the US.
Uh huh. From your thread about Liberals full ban of handguns and semi-auto rifles this is how you prefaced your post.
"The horror! (for some deranged people on this forum)"

Yep, sure sounds like someone who supports gun freedoms in Canada. :unsure: Have you ever told the truth about anything?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Well they have impeached Trump for the second time in the House.. what about his kids future??

This is the Trump family speaking to supporters just hours before the deadly riot on Capitol Hill

Is this incitement or does it differ any from what other representatives have done in the past on the Democratic side??

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Well they have impeached Trump for the second time in the House.. what about his kids future??

This is the Trump family speaking to supporters just hours before the deadly riot on Capitol Hill

Is this incitement or does it differ any from what other representatives have done in the past on the Democratic side??

See post #109 Boomer.

"stay loud" is inciting to violence?

30 Great Cheers and Chants for Cheerleaders​

Table of Contents

S.M.H.

• Wow

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
  • Wow

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

McConnell Formally Rejects Calls for Early Start for Senate Impeachment Trial​

BY JANITA KAN

January 13, 2021 Updated: January 14, 2021
biggersmaller
Print
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said on Wednesday that the second impeachment trial for President Donald Trump would not begin until after President-elect Joe Biden has been sworn in next week.
His statement formally rejects calls imploring him to return the Senate to Washington early in order to begin the next stage of impeachment. This comes after the Democrat-controlled House voted to impeach Trump over a charge that the president incited an insurrection that resulted in the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.
“Given the rules, procedures, and Senate precedents that govern presidential impeachment trials, there is simply no chance that a fair or serious trial could conclude before President-elect Biden is sworn in next week. The Senate has held three presidential impeachment trials. They have lasted 83 days, 37 days, and 21 days respectively,” McConnell wrote in a statement following the impeachment vote.