Seal clubbing isn’t an Olympic event, is it?

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Bad news men. It's not only PETA. Looks like your Best Bud VP is bailing out.

Russia is moving to end its seal hunt, with Prime Minister Vladimir Putin calling it a "bloody industry."

Uh, yeah, so we should believe the leader of a country like that, okay, yes, thallium is far less bloody than the hakapik.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
I don't know if it was here or on a news forum I read that someone was living in Nfld at the time Macartny and his wife came to protest. After they were gone some one in St. John's came up with the idea of a button. They sold like crazy I guess. (I made a avatar from the idea. I'm savin' it for the right forum.)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
how do you feel about the flagship of Greenpeace, the Rainbow Warrior being blownup in Auckland Harbour by french scuba divers, killing the skipper and a crewman, all because they wanted the french to stop testing nuclear weapons at Mururoa Atoll?
I called it a GOOD START.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
Halifax bus driver who beat toy seal with stick won't be charged

Anti-seal hunt protest taking place at time of incident

Last Updated: Monday, March 16, 2009 | 8:15 AM AT

A Metro Transit bus driver in Halifax won't face criminal charges after he jumped out of his bus and used a stick to beat a toy seal being used as a prop by anti-seal hunt protesters.

Transit officials say they are investigating the incident internally.

Anti-seal hunt protesters set up on Spring Garden Road, the busy downtown Halifax shopping district, as part of an international day of action against seal hunting on Saturday. The protesters were using a toy seal covered in fake blood as a prop, to help make their point that sealing is inhumane.

The driver was behind the wheel of his bus when he spotted the protest.

"He exited the bus and went over to the area where the protesters were, and began beating on the stuffed animal seal that was on the ground there," said Staff Sgt. Don Fox of the Halifax Regional Police.

The driver used a stick to beat the stuffed toy.

Fox said police officers removed the driver from the protest area and contacted his supervisors. The driver then got back on his bus and continued with his work day, according to police.

"I know that the incident in question is under investigation," said Lisette Cormier, spokeswoman for Metro Transit. "We'll be speaking to the operator in question … so I hope to have a lot more details then."

Cormier said Metro Transit officials hoped to comment further Monday or Tuesday.

This comes several days after another embarrassing incident involving a Metro Transit bus driver, when on Tuesday a driver refused to let a Muslim woman wearing a veil over her face get on his bus.

An eyewitness to that incident told CBC News that the driver was upset that the woman was wearing a headdress that allowed only her eyes to show.

The woman was eventually allowed on the bus.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Anti-seal hunt protest taking place at time of incident

Last Updated: Monday, March 16, 2009 | 8:15 AM AT

A Metro Transit bus driver in Halifax won't face criminal charges after he jumped out of his bus and used a stick to beat a toy seal being used as a prop by anti-seal hunt protesters.

Transit officials say they are investigating the incident internally.

Anti-seal hunt protesters set up on Spring Garden Road, the busy downtown Halifax shopping district, as part of an international day of action against seal hunting on Saturday. The protesters were using a toy seal covered in fake blood as a prop, to help make their point that sealing is inhumane.

The driver was behind the wheel of his bus when he spotted the protest.

"He exited the bus and went over to the area where the protesters were, and began beating on the stuffed animal seal that was on the ground there," said Staff Sgt. Don Fox of the Halifax Regional Police.

The driver used a stick to beat the stuffed toy.

Fox said police officers removed the driver from the protest area and contacted his supervisors. The driver then got back on his bus and continued with his work day, according to police.

"I know that the incident in question is under investigation," said Lisette Cormier, spokeswoman for Metro Transit. "We'll be speaking to the operator in question … so I hope to have a lot more details then."

Cormier said Metro Transit officials hoped to comment further Monday or Tuesday.

I LOVE this guy!!!!!!

lol

An "Earth-Firster" is the kind of person that would step over someone sleeping in a puddle of their own piss on a New York street to throw a bucket of pig's blood on somebody wearing a fur coat.
Dennis Miller, as quoted by Ron James

I wish I'd said that.

Or beaten the stuffed seal, either one. :)

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I found that article simply hilarious. Too bad he stopped his bus to do it (because that got him suspended), but I'm picturing how funny that would have been to see.