Saskatchewan approves carbon-capture project

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If CO2 can be captured and stored, why can't the carbon part be removed and used to make steel instead of using coal and the oxygen part released into the atmosphere?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Anybody so dumb as to think that conclusion follows from what I wrote couldn't write a coherent sentence, so I presume you're being deliberately obtuse, as you usually are when you know somebody's right and your citations are not.

When do you suppose I abandoned all hope of any logical conclusions from you? Research has indicated a strong correlation between your objections to fact, observation and experimentation in diametric opposition with the scientific tradition that you pay lip service to only.. You will be investing in carbon credits. You will purchase the carbon light sugarr. Kiss your money goodbye.

That's completely untrue. I can mail you a thermodynamics book if you need one.

Read it again.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The temperature inside the igloo is caused by the radiating body. The igloo is a closed circuit the atmosphere inside the igloo is static and does not remove the heat till you open the door. Tomorrow I will esplain snowballs for you. Greenhouse gases clearly and irrefutably do not exist on earth nor anywhere else.

Yes, so the source of the heat hasn't changed, only something is blocking the radiation of heat away from that system (not closed). Cold frozen blocks of snow and ice.

Greenhouse gases do exist whether you acknowledge them or not. The effect can be measured with infrared cameras, easily. Not a violation of thermodynamics anymore than an igloo is.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
An epidemic of thermodynamic retards, it must be the aspartame.

Yes, so the source of the heat hasn't changed, only something is blocking the radiation of heat away from that system (not closed). Cold frozen blocks of snow and ice.

Greenhouse gases do exist whether you acknowledge them or not. The effect can be measured with infrared cameras, easily. Not a violation of thermodynamics anymore than an igloo is.

It's inside the closed igloo but it's not closed? The solar radiation observed as delivered to the earth is observed leaving the earth, that is a fact. There is no re radiation. The same heat cannot be added to the system twice. You believe in something for nothing even when the idea violates the known laws of thermodynamics.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Want to buy some taxpayer funded carbon? It's tainted with H2S because it's far far far cheaper to make electricty with sour gas. You can use it to extract more oil from old fields.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
You lose. I do understand, however, why you have problems. You don't understand the basics, if you're claiming that an igloo is a closed system.

Enjoy yourself, it's a good hobby.

If the igloos door is closed the interior of the igloo is a closed system in which the atmosphere does not circulate and cool the hot body at any way near the rate as open to unobstructed atmosphere.

Want to buy some taxpayer funded carbon? It's tainted with H2S because it's far far far cheaper to make electricty with sour gas.....

No I am not buying any goddamn carbon and if you don't get off my doorstep I'll load up the shotgun and pepper your carbon bagging ass.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ah ha! At least one person knows the value of sulphur. I tell you what. You give me cheap AB sour gas and I'll give you sulphur back from the capture process. Good deal?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You gotta a place to process it?

I'll check on the transmission issue and if it's a go - we can clean-up on the Sulphur side.

It's amazing what the commodity price is placed on it in Asia these days.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You gotta a place to process it?

I'll check on the transmission issue and if it's a go - we can clean-up on the Sulphur side.

It's amazing what the commodity price is placed on it in Asia these days.
Yup. It's called the CO-OP Heavy Oil Upgrader. It the ideal system for scrubbing sulphur from light crude injected with H2S/CO2. It works wonders for the heavy oil.

CCRL is one of North America's higher value-added petroleum refining facilities. The Hydro Desulphurization Unit Reactor is the heart of the 2005 expansion. When it operates at high temperature, high pressure, and in the presence of hydrogen it's sophisticated processing converts low value, high sulphur feedstock into high value, low sulphur petroleum products.

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
This thread was just starting to get good before the useless mudslinging came in.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
It's inside the closed igloo but it's not closed?

A closed system when you're talking about thermodynamics has a precise meaning, it means that the system can exchange work and energy with it's surroundings, but not matter. An igloo can definitely exchange matter with it's surroundings...

The solar radiation observed as delivered to the earth is observed leaving the earth, that is a fact.

NOT all of it, that is a fact. As I've said multiple times...there is a documented cooling in the upper atmosphere, and a documented warming in the lower atmosphere, which is completely consistent with what is expected from an enhanced greenhouse effect, the properties of which have been known since the 1800's.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Probably the day several years ago when I told you the thunderbolts.info site is crap.

Close but no, it was the day after when you professed the electrical neutrality of space. Your faith has been tested and you have remained firm in your religious belief. Dog will reward you with dark milk and dark honey when you get to dark heaven. you and Hawkings .