Roe v. Wade overturned?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
You don't know what you're talking about. But your view is valid for your level of knowledge.
Well, actually I do know what I'm talking about. Have you not been listening? It's not MY opinion that is stating that the law wasn't good initially - experts in the Constitution explained why it was a bad law, and even Ruth Bader Ginsberg agreed it was a bad law. I'm simply repeating what I have heard.

What I am confident in tho' is that abortion will never become illegal - there will always be somewhere to get one done. While I agree, I'm not the only person who has that view which it is out there.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Well, actually I do know what I'm talking about. Have you not been listening? It's not MY opinion that is stating that the law wasn't good initially - experts in the Constitution explained why it was a bad law, and even Ruth Bader Ginsberg agreed it was a bad law. I'm simply repeating what I have heard.

What I am confident in tho' is that abortion will never become illegal - there will always be somewhere to get one done. While I agree, I'm not the only person who has that view which it is out there.

Abortion will be illegal in LA if the current bill is passed.

So... your 'confident that abortion will never become illegal' is bupkis.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Do you live in LA ,does what they do or not affect you ?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

Actually, California will have an abortion law that will go right up to before the birth of a child - who knows, maybe even after delivery. So no, LA will not have illegal abortions to contend with. Don't know where you're getting your information from. The Governor has even stated publicly that if Roe vs Wade is overturned, he will create an "abortion" holiday of sorts and offer FREE ABORTIONS to anyone who goes to CA so CA taxpayers can pay for all abortions no matter where you live as long as you come to CA to get them!

So yes, I'm CONFIDENT that abortion will never become illegal!! If you actually followed the case to the Courts you'll find that the only reason why this was looked at to begin with is that Mississippi had put in a law that abortions was only offered to 15 weeks (so see - still abortion available) and Texas with their heart beat law (see, you can still get an abortion) there as well.

Even Ruth Bader Ginsburg (who was very much pro-abortion) stated that Roe vs Wade should never have been passed as it was an unconstitutional law and that the decision belongs to the States and the people who live there. Nothing in the "leaked" memo said anything about banning abortions - just that it was up to the people in each individual state. That's all that's going on.

Besides, IF a state decided to make abortions illegal, then there would be a cause for those who are protesting now, to actually protest something that is factual rather than what "might" happen. They're wasting their efforts now & should be saving them "in case" a State proclaims abortion to be illegal.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Actually, California will have an abortion law that will go right up to before the birth of a child - who knows, maybe even after delivery. So no, LA will not have illegal abortions to contend with. Don't know where you're getting your information from. The Governor has even stated publicly that if Roe vs Wade is overturned, he will create an "abortion" holiday of sorts and offer FREE ABORTIONS to anyone who goes to CA so CA taxpayers can pay for all abortions no matter where you live as long as you come to CA to get them!

So yes, I'm CONFIDENT that abortion will never become illegal!! If you actually followed the case to the Courts you'll find that the only reason why this was looked at to begin with is that Mississippi had put in a law that abortions was only offered to 15 weeks (so see - still abortion available) and Texas with their heart beat law (see, you can still get an abortion) there as well.

Even Ruth Bader Ginsburg (who was very much pro-abortion) stated that Roe vs Wade should never have been passed as it was an unconstitutional law and that the decision belongs to the States and the people who live there. Nothing in the "leaked" memo said anything about banning abortions - just that it was up to the people in each individual state. That's all that's going on.

Besides, IF a state decided to make abortions illegal, then there would be a cause for those who are protesting now, to actually protest something that is factual rather than what "might" happen. They're wasting their efforts now & should be saving them "in case" a State proclaims abortion to be illegal.

Not Los Angeles.

Louisiana.

And as it's the second time I've mentioned Louisiana, perhaps it shows you aren't paying attention at all...?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
My bad! I haven't seen the State's name "Louisiana" so I assumed (should NEVER assume) that it was Los Angeles.

OMG I didn't realize you thought I was "perrrfect" LOL

You aren't anything NEAR "perrrfect".

But your automatic assumption that LA meant Los Angeles made no sense even in the context of, well any of this. Which is why I suggested you weren't even paying attention.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Hold on there bubba Serryah

After Tense Debate, Louisiana Scraps Plan to Classify …

1 day ago · May 12, 2022, 9:09 p.m. ET Louisiana lawmakers torpedoed legislation on Thursday that would have classified abortion as homicide, overwhelmingly rejecting a proposal with far-

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Stupid people will believe anything.

You being one of them.

Hold on there bubba Serryah

After Tense Debate, Louisiana Scraps Plan to Classify …

1 day ago · May 12, 2022, 9:09 p.m. ET Louisiana lawmakers torpedoed legislation on Thursday that would have classified abortion as homicide, overwhelmingly rejecting a proposal with far-

So, one day ago; until one day ago, they were on track to make it a homicide and illegal.

That said, GOOD, because the law as they were having it was disgusting on so many levels it wasn't even funny.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Well if she wasn’t groomed, and raped but one of those who you support.. she wouldn’t be pregnant.. duh

By one of those I support?

So supporting teachers in general means I support groomers and rapists?

Wow, you really are stretching out this 'label' thing, aren't you?

At least I don't support Pedophiles nor child killers. Unlike you.

And as for this teacher? What should happen is what happens to other adults who do the same; execution preferably but since that's not the option, jail for the rest of their lives and forced sterilization.