Rnc 2020

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I know you are right the convention isn't attacking the Don and celebrating minorities successes in the USA, pretty boring stuff alright.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I know that terrified, whimpering White people begging for the return of Jim Crow is your thing, but it's kinda a niche market.

Wasn't Jim Crow a Dem. thingy

Jim Crow laws were state and local laws that enforced racial segregation in the Southern United States. All were enacted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by white Democratic -dominated state legislatures after the Reconstruction period. Jul. 28 2019
Jim Crow laws - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Wasn't Jim Crow a Dem. thingy
Yup, until the Republicans stole the whole race-hate thing starting in 1964 with Barry Goldwater, kicking into high gear with Nixon's Southern Strategy in 1968, and continuing unabated to this day.

Wasn't Canada a British colony thing, ruled directly from London?

It's OK, I know you're only mindlessly parroting whatever shit the MAGA! press poured into you recently without the faintest understanding of what you're on about.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
You obviously didn't hear anything from the RNC if you're asking this.
Nor did he see it from Trump:
The DNC Is Dominating the RNC in TV Ratings

Politics these days may tend to feel like a bad reality TV show, but if it is, it's one we're all totally hate-watching. Ratings are in for the opening night of the Republican National Convention, and it appears that in this race at least, the Democrats are coming out on top.
Early numbers from Nielsen indicate that the first night of the Republican National Convention drew 15.8 million viewers across six networks, which is significantly less than the 18.7 million viewers who tuned in to the Democratic National Convention on its first night. According to Nielsen, Fox News carried the bulk of the RNC viewership, with 7.1 million total viewers.
source: https://www.tvguide.com/news/dnc-rnc-tv-ratings-night-one/
hmmm...what to believe. The Nielson ratings or the Washington Free Press Beacon...

Does coverage like this equal to non biased reporting by the MSM? Covering the convention while attacking Trump, I didn't read any criticism against Biden in the DNC convention.

Melania Trump's moment of redemption: U.S. first lady owns 'every word' in speech to Republican convention

Power struggle at White House

But observers say there is a power struggle in the White House between Melania Trump and the president's daughter Ivanka.

"Melania hasn't taken a role yet, and there really isn't a role for her because Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka are so involved," says Jong-Fast.

A former friend of Melania Trump's details alleged turf wars, and says Melania called Ivanka and her allies "snakes," writes author Stephanie Winston Wolkoff in the forthcoming Melania & Me, a book to be published next week.

It's expected Ivanka Trump will introduce her father to the convention on Thursday night.

But Melania Trump has her own distinct power, as a non-conformist in the White House, says CNN's Bennet.

"She is not a political spouse or a seasoned Washington insider. So to expect or anticipate that all a sudden she is going to become this standard-bearer of what a first lady can and should do, I think we need to readjust our paradigm," says Bennet.

"From what I'm hearing from sources, she does intend to campaign, to have more active participation as we ramp up to the election," says Bennet, but she notes there are no set campaign events yet on Melania Trump's schedule.....More

5 takeaways from the second night of the Republican National Convention

Trump emerged sporadically during the production: issuing a pardon, holding a naturalization ceremony at the White House and once more when his wife took the stage to make the case for his re-election. His "surprise" appearances served as reminders of how much this year's gathering revolves around him -- it's his show -- just four years after disruptions from the convention floor, and public shows of discord undercut his first celebration.

The official added that "no taxpayer resources were used to film or produce the speech," and that "all costs associated are being paid by the RNC."

But there are still many questions about his decision -- and he is likely to face even more when he returns home.

House Democrats, led by Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas, a senior Democrat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, opened an investigation into Pompeo's involvement with the convention from Israel -- and are seeking more information about any internal legal vetting of the move, whether any staff were involved in the setup for his speech, and if his participation impacted planning for his trip to the region.

On and On it goes direct opposition and backhanded compliments through the whole article, but at least ABC reported on it and didn't ignore the convention like many other news outlets are.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Yup, until the Republicans stole the whole race-hate thing starting in 1964 with Barry Goldwater, kicking into high gear with Nixon's Southern Strategy in 1968, and continuing unabated to this day.
Wasn't Canada a British colony thing, ruled directly from London?
It's OK, I know you're only mindlessly parroting whatever shit the MAGA! press poured into you recently without the faintest understanding of what you're on about.

His silence is deafening.

But not as deafening as the silence from the RNC which is down 28% in ratings compared to the 2016 RNC. Woof!

Last edited: